Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,403,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
So what? What's the big deal in that? Sex makes you feel good and it relives stress.

Wow, you Americans have so many hangups about sex it's no wonder why so many people in this country are either mentally ill or try and humanize their pets.

I don't blame them. What other options do they have if prostitution is ILLEGAL.
LOL us Americans... its no wonder why Europe is in such a financial crisis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 02:45 PM

691 posts, read 1,429,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeD Ten-Foured View Post
most guys walk around like schmucks thinking they are not worthy to be noticed, and then get mad about not being noticed.
No, because a lot of the women do have an aura about them that can stop a guy in his tracks. For a lot of women in the club or the bar, snubbing men is a sport; a lot of women ENJOY crushing a man's self esteem since most got none themselves. I will say, I agree with Doll Eyes to an extent. Most of the women who go to these places aren't there to meet guys; to think so is pigheaded and you're only going to be disappointed.

When I go to the bar (which I almost never do anymore), I only go with friends. I have no intention of getting laid. I don't hit on or come on to any women there at all; the last thing I want to do is make their egos bigger. I also don't buy strange women (or men) drinks - I work too hard for my money to give it up to people I don't know

Old 06-06-2012, 02:48 PM

17 posts, read 14,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
I take exception to the '*******' reference. I am far from that. Yes, I do not think I am worthy of being noticed but ONLY because I rarely am noticed. Think of it as negative reinforcement: if I am not noticed by women and therefore do not receive female attention then I think that I am unworthy of it simply because I do not receive it. And the longer it goes on the more ingrained the feeling is.
I am talking state of mind, not what you are. Look around next time you are out. Too many guys walking around with their heads down. Screw female attention. go have a good time. If you are having fun, actually having fun, then suddenly you will notice that girls want to be around you.

I know what you are talking about. I was married for 14 years to a woman that thought the best way to keep me in line was destroy my view of myself as being worthy of attention. To make sure I knew I was lucky she stuck around, because I didn't deserve that. She eventually bought the line herself and left, and she is pretty much alone when the kids are with me. I have a good time. I meet lots of people, and have met someone that I really enjoy spending time with, who likes the fact that I get attention from other women, so long as I am respectful to her. Which means I am not out picking up women.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:48 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,808,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
No, because a lot of the women do have an aura about them that can stop a guy in his tracks. For a lot of women in the club or the bar, snubbing men is a sport; a lot of women ENJOY crushing a man's self esteem since most got none themselves.

I will say, I agree with Doll Eyes to an extent. When I go to the bar (which I almost never do anymore), I only go with friends. I have no intention of getting laid. I don't hit on or come on to any women there at all; the last thing I want to do is make their egos bigger. I also don't buy strange women (or men) drinks - I work too hard for my money to give it up to people I don't know
Must say, that is the smart thing to do. Now if more men were to adopt this position...

Old 06-06-2012, 02:52 PM

11,392 posts, read 9,314,596 times
Quote:
No, because a lot of the women do have an aura about them that can stop a guy in his tracks. For a lot of women in the club or the bar, snubbing men is a sport; a lot of women ENJOY crushing a man's self esteem since most got none themselves.

I will say, I agree with Doll Eyes to an extent. When I go to the bar (which I almost never do anymore), I only go with friends. I have no intention of getting laid. I don't hit on or come on to any women there at all; the last thing I want to do is make their egos bigger. I also don't buy strange women (or men) drinks - I work too hard for my money to give it up to people I don't know
I've done my share of going out and talking with women. This is simply not true.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:53 PM

17 posts, read 14,843 times
Quote:

Absolutely there are women who do that, and why give them any satisfaction. I don't go out to pick up women. Conversations happen naturally, and getting laid is not on the agenda for me. Under no circumstances do you ever buy drinks for people you don't know. I want to know that the people who am talking to are there for because they want to know more about me. Like you said, go out with friends to have a good time. Be self confident and you will meet new people. Take the pressure off that you are going out to get phone numbers or some other thing related to the hook up culture.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:57 PM

65 posts, read 84,489 times
One thing I learned at a young age is not to depend on bars to meet women. It's just a meat market and not work all the crap that comes along with it. I go to a bar to drink a beer or watch a band. That is it. I have always used other venues to meet women and it's worked well for me.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:58 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,749,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
But come on bro, how many women are leaving panties on your car with numbers to call them?

If they can do it for a rock star why don't they want to do it for an average dude who might even treat them better at the end of the day then the rock star who is just going to kick them out and be with the next girl?

Those are the kind of women you want, the kind that leave their panties on someone's car with a phone number.

What happened to wanting the 'nice, pure humble girl?' Unless you're one of the so called "few" that doesn't want them. LOL.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:59 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The stupid DUI laws have all but destroyed any type of "adult" recreational activities in this country. Unless you have a neighborhood bar that you can walk to, you might as well forget about it.

I used to have a lot of fun in my younger years at clubs, but now days, it's not worth the risk of going to jail for. Yet another way that this country has managed to destroy the social interaction and communication in favor of sitting at home listening to the propaganda of the boob tube.

Makes me sick.

20yrsinBranson
Well, for one, Americans are known for not being able to handle their liquor. I hear women in other countries can out drink american men and still be able to function without acting crazy or throwing up all over the place.

Secondly, the infrastructure in America was designed around the automobile, so Americans are highly dependent on cars just to get from point A to point B versus places like Thailand or Korea where you can hire super cheap tuk tuks to get around or use the public transportation.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:01 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
LOL us Americans... its no wonder why Europe is in such a financial crisis

Financial crisis or not, at least Europeans have a rich culture to draw upon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships