Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 09:10 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,604,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I have noticed that a lot of these people hate on traditional/feminine women as well as normal men. There's one traditional woman on YouTube who've gotten a lot of hate mail from feminists.

So the mainstream really are against normal people in general.

Whats your definition of tradional women??

Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Bashing feminists again;

Some of you guys are such boring deadbeats. I can see my ignore feature needs activating again.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:12 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,226,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
We know one thing. Feminism is not normal. Since the thread is about men hating women, that "category" would rise to the top as universally disliked. Most men won't tell you that, but some will. I may complain about them here, but I also complain about them to people who know me. They, men and women, all educated, agree with me.

A great number of men haven't a clue what feminism really is. You and your cohorts want to talk educated - well, let's get educated.
Prior to the First World War women's role in society in western countries was generally confined to the domestic sphere (but not necessarily their own home) and to certain types of jobs: 'Women's Work'.

While some women managed to receive an education and others to go into non-traditional career paths, for the most part women were expected to be primarily involved in "duties at home" and "women's work".

More than any previous wars, World Wars I and II hinged as much on industrial production as they did on battlefield clashes. With millions of men away fighting and with the inevitable horrendous casualties, there was a severe shortage of labor in a range of industries, from rural and farm work to city office jobs to factory labor including ship and bomb building assembly lines.

During both World War I and World War II, women were called on, by necessity, to do work and to take on roles that were outside their traditional gender expectations. Women did, for the duration of both World Wars, take on jobs that were traditionally regarded as skilled "men's work". However, in accordance with the agreement negotiated with the trade unions, women undertaking jobs covered by the Dilution agreement lost their jobs and were then expected to return home for domesticated and wifely duties so men could resume their jobs prior to the war upon return. Women were discouraged to continue the work they were placed in during the war and if any woman did stay in the out-of-home workforce, they were discriminated against in even getting a job against a man and, if successful, were paid less than half what a man made doing the exact same job.

Now, ask yourself - who made these rules and laws - geez MEN did.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Wow that's so nice.

Yet I get it. (ladies don't throw your shoes at me)

I am a female that is kind of a tom boy. And even though I am female, while I drive I do B*tch about other female drivers that suck at driving.
So, you don't b*tch at the male drivers who suck at driving? Men have higher insurance rates for a reason. They are more apt to drive dangerously.

Quote:
I never came on here hating. I came on here, with my lengthy first post, wherever that may be, talking about the "funnel effect." I don't hate. There are nice ladies out there. Just none that fulfill my checklist, so I said "fuggedaboutit."

I do categorically dislike certain types of women. I would hope that women categorically dislike certain types of men. It's called good judgment.
You don't hate, but you have agreed with misogyny in this thread? It's hard to keep up with you.
Quote:
Just wanted to point out that I see your REP climbing. Congrats.
I have low reps and you know it.
Quote:
It's actually y'all who's been doing the assuming on people's personal and love lives.
Assuming, and wrongful assuming, happens on this forum. But, it's not difficult to gauge people in a number of arenas by what they write and how they write it.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,069,648 times
I know exactly what feminism means and what it stands for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
A great number of men haven't a clue what feminism really is. You and your cohorts want to talk educated - well, let's get educated.
Prior to the First World War women's role in society in western countries was generally confined to the domestic sphere (but not necessarily their own home) and to certain types of jobs: 'Women's Work'.

While some women managed to receive an education and others to go into non-traditional career paths, for the most part women were expected to be primarily involved in "duties at home" and "women's work".

More than any previous wars, World Wars I and II hinged as much on industrial production as they did on battlefield clashes. With millions of men away fighting and with the inevitable horrendous casualties, there was a severe shortage of labor in a range of industries, from rural and farm work to city office jobs to factory labor including ship and bomb building assembly lines.

During both World War I and World War II, women were called on, by necessity, to do work and to take on roles that were outside their traditional gender expectations. Women did, for the duration of both World Wars, take on jobs that were traditionally regarded as skilled "men's work". However, in accordance with the agreement negotiated with the trade unions, women undertaking jobs covered by the Dilution agreement lost their jobs and were then expected to return home for domesticated and wifely duties so men could resume their jobs prior to the war upon return. Women were discouraged to continue the work they were placed in during the war and if any woman did stay in the out-of-home workforce, they were discriminated against in even getting a job against a man and, if successful, were paid less than half what a man made doing the exact same job.

Now, ask yourself - who made these rules and laws - geez MEN did.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,418,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Some of you guys are such boring deadbeats. I can see my ignore feature needs activating again.
No one is stopping you.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,750,319 times
almost all of the male secretly (or not) despises women. but on the other hand they 'need' women sexually (which is the part they love). so this creates a diametrically opposed view in their heads.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
We know one thing. Feminism is not normal. Since the thread is about men hating women, that "category" would rise to the top as universally disliked. Most men won't tell you that, but some will. I may complain about them here, but I also complain about them to people who know me. They, men and women, all educated, agree with me.
Yes - but considering all the groups of people that you dislike - I'm thinking that all your friends are probably very similar to you. Similar religion, similar ethnicity, similar background, etc. I know they aren't feminists, earthy, atheists, jockettes, spiritual, etc. The reason that I don't really think of you as a misogynist is because it seems to me more that you dislike most people in general. You say derogatory things about almost everyone! Sort of like South Park.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,226,791 times
Quote:
I know exactly what feminism means and what it stands for.
Did I say you didn't? Getting a tad defensive. I said many men - not all.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,418,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You don't hate, but you have agreed with misogyny in this thread? It's hard to keep up with you.
Correct, don't hate.
Incorrect, it could be a dislike ... and it could be limited to certain types of women (possibly selective misogyny).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.