Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
happy marriages -- even then i'm talking about when it all fall apart (not you) one party end up really messed up usually (the woman and her kids). i don't see how any of that was even worth it then? just seem like a waste of lets say 10 years.
Even if it ends, I don't see how it's a waste. Regardless of who you're with, most folk, I imagine, are going to be spending time with people they like, love, care about. Having a good time, imo, should be a part of it. Now, as far as who gets the financial shaft goes, it dependents on the couple. Two people with solid careers are going to have fewer issues than those that have income disparity in the marriage. There are all kinds approaches to marriage.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 PM

178 posts, read 376,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I had one instance a year or two ago from this cop who decided not to write up a ticket (expired inspection sticker). He hit on me so hard. It made no difference that I was married. We ended up chatting it up for at least a half an hour. I figured he needed someone to talk to. Other than that, Cambridge police nail me with the inspection sticker shyte. Every year I get it.

On second thought, it's not as if men are so virtuous that they wouldn't try to get out of ticket if they could.
Quote:
People will do what they can. Cops macking on women isn't cool, tho. It's an abuse of power. I wasn't comfortable with it one bit, but I was forced to deal with it by a man standing there with a gun.
F-L-A-K-E. Nice job at trying to switch to victim mode there. Own up to it and don't blame the cop for coming on to you. You know as well as I do that you could have just asked for the ticket. If a guy were to say "but I had no choice I was trapped" you would call him spineless, among other derogatory pejoratives.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
so? it's not law for it to be half full.
No - but it does lead to a happier life. There are lots of things in my life that haven't been wonderful. There are things now that could be better. But I don't dwell on them. I deal with it and move on. I'm grateful for what I do have. And yes - I'm really lucky - what I do have is quite amazing. But I also try not to let the bad stuff get me down. We only have one life to live - why spend it being upset about things we can't control.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:13 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,180,768 times
Quote:
so? it's not law for it to be half full.
I've just never met anyone who is so proud of and enjoys living in such negativity and loves spreading it as much as often as possible. Everyone gets burnt darling - you didn't patent it.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I've just never met anyone who is so proud of and enjoys living in such negativity and loves spreading it as much as often as possible. Everyone gets burnt darling - you didn't patent it.

I don't see where anyone is 'proud' and 'enjoys' living in negativity. those are your assessments. to me i just live and if i thought there was so much to life i would probably have said it by now so obviously i don't think much of it. if you do, then thats your buisness.

i don't care about spreading anything one way or the other.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - but it does lead to a happier life. There are lots of things in my life that haven't been wonderful. There are things now that could be better. But I don't dwell on them. I deal with it and move on. I'm grateful for what I do have. And yes - I'm really lucky - what I do have is quite amazing. But I also try not to let the bad stuff get me down. We only have one life to live - why spend it being upset about things we can't control.

^^ yea well that makes it easier to see everything sunny doesn't it? i don't care about telling myself things are a certain way when they clearly aren't. if i beleived i could make things better i wouldve done it by now. now i don't care what happens next.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
^^ yea well that makes it easier to see everything sunny doesn't it? i don't care about telling myself things are a certain way when they clearly aren't. if i beleived i could make things better i wouldve done it by now. now i don't care what happens next.
I think one of the reasons that my life is amazing is because I haven't dwelled on the bad stuff and I've chosen to see the good things in life. Part of it may be luck - but I've worked for this life.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think one of the reasons that my life is amazing is because I haven't dwelled on the bad stuff and I've chosen to see the good things in life. Part of it may be luck - but I've worked for this life.

well i just tried to make things work too. mostly all my life. now i no longer care if they do or they don't and i will be glad when the whole damn thing is over with. but if you're having good luck or worked for or whatever then that's fine.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Even if it ends, I don't see how it's a waste. Regardless of who you're with, most folk, I imagine, are going to be spending time with people they like, love, care about. Having a good time, imo, should be a part of it. Now, as far as who gets the financial shaft goes, it dependents on the couple. Two people with solid careers are going to have fewer issues than those that have income disparity in the marriage. There are all kinds approaches to marriage.

i understand you had a good time while the whole thing was working out, going good. i said it was a waste b/c u carried on with that person try to build a life and it all goes down the toilet. IMO that's a waste of time, had of known that, probably wouldn't have started it in the first place. now the person have to run around picking up pieces. i see a lot of single mother struggling not single fathers. so imo they make out like fat cats.

but no point in trying to say any of this again b/c people want to talk about their sunny situations and don't want to hear nothing else that affects their world. since it look good to them, they get pissed off when everyone else's picture is not painted the same. goodnite.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,180,768 times
Quote:
well i just tried to make things work too. mostly all my life. now i no longer care if they do or they don't and i will be glad when the whole damn thing is over with. but if you're having good luck or worked for or whatever then that's fine.
In all seriousness, you might want to post and get some help from this forum: https://www.city-data.com/forum/mental-health/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships