Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 01:06 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,451,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
What if a guy in his 30's is passed over by and doesn't meet the standards of women in their 30's so he dates women in their early 20's.....who is doing who a favor where?
Every women in their 30's they come in contact with during dating? Doubt it. I prefer to date men in their 30's.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:06 PM

819 posts, read 1,131,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Women are so high-falootin' in San Antonio, Texas?

Dang!
Posting this again as its relevant...applies to real life just as much as online dating:

What I’ve learned pretending to be a man | Sofiastry

Old 05-16-2012, 01:08 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,319,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
That was me, and the main reason is specifically because I don't want to be pressured into a relationship instantly, forced to have kids right away. Also, there is a serious disconnect about what is "successful"; most of the older women I meet expect you to have a yacht or a mansion, drive a Ferrari, etc. That's insanely unrealistic, not to mention stupid. My career path will probably never result in making tons of money, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I am extremely happy with what I'm doing, and some women just cannot get it through their thick skulls that I'd rather be happy doing what I love than miserable making more money at some awful office job...to pay for their new Lexus and hair appointments, I guess.

I don't look at the girls I date as a means to an end, simply someone fun to hang out with and have a good time. Way too many women cannot enjoy simple pleasures like going hiking or talking about a book or whatever; they're way to caught up in some crap about having a perfect fairytale life. Then they wonder why guys who fit all their criteria (above and beyond) want nothing to do with them.
Woah! Not all women are like this. Not even successful older women. Seems like you've been burned for picking the wrong ones.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:09 PM

12 posts, read 9,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
My view is that you're gonna eliminate a lot of good decent men with the graduate degree/professional income requirement. Just a heads-up.
The professional income is an extremely important criteria, because I plan to become a stay at home mom for 3 years or so. To maintain a decent quality of life, I need him to make a six figure salary.

Last edited by AppleSpice22304; 05-16-2012 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 01:10 PM

819 posts, read 1,131,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Woah! Not all women are like this. Not even successful older women. Seems like you've been burned for picking the wrong ones.
Of course not all women are like this...I didn't say I've given up, or stopped dating completely. And yes, I've been burned countless times, so I'm much more cautious now. One of the things I learned is to avoid older chicks. If that means I might miss out on a 30 year old who is great, so be it; I'm not going to do that to myself ever again.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:14 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,319,555 times
Quote:
Of course not all women are like this...I didn't say I've given up, or stopped dating completely. And yes, I've been burned countless times, so I'm much more cautious now. One of the things I learned is to avoid older chicks. If that means I might miss out on a 30 year old who is great, so be it; I'm not going to do that to myself ever again.
I dont get this whole I dont date X because X happened to me. I was physically abused by a guy I dated in my teens. Obviously I dont apply his behavior to all white males my age. I love men regardless of what one or five or ten may have done to me. Not everyone falls into neat categories.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,240,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSpice22304 View Post
The professional income is an extremely important criteria, because I plan to become a stay at home mom for 3 years or so. To maintain a decent quality of life, I need him to make a six figure salary.
Let me let you in on a little secret. Happiness does not boil down to a six figure salary, a master's degree, etc. When you find the right person to build your life with - you will make things work. Maybe you won't get to be a stay at home mom. Maybe you will but you will find a way to make things work on 60K instead of over 100K. Maybe you will fall in love with a bajillionaire and everything will be moot. Get rid of the check list. Get rid of your plans. Get rid of your timelines. You cannot plan out your life like this. It will only lead to misery and panic. Or you can keep ignoring us - in which case you might either never get married or marry someone who isn't right for you and end up divorced.

What you need is to find someone that makes you happy. What you need is to find someone that you want to share life's journey with. Saying that you NEED him to make six figures is sort of like a man saying he NEEDS a woman who wears at least a D cup.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,804,685 times
Quote:
I do not think it has anything to do with my looks. I am not stating that I'm a perfect 10, but I'm often told that I'm cute, so perhaps I'm closer to the 7/8 range. Anyhow, I have a lot of great attributes that in truth, many other single women (in this area, do not seem to have). For starters, I'm not promiscuous and I live a relatively drama/stress free lifestyle. Also, I'm not in need of a guy's monetary support, since I make more or just as much as many of the professional men in the D.C. metro area.

I do however require that the guy be a professional and have a similar income level. That's highly important to me, along with the other things mentioned in my original post. I am not being too picky, because again, I'm not asking for anything that I do not have.
But "drama-free" and "not promiscuous" in the context of your thread mean "no dating experience" and "shy around men." Those are not particularly positive. I still don't understand what prevents an attractive single woman from dating in her 20s, especially one who says she is "stress-free." Did you work 80 hours a week at a hospital?--wait, no, that's stressful. Were you on a submarine?

If you don't mind coarse language or gay references, I recommend you watch this:

The Price of Admission. - YouTube

I think everyone should take a long, honest look at themselves when dating. You want Mr. Right but every man you meet is going to have flaws, just as you have flaws because we all are human. Approaching the dating scene with a checklist of deal breakers isn't going to get you very far.

You might meet a great guy who is "spiritual" but belongs to a different religion than you do.
Another man is educated and smart but doesn't really want children.
A third man has all your requirements but dropped out of college.
You love being around a fourth one but he is an atheist. He also works at a job he loves but will probably never make much money.
And on and on.

The first thing I think you should do, however, is assess why Mr. Right would want you over all the other women who are also looking for him right now.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,804,685 times
Quote:
P.S. Why did you work all those years if you're just going to quit?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:18 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,161,136 times
Quote:
Now I know you're just a troll..."decent quality of life". Seriously, please do not have children. You're equating money with happiness, that sentiment needs to be eliminated.
I call troll too.

But the scary part is, she could be real.

Except for the 'nice guy' title gave it away...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships