Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,051,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I agree with some of this. I think some are confusing idle chat or friendliness with being hit on.

I agree with this. I define being "hit on" as actually being asked out, or for your number, or propositioned in some way. I don't consider being complimented or chatting with someone as being "hit on".

I once had a guy in my bar get obnoxious after I turned down his proposal of dinner (I truthfully told him I was in a relationship and left out the also-truthful part that I found him 100% unappealing in looks and personality). He proceeded to call me a **** tease and told me I should be "ashamed" of myself for "flirting" if I had a boyfriend. I was like, huh? Part of me felt bad, that he must be pretty lonely if he considered our interaction flirtatious in any way. But a bigger part of me was pissed that he was being a jerk and ruining things for other guests, so I 86'ed him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,100,342 times
A few times in my life.

I'm counting the times someone actually asked me out...not the flirty stuff.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:08 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,026,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
its not strange at all, its a given. taken men present a challenge and a prize, not to mention a stupid mindset that if he's good enough for someone else, there must be something about him. My biggest hurdle in dating isnt approaching women or seducing them, but the fact that im 36, have no kids and have never been married. A woman i dated recently practicaly drove me crazy trying to find out something wrong about me, because of this. It was like every 15 minutes, she would try to dig into my past and find out how its possible for me to have never been married or have kids. Single guys who have no luck with women - do yourself a favor and ensure that any woman you meet, knows that you have other women interested in you - because that will land you substantialy more success with the ladies.
At 36 with no kids and no marriage that makes you pretty desirable to a lot of women. She must have been young...

Old 07-19-2012, 09:09 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,150,245 times
Quote:
its not strange at all, its a given. taken men present a challenge and a prize, not to mention a stupid mindset that if he's good enough for someone else, there must be something about him. My biggest hurdle in dating isnt approaching women or seducing them, but the fact that im 36, have no kids and have never been married. A woman i dated recently practicaly drove me crazy trying to find out something wrong about me, because of this. It was like every 15 minutes, she would try to dig into my past and find out how its possible for me to have never been married or have kids. Single guys who have no luck with women - do yourself a favor and ensure that any woman you meet, knows that you have other women interested in you - because that will land you substantialy more success with the ladies.
What is with that stupid 'want what they can't have' crap. It makes me wonder whether these women even want you, or just want something other women want, like an ego trip. Not saying it doesn't happen with guys but seemingly not to the same extent. Wedding ring increases your chances? Shows what a bunch of losers these women are.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:10 AM

506 posts, read 1,958,179 times
A comment re: my looks, lewd remarks, people yelling things from cars, etc? Daily... but truly getting 'picked up'? Probably once or twice a month in public. In bars/clubs is another story, though I rarely go to without my husband and don't go anywhere without my ring, which helps.

Last edited by LaFemme86; 07-19-2012 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: read the question wrong

Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,616,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What is with that stupid 'want what they can't have' crap. It makes me wonder whether these women even want you, or just want something other women want, like an ego trip. Not saying it doesn't happen with guys but seemingly not to the same extent. Wedding ring increases your chances? Shows what a bunch of losers these women are.
Women arent losers, and while its almost impossible to understand them, you have to know how to treat a woman. Ask any married or engaged guy, and they will tell you that they have gotten a ton more interest since putting on a wedding band. A good strategy for hookups, is to go to a bar with bunch of girl friends, and make yourself the center of attention, by telling jokes or stories. Women will notice and flock to you like crazy, and more often than not you end up walking out with several phone numbers. However, even this strategy is unnecessary, you dont even need a stratedy to attract women, you just need to be a natural man.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:28 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,616,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
At 36 with no kids and no marriage that makes you pretty desirable to a lot of women. She must have been young...
No, she was 35, very intelligent and mature, which were both major turn ons. However, she was divorced and got screwed over really bad, since her hubby was cheating on her with her best friend. I dealt with it fine, but found it amusing that she needed to continue going back to this. I know many women question guyus in my position, which i dont really care for much.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:37 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,150,245 times
Quote:
Women arent losers, and while its almost impossible to understand them, you have to know how to treat a woman. Ask any married or engaged guy, and they will tell you that they have gotten a ton more interest since putting on a wedding band. A good strategy for hookups, is to go to a bar with bunch of girl friends, and make yourself the center of attention, by telling jokes or stories. Women will notice and flock to you like crazy, and more often than not you end up walking out with several phone numbers. However, even this strategy is unnecessary, you dont even need a stratedy to attract women, you just need to be a natural man.
How would you describe guys who flocked to married women to try them despite the fact they were married? Yet these women should be understood?

Old 07-19-2012, 09:39 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It's no different with men. My married girlfriends say they get hit on FAR more when they're wearing their wedding bands. My sister actually wears one fairly regularly because she gets more attention that way. A guy friend of mine basically only goes after women with wedding bands because they're 'easier' and they often feel guilty about the hookup and won't bother him afterwards.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:44 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,808,667 times
Never have been hit on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships