Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 06:53 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
Well you've officially met the first girl who does.

I can't stand guys who think that just because they came and talked to you, that that somehow means they are entitled to your number. Those types have a tendency to make me feel uncomfortable when they're like, "so why don't I get your number and I'll call you so we can meet up this week..." way to put a girl on the spot man and make her feel like she HAS to give it to you. Number 1) you didn't even ask properly, you kinda boxed her in for it. HUGE TURN OFF. Number 2) why not make a girl feel more comfortable and instead of asking for her number, offer her yours... That way the pressure isn't so bad, and it doesn't feel like there's too many expectations.

I like shy guys. More often than not, they know how to treat a woman a lot better and w/ more respect than the guy who's more aggressive/pro-active.

That's just my experience though.
There is no entitlement. That is like saying that I saw a cheaper price elsewhere so you should match that price also on a product. They don't have to.

You can always give them 1 800 YOU WISH. I think those shy guys are only shy at the break of ice and then it is all smooth sailing from there. Lot of them have anxiety more then the shy part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
What I'd like to know is this: if a shy or timid man can't get girls, why are so many of them married? You guys are right--it is a numbers game and you only need one. I don't think a shy man will ever be a player though unless he manages to break out of that or gets a schtick. Many women prefer shy men as husbands b/c they're a lot less likely to cheat.
Thanks to online dating for the shy/anxiety issues/afraid of rejection ones. You can be a online player lol
Right, shy ones are less likely to cheat by logic.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If a guy is so timid and shy that he's paralyzed by anxiety at interaction, then no, he probably doesn't stand a chance. I don't like brashness in a man, and I do recognize that some still waters do run deep. Some of the most interesting men I've met haven't been the lives of the party. On the other hand, if that shy guy is so shy that he doesn't make eye contact, he can't hold a conversation, has awkward behaviors, etc. then that's not a great indicator of getting anything off the ground.
That is right.

I would suggest they take a public speaking class at college. It will change their lives. Mine did after that.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:58 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
That guy is a Super DJ lol
You know these type of guys. You're sitting there listening to some DJ run his game. Jesus, is this gal going to fall for this? Some do, I wonder how it works out on the long haul? I'm not shy at all to talk or meet people. I'm not any good at laying the smack down though. I can make them laugh. I can show them my inner and outter strength pretty easily. That won't make them go out with me though. You have to know what to say to set them off. Normal man to man chatter doesn't seem to work. Hell, I don't know anything about classical music, wine, flowers and what have you. Why should I lie about it? I'm not going to get what I am after. If they don't like me for me, p*ss on it!

Old 06-24-2012, 08:10 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I prefer shy guys over arrogant aholes. I'm seeing a shy guy right now and he is just too cute. He's come out of his shell with me and we're enjoying each other's company.
Is there a bigger turnoff?

And it's true that still waters can run very deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley James View Post
I love this quality in a guy. Someone who is comfortable taking their time and is at home with themselves and others is Rock Star Sexy to me

Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM

254 posts, read 341,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
There is no entitlement. That is like saying that I saw a cheaper price elsewhere so you should match that price also on a product. They don't have to.

You can always give them 1 800 YOU WISH. I think those shy guys are only shy at the break of ice and then it is all smooth sailing from there. Lot of them have anxiety more then the shy part.
What are talking about with that first part? There's not a sense of entitlement? You'd be surprised how many guys try to verbally box a girl into feeling like she has to give him her number. And when you nicely explain that you dont feel comfortable giving someone you barely know your number, you'd be surpirsed how many guys like to act nasty or play a guilt trip about it. So not cool.

This is one of the few reasons I like shy guys, most of them don't act that. You'd be surprised with how much easier it is.

Again, this is only from my experience.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 PM

227 posts, read 464,944 times
No, we be fooked. Woman want men who can pound nails with their d1cks, bend iron bars from their shear manliness, ejaculate dark chocolate on a whim and cough up $100 bills while knowing at all times what the woman is thinking and wanting, never guessing, always gives woman the benefit of the doubt, always admits that its the mans fault and never looks at other woman in public.

In other words, straight woman want a gay man that doesn't act gay.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:10 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMommy1087 View Post
What are talking about with that first part? There's not a sense of entitlement? You'd be surprised how many guys try to verbally box a girl into feeling like she has to give him her number. And when you nicely explain that you dont feel comfortable giving someone you barely know your number, you'd be surpirsed how many guys like to act nasty or play a guilt trip about it. So not cool.

This is one of the few reasons I like shy guys, most of them don't act that. You'd be surprised with how much easier it is.
Just wondering--when they get obnoxious like that, have you tried suggesting they give you their number? I'm just wondering how that type would react to a reasonable suggestion.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
No, we be fooked. Woman want men who can pound nails with their d1cks, bend iron bars from their shear manliness, ejaculate dark chocolate on a whim and cough up $100 bills while knowing at all times what the woman is thinking and wanting, never guessing, always gives woman the benefit of the doubt, always admits that its the mans fault and never looks at other woman in public.

I can probably do that. And I sometimes bend metal bars to make them fit or to make them easier to break.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:44 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post

Wow, Tron, when you posted your photo thread and asked for opinions, we gave you helpful feedback in good faith. We had no idea you were the angry, bitter type.

I like Froggie's sense of humor. You might try that. It works better with women than angry/bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships