Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,015,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I have noticed that men in general just don't approach women anymore.
Thanks in large part to sexual harassment laws. I hope the feminazis are happy being alone and lonely now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 AM

884 posts, read 1,410,109 times
Make an innuendo, get slapped.
Make a suggestion, get slapped.
Make a move, get slapped.

I'd say 3 times according to the above.

5,472 posts, read 7,632,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
If you count bars and clubs, at least once a week...which tells you I spend a lot of times at bars and clubs.

I consider women pretending to not notice me but putting themselves in my vicinity as a form of hitting on me. If you're always in my space, what do want, lady? Hmm?

Outside of that, maybe a once or twice a year.
Yeah, im pretty sure a woman stnading close to you, doesnt apply to this scenario...lmao

12,101 posts, read 17,187,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There aren't many respondents yet, but it's interesting to note that for all the guys who say that all women get hit on all the time that just as many women have responded that they get hit on "rarely or never" as "daily or weekly."
He said in public though, not bars.

If you change it to bars or parties, the amount of women who have rarely or never been hit on will hit a really low number.

I actually just saw that, so I change my answer to never.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,291,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's no different with men. My married girlfriends say they get hit on FAR more when they're wearing their wedding bands. My sister actually wears one fairly regularly because she gets more attention that way. A guy friend of mine basically only goes after women with wedding bands because they're 'easier' and they often feel guilty about the hookup and won't bother him afterwards.
Ha...well there you go then...so much for the 'sanctity' of marriage. But oh no, the enemy is not from within, it's those **** who will destroy marriage.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,897,254 times
I think that having a friend of the opposite sex present is a major benefit in determining if a guy/gal is just being friendly or flirty. Obviously a guy being lewd is a guy being lewd, but I come onto girls much more subtley unless I'm hammered. In that case, it's a quick gaze into their eyes and smile followed by an immediate kiss.

I've been out with my sister as well as female friends and have been completely oblivious to another girl flirting until they mentioned it to me

Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,291,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
If you count bars and clubs, at least once a week...which tells you I spend a lot of times at bars and clubs.

I consider women pretending to not notice me but putting themselves in my vicinity as a form of hitting on me. If you're always in my space, what do want, lady? Hmm? Then, when I say something, coldness. Then when I ignore them, "Oh hey, I know you!"...stupid games they play. It's like reverse negging.

Outside of that, maybe a once or twice a year.
I would not consider that getting 'hit on.' Maybe my inexperienced mind conjures up images of foxy, middle aged women actively grabbing a man by the tie and whispering 'wanna have some fun, lover boy?' but I suppose this scenario doesn't happen so much in real life? Maybe I expect women to be more pro-active than they are, which is why I never get any attention. The movies make it seem like women hit on men as much as men hit on women, but I know that's not real life.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,059,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Men and women are VERY different and both attracted to very different traits. But we can agree to disagree on that. Both men and women enjoy sex obviously, so there are going to be some similarities there. If youre very attractive, of course men will not worry about you being married and will do their thing.
Well, I'm not going to argue with you here, but there are several core similarities.

I was never married, I just wore the ring to keep guys away. Who knew it was backfiring on me? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There aren't many respondents yet, but it's interesting to note that for all the guys who say that all women get hit on all the time that just as many women have responded that they get hit on "rarely or never" as "daily or weekly."
A lot of people have some pretty wild imaginations as well. I had a friend in college who thought every guy that looked at her wanted in her pants. She also thought one of my closest guy friends was in love with her, but he didn't care for her much at all. It's all perception and ego.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,517,125 times
It's happened to me before. But to be honest, I'm not sure if I could take being hit on every day.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,960,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
Make an innuendo, get slapped.
Make a suggestion, get slapped.
Make a move, get slapped.

I'd say 3 times according to the above.
Awww. Were you the slappee or the slapper? Inquiring minds wanna know?

Last edited by Pikake; 07-19-2012 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: stupid smart phone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships