Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 01:30 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,808,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO @ the sh*tty attitude of women who choose to go out to a public place just for the sake of enjoyment or socializing. I'm sorry (no I'm not) some women's lives don't revolve around catering to males and their needs/wants. I agree, stay outta the bar less disappointment for you that way.
No, the ****ty attitude of women as in every time a man approaches them the man only wants SEX SEX SEX. ALL men are horndogs. ALL men are 'creeps'. ALL men think with their dicks. ALL men WHATEVER. Y'know... it's getting tired and old.

Then again... I'm probably better off yelling at a brick wall... I'd get the same results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 01:34 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,744,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
No, the ****ty attitude of women as in every time a man approaches them the man only wants SEX SEX SEX. ALL men are horndogs. ALL men are 'creeps'. ALL men think with their dicks. ALL men WHATEVER. Y'know... it's getting tired and old.

Then again... I'm probably better off yelling at a brick wall... I'd get the same results.

"well then why do they dress that way?" "Why do they go to the bars if they don't want to be picked up?" So apparently you all are under that impression that's why women go to bars. Majority of men I seen in the bars act like they are their for one night stands or whatever. They get upset when this doesn't pan out for them. I know I'm not the only woman who has seen this play out.

Also I agree with everything you said here. LOL. And not every woman thinks men approach women solely based on sex/looks -- that's just me.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:38 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,588,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Do you think its unnatural for "strange men" to approach attractive women? Is it something that shouldnt be taking place?
Well, a woman DOES need to be careful of strange men who approach her because a man can easily overpower a woman.

But outside of that, the problem is that in American society today, there is no place that I'm aware of where women seem to feel safe being approached by men; even online, women think every guy who emails them is a "creep" so you hardly get any responses when you try and talk to them.

No wonder why Western birth rates are in a decline and upwardly mobile men are moving abroad. There is too much distrust and strife between genders within Western countries.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 PM

20,729 posts, read 19,398,885 times
Quote:
LOL. I'm not though, I'm bisexual. I like men physically, just not their attitudes about women, so I choose not to bother with them at all. I guess they could say the same about me..... Someone said in another thread, that when men don't like what they hear from a woman that's usually the 2nd response: "She's a lesbian," I understand it's an ego thing for you all, feel free to tell yourself that.
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Can't get the men you want?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes. Men do this all the time.
Strip clubs.
Good point and I FULLY admit that I don't go to strip clubs for this very reason.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:40 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,808,169 times
Quote:
"well then why do they dress that way?" "Why do they go to the bars if they don't want to be picked up?" So apparently you all are under that impression that's why women go to bars. Majority of men I seen in the bars act like they are their for one night stands or whatever. They get upset when this doesn't pan out for them. I know I'm not the only woman who has seen this play out.

Also I agree with everything you said here. LOL. And not every woman thinks men approach women solely based on sex/looks -- that's just me.
So guys like me, who are the EXCEPTION to all this madness, simply just get lost within all the noise, right? WE pay the price for the actions and behaviors of the scumbags, right? WE get to be lumped in with the losers, right? Terrific.

And then people wonder why I have such a negative view of people and relationships in general. It's tiring to be constantly told you're the bad guy, you're no good, etc.

The proof is in the puddin'.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:41 PM

17 posts, read 14,837 times
Quote:
So the question now is how do guys like myself cope with hordes of women who appear to be more in love with their gadgets than anything else? How do we compete with (or, I should say, AGAINST) the gadgets?
Don't. She is either not present or self absorbed. Go talk to the girl who isn't burried in her phone. The one who can't put down the gadget isn't interesting no matter how hot she is. Also remember that talking to a girl isn't a date or an invitation to date. Its just talking. Enjoy the talking with no alterior motives and if the conversation runs until one or both are leaving, then it might be time to get a number, so you can keep talking. I have met plenty of nice women at bars and clubs. None of them were burried in their gadgets or dressed like an over priced vegas hooker. They also weren't travelling in groups bigger than 4. The big groups of women are there to party, and even if you get in to the party its purely for their entertainment. They aren't open to really meeting someone.

Too many guys set their eyes on the hottest/sluttiest looking woman at the club and then wonder why they can't get her attention while she is surrounded by 15 other guys just like you, and then want to blame all the women at the club. Too many guys stand around with a beer in front of their face against the wall. Didn't you learn in high school that the wall flower doesn't get anyone's attention. Why do so many guys become wall flowers at a bar. Sitting at the bar with your back to the room isn't going to get you any oportunities either. The short answer is go to the bar to have fun, and then do it. You will find that you end up talking to more people than you expected by the time the night is over.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:45 PM

36,623 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Well, a woman DOES need to be careful of strange men who approach her because a man can easily overpower a woman.

But outside of that, the problem is that in American society today, there is no place that I'm aware of where women seem to feel safe being approached by men; even online, women think every guy who emails them is a "creep" so you hardly get any responses when you try and talk to them.

No wonder why Western birth rates are in a decline and upwardly mobile men are moving abroad. There is too much distrust and strife between genders within Western countries.
I wouldnt lose any sleep over it. There are plenty of men here, plenty of marriages and plenty of babies.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:

I concur. If women are so tired of men wanting sex, they need to start advocating for the decriminalization of prostitution.

I admit that American men are horndogs, but it's only because their sex drives are being systematically suppressed.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:50 PM

20,729 posts, read 19,398,885 times
Quote:
So guys like me, who are the EXCEPTION to all this madness, simply just get lost within all the noise, right? WE pay the price for the actions and behaviors of the scumbags, right? WE get to be lumped in with the losers, right? Terrific.

And then people wonder why I have such a negative view of people and relationships in general. It's tiring to be constantly told you're the bad guy, you're no good, etc.

The proof is in the puddin'.
I just embraced it. I am a sexist pig since I like to do things with girls that just does not occur to me to do with boys. I am complete scum with a preference for attractive women. Were I still on the market, I would have no qualms about refusing the recompense for disturbing their quiet little lives. You problem is you actually give a flying. Stop whinning and strut. They may not like what they see, but at least they will know you are there. Look like you like em, but can still live without em. You sound like a suicide watch that isn't water proof and drowning in tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships