Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 01:21 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,457,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Tri..this happens on the way back from the atm..the way into a supermarket, at the library...at work..what does this mean? Other than some men have balls to act on impulse and others do not?
Means you are physically attractive. I wouldn't do it to a woman (when single) unless thats the case. Not rocket science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 01:24 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,952,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Means you are physically attractive. I won't do it to a woman unless thats the case. Not rocket science.
This is all taking place while looking like sh*t too. No suit, no casual "fluff and puff"... no nothing! Dirty, sweaty, might not have shaved for a few days etc.. Top that one studs!

Old 07-19-2012, 01:26 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,221,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Tri..this happens on the way back from the atm..the way into a supermarket, at the library...at work..what does this mean? Other than some men have balls to act on impulse and others do not?
I haven't observed this much in real life, but it's not surprising. My sister who is pretty attractive said she used to get like asked out by random guys, it was a real eye-opener.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:34 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,952,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I haven't observed this much in real life, but it's not surprising. My sister who is pretty attractive said she used to get like asked out by random guys, it was a real eye-opener.
Totally random is even more strange. At least I'm there for some time and they called us first. They've seen me around too. I've been there for many years. Walking up to someone that is the first time you ever saw them is sorta on the creepy side if you are a woman. How would you like your wife to get hit on everytime she leaves the house? Most wouldn't like it. Think about that before you turds go around hitting cold.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:54 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,260,237 times
Yes, that happends. Last time on traffic lights.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:03 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,221,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
Totally random is even more strange. At least I'm there for some time and they called us first. They've seen me around too. I've been there for many years. Walking up to someone that is the first time you ever saw them is sorta on the creepy side if you are a woman. How would you like your wife to get hit on everytime she leaves the house? Most wouldn't like it. Think about that before you turds go around hitting cold.
Yeah I know, what the...I wouldn't dare just approach a woman and ask her out, who would say yes?

Of course in a perfect world that might work haha.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:51 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,921,634 times
My glory days are over. I think after 30 years old, for most guys - women just don't come up to you and hit on you. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have not had a woman just give me that look and then initiate conversation in public, although situations involving alcohol and/or at a bar are different. I'm not even sure if I know at this point what being hit on actuallly means. I assume if a woman starts talking to me that it automatically does not mean she is hitting on me.

Anyway, I do have a secret weapon I unless occasionally. And it is at an off leash dog park near my house. A 9lb, fluffy and very cute dog. Barney the Maltese. When I'm with my wingman, women talk to me all of the time, but I'm not sure if they are hitting on me or just fascinated with my sidekick. It's a great way to meet women though, and I mean seriously, the little tyrant is really cute. Once a woman asks if she can hold him, it's a sign that I have a way in as far as talking to her and women seem really comfortable once they realize I have a Maltese. He's totally hugable too.

So, yeah, the white knight has been responsible for alot of initial introductions but I'm not sure if I'm being hit on if/when a woman talks to me because my dog is a total cuddle buddy and looks cute. I have noticed that guys with pit bulls, labs, boxers, etc that stand around at the dog park do not get nearly as much attention from women as I do with Barney. So maybe on some level, they feel comfortable talking to a guy with a dog like that. Or they just think that I'm gay and will not ask for their number. That dog is a total freak though. Moderator cut: TMI

Last edited by Keeper; 07-19-2012 at 08:00 AM..

Old 07-19-2012, 03:08 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,151,268 times
I've never been hit on by anyone, anywhere, ever. Maybe I look mean or something.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:24 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,296,052 times
Stared at by many (men and women) rarely hit on. If I am hit on, it's by 20 year olds. Flattering, but I'm 35.....

I have noticed that men in general just don't approach women anymore.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:42 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,219,734 times
I'm not a woman or famous so rarely if ever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships