Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 10:11 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The stupid DUI laws have all but destroyed any type of "adult" recreational activities in this country. Unless you have a neighborhood bar that you can walk to, you might as well forget about it.

I used to have a lot of fun in my younger years at clubs, but now days, it's not worth the risk of going to jail for. Yet another way that this country has managed to destroy the social interaction and communication in favor of sitting at home listening to the propaganda of the boob tube.

Makes me sick.

20yrsinBranson
Are you drunk right now?

DUI laws didn't destroy anything. It's completely possible to go out and have fun without putting someone else's life in danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
uh...because women enjoy going out for drinks occasionally, and to visit with each other, catch up on news, etc.? Same reason they may enjoy meeting for lunch occasionally? Hello? Plus there may be a band playing that they want to hear.
My point is if she is so digusted by the CHANCE that men who in her mind have evil intents, why go at all?

Quote:
The stupid DUI laws have all but destroyed any type of "adult" recreational activities in this country. Unless you have a neighborhood bar that you can walk to, you might as well forget about it.

I used to have a lot of fun in my younger years at clubs, but now days, it's not worth the risk of going to jail for. Yet another way that this country has managed to destroy the social interaction and communication in favor of sitting at home listening to the propaganda of the boob tube.

Makes me sick.

20yrsinBranson
The DUI laws are only stupid if you don't have the forsight to arrange alternative transportation like a cab, designated driver, or even an amatueur tranportation service for drunks, if you are planning to get hammered.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Wow. In reading this thread I am thankful for my decision to never go to bars and clubs. God forbid if I ever wanted to meet someone and PERHAPS form a relationship with someone aside from the usual work/school/grocery store venues. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to have been taken for a 'creep', 'loser', or any other derogatory term simply for being a decent guy with decent intentions.

Wow. No wonder I am jaded. Seems to me everyone else is as well... and that's from where I get it.
I think we have made a distinction between being a decent guy with decent intentions and being that guy that buys you a drink, starts a conversation the quickly becomes him putting his hands on areas he shouldnt and suggesting you leave the bar together for some hot monkey sex. Then he gets mad and somtimes agressive because you declined because he believes that drink was his admission to your nethers. This is the equivelent to the drunk chick that dogs you for free drinks and appetizers all night.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Wow. In reading this thread I am thankful for my decision to never go to bars and clubs. God forbid if I ever wanted to meet someone and PERHAPS form a relationship with someone aside from the usual work/school/grocery store venues. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to have been taken for a 'creep', 'loser', or any other derogatory term simply for being a decent guy with decent intentions.

Wow. No wonder I am jaded. Seems to me everyone else is as well... and that's from where I get it.
Pretty much. If you're a man at a bar and you see a women you like and try to talk to her that you really just are trying to pick her up for a one night stand and that you're a loser and you're being a pest.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I think we have made a distinction between being a decent guy with decent intentions and being that guy that buys you a drink, starts a conversation the quickly becomes him putting his hands on areas he shouldnt and suggesting you leave the bar together for some hot monkey sex. Then he gets mad and somtimes agressive because you declined because he believes that drink was his admission to your nethers. This is the equivelent to the drunk chick that dogs you for free drinks and appetizers all night.
That's great.

Well, we all know that women, especially in a bar/club setting, tend to all think alike and therefore assume all the same things so it's best for THIS decent guy to stay away from such places. Maybe I'll just stick around home on Friday and Saturday nites.

Thanks anyway.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No, a dude like that is just a idiot, and is not represenative of every man at a bar.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
No, a dude like that is just a idiot, and is not represenative of every man at a bar.
Well that was the point. Most guys are not like that and most women enjoy socializing with men in bars/social settings or use to anyway.

Your position seems to be that is the norm that men are there to pick up women so if we don’t want this type of interaction, your words:

Quote:
Then whats the point of women going out? So when women get all dress up/skanked up, they do it to look good for each other? That logic makes no sense. If women truly didn't want to be botherd when they went out, they would dress down, like they just rolled out of bed.
Quote:
What do you mean boo hoo? Women who don't want to botherd should stay home.
Quote:
Just admit women go to these places to get attention from men, but don't want to be "botherd" by men(unless its Brad Pitt or Denzel Washington).

Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM

17 posts, read 14,829 times
The scene has changed. People don't know how to communicate face to face anymore. I go to a bar, and see people with drinks held at their chest creating a barrier for approaching. I see people staring at their phones, again making themselves unapproachable. When I go to a bar, I find a place where I can set my drink, or I hold it in my left hand to my side, so I have my right hand free to greet people. I use my phone to communicate with individuals I intend to meet up with that night. Otherwise it is in my pocket. My status updates on Facebook can wait, and so can everyone elses that I might like to read once I am at home and alone. I meet plenty of people when I am out. All of them also have their phones put away, and don't have a drink held up as a shield. That is a minority of people who are making themselves available for interactions, but they are also probably the most inetersting ones to meet.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:53 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeD Ten-Foured View Post
The scene has changed. People don't know how to communicate face to face anymore. I go to a bar, and see people with drinks held at their chest creating a barrier for approaching. I see people staring at their phones, again making themselves unapproachable. When I go to a bar, I find a place where I can set my drink, or I hold it in my left hand to my side, so I have my right hand free to greet people. I use my phone to communicate with individuals I intend to meet up with that night. Otherwise it is in my pocket. My status updates on Facebook can wait, and so can everyone elses that I might like to read once I am at home and alone. I meet plenty of people when I am out. All of them also have their phones put away, and don't have a drink held up as a shield. That is a minority of people who are making themselves available for interactions, but they are also probably the most inetersting ones to meet.
Here's the answer right here, bolded in all its glory.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Here's the answer right here, bolded in all its glory.

Isnt that the truth. I stopped by subway to grab lunch and looked at the people sitting at the tables. Everyone of them were engrossed in their phones and never looked up. I thought about making faces at everyone just to see if they would notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships