Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 08:58 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,406,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Jet, that last story about the guy in the bar buying shots for your friends but not you sounds made up. He just picks you to ignore? It doesnt add up.
Yeah, I have to wonder if there's more to the story and your perspective is just skewed Jet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 09:00 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,617 times
Quote:
Jet, that last story about the guy in the bar buying shots for your friends but not you sounds made up. He just picks you to ignore? It doesnt add up.
I find her story believable. Men can be that insensitive.

I've had this experience with colorstruck black men who will be a gentlemen to every white asian or latina in the room but a darkskinned black woman. They will single you out and purposely ignore you. There's a grocery market in my area where i always catch this black male helping white women load groceries into their car. I have never seen him do this for any black women

Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Yeah, I have to wonder if there's more to the story and your perspective is just skewed Jet?
Well, we were all standing around chatting, he ordered shots, handed them out and didn't give me one. Maybe he thought I didn't want one, but they waited until I bought one to do the 'toast' so that's the way I took it. It's definitely possible that I misinterpreted it, but from my perspective (and talking to one of my girlfriends afterwards) he just didn't want to buy me one. Maybe he thought I was with someone and didnt want to overstep his boundaries, even though I came alone. No big, I pay my own way anyway

I actually found it kind of funny

I'm the Khloe Kardashian of my group of girlfriends, they're short cute and thin, while I'm none of those things and there have many times where men have gone out of their way to make sure I know they're not interested in me. It really doesn't bother me anymore, they're obviously not worth my time and energy.

Last edited by Rhenzanite; 08-13-2012 at 09:18 AM..

Old 08-13-2012, 09:31 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
What kind of free stuff?
Here's what I get:

random discounts or coupons to use for that purchase
extra appetizers
beverages
"tastes" of small plates of desserts or appetizers or whatever

as for the weirder experiences? Random people offer to share their food or drinks with me. Usually along the lines of I'll say something like, "hey that looks good, what did you get?" They'll respond with "so and so, do you want some." and then hand me their fork or cup. This happens to me all the time.

Is it flirting or just being friendly? I have no idea.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, we were all standing around chatting, he ordered shots, handed them out and didn't give me one. Maybe he thought I didn't want one, but they waited until I bought one to do the 'toast' so that's the way I took it. It's definitely possible that I misinterpreted it, but from my perspective (and talking to one of my girlfriends afterwards) he just didn't want to buy me one. Maybe he thought I was with someone and didnt want to overstep his boundaries, even though I came alone. No big, I pay my own way anyway

I'm the Khloe Kardashian of my group of girlfriends, they're short cute and thin, while I'm none of those things and there have many times where men have gone out of their way to make sure I know they're not interested in me. It really doesn't bother me anymore, they're obviously not worth my time and energy.
Can you elaborate on that? What did she say to you that gave the impression he didn't want to buy you one?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,727,244 times
Quote:

Maybe the guy miscounted. Khloe K isn't bad. She has a nice booty and her face is alright.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Maybe the guy miscounted. Khloe K isn't bad. She has a nice booty and her face is alright.
That's what I'm thinking, that it was an error on his part and not intentional.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Can you elaborate on that? What did she say to you that gave the impression he didn't want to buy you one?
She asked him and he said 'I'm just not into her' or some variation of that. So, he wasn't buying the girls drinks to be nice, he was hoping to get in one of their pants. If that was the case I'm glad he ignored me.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
If he couldn't count to 5, then we have much deeper problems than just ignoring me

Old 08-13-2012, 09:51 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,727,244 times
Quote:
She asked him and he said 'I'm just not into her' or some variation of that. So, he wasn't buying the girls drinks to be nice, he was hoping to get in one of their pants. If that was the case I'm glad he ignored me.
Really Jet! C'mon! This is starting to sound crazy. How is saying that actually going to win him points with the ladies whom pants he wanted to get into? It wouldnt. I know that some men can be dense but not that dense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships