Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,500,038 times

Advertisements

Best of luck OP, I think you're going to need it.

My last piece of advice would be to contact a high end matchmaker service. They're expensive but maybe they could help.

My guess is though just like you regret not looking for someone in your 20s, you're going to regret not being more flexible in your 30s.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSpice22304 View Post
I appreciate your input; however, I know what I want.
I think your desired ending has a better chance of being the next new hit sitcom than coming to fruition in real life.

Quote:
No offense, but frankly I hope you get no takers. You have the wrong attitude about relationships and any decent guy with a good head on his shoulders will steer clear from it.
I agree. Her attitude screams "ME! ME!! MMMEEE!!!!" She needs to really ask; what do I offer someone?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:34 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Um, OP, I realize you came here for "meeting people" advice, but does it worry you at all that your approach and outlook absolutely horrifies everyone who has responded to you? One rarely sees such unanimous agreement on these boards. You respected the opinions on here enough to ask a question, apparently - so you must find us to be collectively insightful to some degree.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
OP you never answered my question...WHAT DO YOU OFFER?

You've mentioned nothing but cosmetic and monetary/educational things. I have those plus I'm 10 years younger than you, so honestly, I'm not all that impressed. Plus I still manage to have a life.

Men aren't going to care that you're successful if you're a selfish, materialistic, person. Likewise, they aren't going to want to get trapped having kids with you either.

You're not exactly coming off like a great catch, but you want one.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
(i.e. spirituality, professional income, graduate degree, family oriented, monogamous, attractive, intelligent, in good shape, drug and STD free, not previously married and no children and of course, no criminal record or bad credit).
My advice would be to word your requirements to sound more inviting. As it reads I do not know one availible man who meets all your requirements and I am surrounded by Professional well paid men.

You are right in the age range that I typically look at, and if I saw your post I would most likely bypass it just do to the way it reads. I easily meet those requirements except the age range you posted later, 38 to my 40, and listing a graduate degree requirement, I only have a 4 year degree (Aerospace Engineer here), but I guarentee I make more than 95% of the people I know with the extra 2 years of college.

I know a lot of available women in their 30's and many would just be happy with a nice good looking guy that has a good income. Of course the very attractive women will have their pick of well off men. These will be your competition.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-16-2012 at 02:49 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I used to live right in the OP's zipcode (22304) and this line of thinking is not uncommon in that area.
Oh yes indeedy. I'm right next door and you are absolutely right. MANY women here are like this which makes me want to get the **** out of here ASAP!

Now... where's Alenka Bikar? Forget about masters degrees, 6-figure salaries, careers, and all that crap. Gimme Alenka!

Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Oh yes indeedy. I'm right next door and you are absolutely right. MANY women here are like this which makes me want to get the **** out of here ASAP!

Now... where's Alenka Bikar? Forget about masters degrees, 6-figure salaries, careers, and all that crap. Gimme Alenka!
i was thinking about going back and getting my masters degree, but now i'm having second thoughts. i don't want to attract the wrong crowd!

Old 05-16-2012, 02:46 PM

12 posts, read 9,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
My advice would be to word your requirements to sound more inviting. As it reads I do not know one availible man who meets your requirements and I am surrounded by Professional well paid men.

You are right in the age range that I typically look at, and if I saw your post I would most likely bypass it just do to the way it reads. I easily meet those requirements except the age range you posted later, 38 to my 40, and listing a graduate degree requirement, I only have a 4 year degree (Aerospace Engineer here), but I guarentee I make more than 95% of the people I know with the extra 2 years of college.

I know a lot of available women in their 30's and many would just be happy with a nice good looking guy that has a good income. Of course the very attractive women will have their pick of well off men. These will be your competition.
I prefer older men, therefore 40 years old is perfectly fine. Perhaps I came across as a little neurotic in some of my posts. My apologies, in person, I'm very laid back. Are you presently in Arizona? I was raised in Scottsdale.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:46 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
I appreciate your input; however, I know what I want.
And how's that working out for you?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:52 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
I'm closing this thread before it gets any more out of hand. Will clean it up later and re-open it if it's warranted.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships