Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 09:29 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,288,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
As you know there are many different types of relationships and reasons. Many have their spouses knowledge and consent.
Did you read the first post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 09:46 PM

13,625 posts, read 21,441,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'm far more interested in this statement than your original post.

Care to elaborate??

Sure I'll elaborate. I worded it wrongly. I am not married I am single and have sex while NOT being married, as in outside of being married. Some say that is immoral and they are free to voice their opinion that way toward me just as I am voicing my opinion toward open sex couples.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:46 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,408,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
HOLY COW!

This is getting interesting.

So, OP...you feel fine about judging swingers, yet YOU HAVE SEX OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE YOURSELF?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pot, meet kettle!
Why is this shocking or funny?

And why is it hard to understand: "Sex outside of marriage" just means "Sex with someone you're not married to" (e.g., your own girlfriend?)

There is nothing hypocritical about a person saying, "I think people should just have one sexual partner" and saying "My one sexual partner is one that I'm not legally married to".

And in case the OP meant "I think casual sex is okay": I wouldn't agree with him on that, but I still see no hypocrisy. Apparently, they view a relationship as a step away from casual sex. Simple.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,912,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Sure I'll elaborate. I worded it wrongly. I am not married I am single and have sex while NOT being married, as in outside of being married. Some say that is immoral and they are free to voice their opinion that way toward me just as I am voicing my opinion toward open sex couples.
OHHHHHH! Thanks for the explanation

I thought you were telling us you cheat on your wife

Old 07-11-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Why is this shocking or funny?

And why is it hard to understand: "Sex outside of marriage" just means "Sex with someone you're not married to" (e.g., your own girlfriend?)

There is nothing hypocritical about a person saying, "I think people should just have one sexual partner" and saying "My one sexual partner is one that I'm not legally married to".

And in case the OP meant "I think casual sex is okay": I wouldn't agree with him on that, but I still see no hypocrisy. Apparently, they view a relationship as a step away from casual sex. Simple.
I am single because I haven't met a woman in a long time that I'd be willing to give a vow to, but I do meet women that I'll sex with and keep the relationship at a level of no vow. The day I meet a woman that I am willing to make a vow to is the day I only have sex with her so I am 50% right now. To my mind swingers couldn't find that or weren't willing to so they took 50% instead of 100%. What is 100%? Winning. What is 50%, just settling for the sake.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
OHHHHHH! Thanks for the explanation

I thought you were telling us you cheat on your wife

MissAnn might have liked that angle of hypocrisy for the sake of "winning" the debate but such is not the case..

Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,832,921 times
Of course you don't have to love swingers, but why be so damn rude about it? It sounds like you went all in on the guy simply because you were in a bad mood, and are shocked that he got pissy right back at you. Duh. LOL

Anyway the whole world doesn't swing. Stop hanging out with drugged out musicians. Groupie culture is what it is. There are 9 to 5 types who swing too but you won't just run in to them all the time at parties. And every woman doesn't cheat, that's just crazy talk. Most of the time it's the men everyone's worried about haha.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Of course you don't have to love swingers, but why be so damn rude about it? It sounds like you went all in on the guy simply because you were in a bad mood, and are shocked that he got pissy right back at you. Duh. LOL

Anyway the whole world doesn't swing. Stop hanging out with drugged out musicians. Groupie culture is what it is. There are 9 to 5 types who swing too but you won't just run in to them all the time at parties. And every woman doesn't cheat, that's just crazy talk. Most of the time it's the men everyone's worried about haha.

Where did drugs or "drugged out" come from and have anything to do with this topic? Kind of stereotyping a little toward musicians? Then again I'll accept that also because it is what it is. Yes, I know and have known plenty of musicians that do drugs, from over alcohol abuse to MJ most commonly and then some using stuff up their nose or pills. But not all the people I hang with are drug users in fact I wouldn't be in a band that was like that.

If anything swings lol the pun, toward "group culture" it is swingers. They often seem to try to recruit and swell their ranks as well.

I know not everyone cheats, but it does seem to come to ear and to sight a lot though. So I had a bad rash of married women trying to do a fling with me, yeah that rubbed me the wrong way. Yes swingers rub me the wrong way and I don't care to be friends with them.

I wasn't shocked he got pissy at me, I don't care that he did and I don't care if I rubbed him the wrong way because he rubs me the wrong way. I like his band, I like his fellow band mates, I don't care to know him other than a superficial level

Old 07-12-2012, 01:51 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,437,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
The thing about "swinging" is, it almost ALWAYS involves one partner who wants to, and the other partner just goes along with it.
Out of curiosity, do we have statistics on this or is this just your personal opinion? If it is just anecdotal personal opinion then I feel it worth mentioning that my own personal anecdote supports the exact opposite opinion and exactly 100% of the people I have known engaging in it have being doing so with the happy and willing consent and choice of all parties involved.

It is certainly agreed however that those that _are_ doing it with the happy consent of only one member of the relationship are likely to be in a bad place. There is nothing wrong with swinging per se - but I would happily advise anyone considering it to ensure your partner is just as happy to be doing it as you are.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:22 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,832,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Where did drugs or "drugged out" come from and have anything to do with this topic? Kind of stereotyping a little toward musicians? Then again I'll accept that also because it is what it is. Yes, I know and have known plenty of musicians that do drugs, from over alcohol abuse to MJ most commonly and then some using stuff up their nose or pills. But not all the people I hang with are drug users in fact I wouldn't be in a band that was like that.

If anything swings lol the pun, toward "group culture" it is swingers. They often seem to try to recruit and swell their ranks as well.

I know not everyone cheats, but it does seem to come to ear and to sight a lot though. So I had a bad rash of married women trying to do a fling with me, yeah that rubbed me the wrong way. Yes swingers rub me the wrong way and I don't care to be friends with them.

I wasn't shocked he got pissy at me, I don't care that he did and I don't care if I rubbed him the wrong way because he rubs me the wrong way. I like his band, I like his fellow band mates, I don't care to know him other than a superficial level
Drugged out musicians was a joke. LOL. I was a manager of struggling musicians at one point, so I make jokes at thier expense all the time. And the joke was groupie culture, not group culture. Anyway, it is not unusual to see a lot of pushing against various cultural norms in creative circles especially. Maybe in your particular corner of the community, it's sexual norms. Who knows.

In any case, why do you keep bringing up "accepting" everything? You confuse people commenting on you being harsh to someone you barely know with "acceptance". You don't have to approve of anything anyone does. You don't have to be friends with anyone. You don't have to respect anyone's actions. But that doesn't mean calling people names to thier face for no reason is some kind of birthright. It's still rude IMO. Acceptance and basic courtesy are two very different things in my book. If folks disgust you fine, keep it to yourself and politely keep it moving. Don't be so arrogant as to think your bad opinion of someone is so important that they need to hear it voiced in the bluntest way possible just because, for you, it's "true". You ain't God and no1curr. In this thread you asked for it. This guy didn't, he was just trying to make conversation.

Cheating comes to ear and sight for you a lot it seems but I what I was jokingly trying to say before is that may have something to do with who you hang around. The vast majority of people don't get recruited by swingers or hit on by married people on a regular basis. Perhaps you've stumbled into a scene. Maybe trying to find new people or places to hang out in or around is in order.

Last edited by Tinawina; 07-12-2012 at 05:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships