Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 04:41 PM

152 posts, read 493,373 times

Advertisements

So there's this friend that I went on a few dates with almost a year ago but because we didn't want the same things(I didn't want to put out that soon, but he did), I decided that it is much better if we stayed friends instead and he said he agreed. We have the same circle of friends and we're all really close so we see each other fairly often. However, he still tries to get my attention (i.e. hug a little longer than necessary, opportunities to touch me, etc.) Also my friend said that he's still into me. I gained 20 lbs since the last time we went on a date. Why is he still into me? He's really good looking and works out a lot so I don't understand why he would be attracted to me when I'm 20 lbs heavier? I already know I am an insecure person, but still, it's hard for me to justify someone that good looking pursing someone like me at this weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 04:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
because physical attraction isn't the end all, be all in the relationship world.

Some of us has to have other qualities that don't necessarily include physical looks.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:01 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromEverywhere View Post
So there's this friend that I went on a few dates with almost a year ago but because we didn't want the same things(I didn't want to put out that soon, but he did), I decided that it is much better if we stayed friends instead and he said he agreed. We have the same circle of friends and we're all really close so we see each other fairly often. However, he still tries to get my attention (i.e. hug a little longer than necessary, opportunities to touch me, etc.) Also my friend said that he's still into me. I gained 20 lbs since the last time we went on a date. Why is he still into me? He's really good looking and works out a lot so I don't understand why he would be attracted to me when I'm 20 lbs heavier? I already know I am an insecure person, but still, it's hard for me to justify someone that good looking pursing someone like me at this weight.

Why do you think? Probably hoping you changed your mind about that lay, since that was the problem in the first place. He knows you have 'body issues' too, especially if he's your male friend. they can sniff those types of women out and will try and play them like a violin. Some of the women with 'body issues' don't fall for it though. Some do. 20lbs isn't even that much btw, in my opinion.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:04 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,079 times
Probably because he enjoys your company, likes your personality, and wants to get to know you on a deeper level. Because he's actually interested in getting to know *you* and doesn't fixate on your outer appearance. He might see you as the one who got away and wants to try again to prove himself.

Then again, he could be trying to hit it again.

Why don't you ask himself yourself (without the whole, "You're so handsome, why would you like a girl like me?" That's just awkward)?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
You're a game to him plain & simple.

Give him the goods, if you wish to get rid of his attention, because that IS what he is after!

Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
I can't believe a woman is asking this. He's still into you because he's the kind of guy we all want and respect--one who's into you for who you are, your personality, values, and inner qualities. Are you into him at all? If so, you two should get back together, give it another try.

Depending on your height, gaining 20 lbs could be a good thing. If you're short, not so good. But he doesn't seem to care. He could be worth giving another chance.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can't believe a woman is asking this. He's still into you because he's the kind of guy we all want and respect--one who's into you for who you are, your personality, values, and inner qualities. Are you into him at all? If so, you two should get back together, give it another try.

Depending on your height, gaining 20 lbs could be a good thing. If you're short, not so good. But he doesn't seem to care. He could be worth giving another chance.

ruth, after a few dates he expected to get in her pants, sounds like a real winner. better not let him go. :P

Old 06-28-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
You're a game to him plain & simple.

Give him the goods, if you wish to get rid of his attention, because that IS what he is after!
hm. This is also a possibility, like you represent a challenge to him. Only you can tell for sure, it depends on if his personality fits the profile. Sometimes it's hard to tell. Sometimes they can fake being sweet to get what they want.

Guys, how can you tell if a guy is just after adding another notch to the belt?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
ruth, after a few dates he expected to get in her pants, sounds like a real winner. better not let him go. :P
Yeah, I can see that, now. Another little bubble of optimism burst. Oh well. Life.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, I can see that, now. Another little bubble of optimism burst. Oh well. Life.

no no. you're not putting this on me. she said it in her OP, I was just repeating what she said!!! LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships