Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 04:40 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times

Advertisements

I dont think timid guys really deserve to get anywhere. No one is here to hand things over to them, if they can't put in the effort to raise their voice and accomplish something for themselves , they deserve to sit the sidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 04:45 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I dont think timid guys really deserve to get anywhere. No one is here to hand things over to them, if they can't put in the effort to raise their voice and accomplish something for themselves or raise their voice, they deserve to sit the sidelines.
Right, there is so much competition out there. Either you are a player in the game or a spectator.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah but come on, you're not really giving up completely are you? Thats just something we say, but never actually do......
I used to go out of my way to try to attract women. Now I'm just backing off and seeing what happens. In most situations, I'm not an aggressive guy, but if you think you can push me around or toss me aside you're going to be in for a suprise.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:42 PM

114 posts, read 214,281 times
Quote:
I dont think timid guys really deserve to get anywhere. No one is here to hand things over to them, if they can't put in the effort to raise their voice and accomplish something for themselves , they deserve to sit the sidelines.

Some people can't help it. Not every timid guy is expecting people to hand them things. Some people, its just their personality. All they need is a little boost. They deserve happiness just as everyone else.

If you're a shy and or timid guy, its going to be hard for you. Its just how it is, I know from personal experience, I am shy and timid too. But it just means you'll have to be crafty. Learn to get the attention of women in other ways other than flirting or trying to act like a hot shot.

Do you like tricks and magic? learn to juggle. Do you like comedy? learn to tell jokes. do you like books, poetry, embroidery,art, music...anything... use your talents to get attention. If you're shy just let it show. One thing that I learned in life is that if you're shy, you can't really hide it, so just accept it. But being shy doesn't mean you can't be interesting, likable and or attractive to women.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:48 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGarfield View Post
They deserve happiness just as everyone else.

If you're a shy and or timid guy, its going to be hard for you. Its just how it is, I know from personal experience, I am shy and timid too. But it just means you'll have to be crafty. Learn to get the attention of women in other ways other than flirting or trying to act like a hot shot.

Do you like tricks and magic? learn to juggle. Do you like comedy? learn to tell jokes. do you like books, poetry, embroidery,art, music...anything... use your talents to get attention. If you're shy just let it show. One thing that I learned in life is that if you're shy, you can't really hide it, so just accept it. But being shy doesn't mean you can't be interesting, likable and or attractive to women.
I love this post! You're absolutely right, Garfield! I like your can-do spirit.

Notice that Garfield knows what interests women: poetry (corny, but it works!), art, music, textile arts, books. This shy guy will go far!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:56 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Si I'm curious, can a guy who is timid and shy around women get a date? I;m talking about a guy who it isnt easy for him to just go right up and start a conversation and all that but maybe gradualy starts a conversation or small talk over a period of time, provided they have the time to do that.

So basically, would you rather a guy, whom, you do not know, come right up and start flrting with you all forward and direct like? Wouldn't this be sort of a turn-off?

Or would you rather get to know a more shy guy who will actually take a bit of time to get to know you and who you are?

Even if the shy guy stands a chance, how does he beat all the more forward and direct guys to the punch, especialy when he feels unwilling and unwanting to compete with them?

I think a guy who is shy and introverted can still make friends with the opposite sex , but women like to see a good amount of confidence and assertiveness in men ; they like to see a man who is comfortable with himself and in a variety of situations . I wouldnt get into the game of competing with other men. I dont think that is necessary . But i would work a bit on overcoming shyness and the best way is to just do the opposite to it -- push yourself if you need to and in time it will feel like second nature. When you start talking to a gal you just met, just keep asking HER questions and followup questions and she will carry the conversation for you ; women like this because it shows that you have an interest. Good luck man, cause i used to be like that .

Old 08-08-2012, 11:19 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Quote:
What did any timid and shy guy ever do to you for you to harbor such a hatred towards them?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,673,781 times
yeah, really...

Old 08-09-2012, 09:43 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Do The Timid And Shy Guys Stand A Chance In This Vast Wasteland?
They do. Women approach timid and shy guys that they like. You have to give women a chance to get to know you, though. Through work, leisure group activities, and all that.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:47 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times
Eh... Around 30 or 31? yeah.

But during their young years and their 20's?

No chance. Young Attractive women aren't attracted to "shy" or "timid" guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships