Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would a girl being funny be a large factor in you liking her?
Yes 38 79.17%
No 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2012, 03:41 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times

Advertisements

I voted "NO" based on the qualifier you listed in CAPS - "SIGNIFICANT". Very few women are actually "funny". Heck, I can only really think of three female comediannes that are funny (Old Roseanne, Lisa Lampinelli, and Kristen Wiig). What IS important is that she be FUN. Big difference between being "funny" and being "fun" to be with.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM

44 posts, read 75,901 times
Ya. My girlfriend is the funniest girl I know. Girls (VERY high majority) in general just have a garbage sense of what's funny; they just don't "get" things like guys. Spare the refuting comments; not listening - it's a fact

Old 05-10-2012, 04:05 PM

44 posts, read 75,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Very few women are actually "funny".
refer to my post above. didn't even see this post. I rep you OVER 9000 for this comment alone!!!
(see? i'm not alone. people notice..)

edit: just noticed THIS one too
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I can't recall too many women that I have found bowl-over hilarious. Women aren't programmed the same as men to be a rolling ball of never ending one-liners.
again, OVER 9000 reps to you.

Proof. Women aren't wired to be funny.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:07 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
Definitely. For me it is as fascinating as a friendly smile is to women. It suggests that a woman can laugh at herself, doesnt take her self so seriously and is free is hang-ups, issues. Especially anti-male ones.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
Who cares? I would never want tobe with a Lisa lampanelli.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:16 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not talking about someone who was physically very unappealing...but someone you might not otherwise notice too much, maybe average, a bit chubby, plain...who had a great sense of humour: i.e. could both joke AND appreciate GOOD jokes (not just laugh at your unfunny ones).

I could see myself liking a fairly plain gal who was really funny/fun to be around. If her bod was decent, that could turn me on, but in terms of the emotional component it could definitely make me like her a lot.
Have you actually considered acting on all these wonderful thoughts and ideas you have about women instead of bombarding us with numerous threads/polls everyday? Jesus.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Yes, ethnic/religious/off-color humor that is "within bounds," and sarcastic humor, as well, is welcomed and mine must be tolerated, or it ain't getting off the ground.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:21 PM

Thinking back on all the women I have dated, I cant really name a single one who had a "great sense of humor". Mrs.Lao has a very similar sense of humor as myself which is inappropriate and borderline mean humor, and there has been many times where I had to shush her for fear of getting both of us in trouble with her comments, even though I was LMAO at her. Every women I ever dated WAS fun though. Fun as in positive, bubbly attitudes, always up for adventure, willingness to do fun things. Not just cracking jokes type of sense of humor.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Thinking back on all the women I have dated, I cant really name a single one who had a "great sense of humor". Mrs.Lao has a very similar sense of humor as myself which is inappropriate and borderline mean humor, and there has been many times where I had to shush her for fear of getting both of us in trouble with her comments, even though I was LMAO at her. Every women I ever dated WAS fun though. Fun as in positive, bubbly attitudes, always up for adventure, willingness to do fun things. Not just cracking jokes type of sense of humor.
I don't really equate having a good sense of humor as being the same thing as being a stand up comic. I make people around me laugh. I'm not doing a stand up routine or cracking jokes - I just find humor in life. I tell stories in a funny way. I'm a silly person. My husband and I laugh together all the time - and it's not because we are trying to get laughs or telling one liners or anything. We just like to goof around a lot. And many times he's actually laughing AT me - but since I can laugh at myself, too - it usually just makes me laugh as well.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't really equate having a good sense of humor as being the same thing as being a stand up comic. I make people around me laugh. I'm not doing a stand up routine or cracking jokes - I just find humor in life. I tell stories in a funny way. I'm a silly person. My husband and I laugh together all the time - and it's not because we are trying to get laughs or telling one liners or anything. We just like to goof around a lot. And many times he's actually laughing AT me - but since I can laugh at myself, too - it usually just makes me laugh as well.
Have a nice sense of humor is a good thing, but it has never been a "SIGNIFICANT FACTOR" (as the OP puts it) in me dating her. My wife is not and never will be the life of the party. Many people who dont know her, get an initial impression of her as being kinda bit*hy, but I enjoy her company so much and we laugh at the same things and have similar interests.

So to the OP, for me, I can say a sense of humor is a MINOR thing, not a significant thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships