Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many relationships get OUT of the "Friend Zone" and into Romance?
Men - more than 90% 0 0%
Men - 75% to 90% 0 0%
Men - 25% to 75% 0 0%
Men - 10% to 25% 4 25.00%
Men - less than 10% 5 31.25%
Men - other - explain 0 0%
Women - more than 90% 0 0%
Women - 75% to 90% 0 0%
Women - 25% to 75% 1 6.25%
Women - 10% to 25% 2 12.50%
Women - less than 10% 4 25.00%
Women - other - explain 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:18 PM

37,659 posts, read 46,099,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A person in the friend zone is a fool.
Oy vey.

Okay... I will agree that anyone that thinks there is such a thing as a friend zone, because they have been there, , is a fool.

Yep. I'll agree to that.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:20 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,961,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oy vey.

Okay... I will agree that anyone that thinks there is such a thing as a friend zone, because they have been there, , is a fool.

Yep. I'll agree to that.

Yeah, I was in the friend zone when I was back in high school and I was a fool, then I learned to not do that

That being said, I just described to you what is the friend zone. Are you TRYING to ignore my points or what?

Old 05-27-2012, 12:20 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,119,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Sorry - I see what you are saying, but I still disagree with your second sentence. LOOKS are not 100% responsible for whether or not you get laid or not. Reasons for being rejected will vary - widely!

Here. This is what I was responding to.
Nothing is ever 100%, but if a guy was funny, made you feel great, was a great guy, and smart, why else would you reject him (if you had no other prospects at the time).

I've heard all of that from a woman who rejected me and when I prodded her, she said she wasn't physically attracted to me.

The last woman I've heard all that from who rejected me I didn't even bother to ask. I'll just play the guessing game, but the reason seems pretty clear.

And in my opinion, getting rejected after getting to know a woman and developing an attraction to her based on her personality is different from getting rejected by a woman at a bar when you're trying to get 'laid'.

See, to me ... the TRUE friendzone is ... she knows all the wonderful things about you and sees them, she truly wants to be your friend. She just doesn't think you are attractive.

A place I will NEVER be in again.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,752,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No such thing as "friends" when it comes to male female relationships. When you are friends with the opposite sex it means that you love them- and are emotionally connected already- The next step would be romance--Of course the best romance would be with someone you love and trust..When I see a woman who states to me regarding another man>>"we are just close friends"....I would be very suspicious ....One party might think they are "just friends" - the other party always has plans and hopes for more.
Oh what nonsense. The only men who can't have a woman as a friend are those who only see women as madonna or whores. Black and white thinking, evolve already.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,017,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh what nonsense. The only men who can't have a woman as a friend are those who only see women as madonna or whores. Black and white thinking, evolve already.
I don't have very many single female friends. I'd say all of the women I am friends with are married.

And the reason why I say that is I do have a few friends on FB who are single, but they prefer guys who like drinking as soon as they wake up.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:54 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,752,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't have very many single female friends. I'd say all of the women I am friends with are married.

And the reason why I say that is I do have a few friends on FB who are single, but they prefer guys who like drinking as soon as they wake up.
I don't have many single male friends either but I can interact with single men without wanting to sleep with them. My point being, that men and women can have a friendship going without being a precursor to a sexual relationship.

I personally like having male friends along with female friends. It's different. I also like being friends with the men I have fallen in love with because I believe friendship is an important element in a relationship.

Understandably there will probably be a bit of sexual tension with the opposite sex but again, this doesn't stop one from being a friend.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't have many single male friends either but I can interact with single men without wanting to sleep with them. My point being, that men and women can have a friendship going without being a precursor to a sexual relationship.

I personally like having male friends along with female friends. It's different. I also like being friends with the men I have fallen in love with because I believe friendship is an important element in a relationship.

Understandably there will probably be a bit of sexual tension with the opposite sex but again, this doesn't stop one from being a friend.
To this point, I can't, or at least, I have a very difficult time trying to be friends with someone I find having an attraction to. That probably comes from the horrible experiences I've had with women in the past few years, but I can't really change that.

So if she says "Lets be friends" and chooses to date another guy, I separate myself from her because I don't want to feel like I'm the 2nd pick, or someone else in her pocket. That's happened to me too often and everytime i drop the situation.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:12 PM

27,649 posts, read 28,745,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
To this point, I can't, or at least, I have a very difficult time trying to be friends with someone I find having an attraction to. That probably comes from the horrible experiences I've had with women in the past few years, but I can't really change that.

So if she says "Lets be friends" and chooses to date another guy, I separate myself from her because I don't want to feel like I'm the 2nd pick, or someone else in her pocket. That's happened to me too often and everytime i drop the situation.
A woman will know very quickly whether or not she will sleep with you. I was recently in a bar where a young lady began small talking with me for a couple minutes. Then she got up and walked around aimlessly for little while, came back and said "I can't stop thinking about sex."

That's how quickly she let me know and I didn't even hint about it.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
A woman will know very quickly whether or not she will sleep with you. I was recently in a bar where a young lady starting small talking with me for a couple minutes. Then she got up and walked around aimlessly for little while, came back and said "I can't stop thinking about sex."

That's how quickly she let me know and I didn't even ask.
Good for you?

Old 05-27-2012, 01:32 PM

19,740 posts, read 20,296,959 times
I think having friends of the opposite sex is pretty awesome, and can be very rewarding. Anyone who would deny themselves the experience is missing out...

That being said, I believe a true romantic relationship (not just hooking up) with a friend is indeed a very rare thing, possibly even once in a lifetime...That is a beautiful thing.

Of course though, I'm talking about already existing friendships, not meeting a stranger and becoming "friends" with the hopes of sleeping with them one day...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.