Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 08:12 AM

23 posts, read 33,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Majority of the Single mom's were either African-American and/or Hispanic descent.

I don't think I ever found a South/East Asian girl who was a single mother.
But there are alot of southeast asian girls who are single moms

Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,231,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I dont want to quote myself again but it's the truth. Rarely if ever do men "magically" become losers or deadbeats as soon as he finds out the woman is pregnant. Let's be real chances are he ALWAYS was a loser. Women need to make better choices in whose fathering their children.

As a woman, you have the power, and with great power comes great responsibility. You decide whether sex happens or not. We can all try to play ourselves into believing different but it's reality. In this market, women are sellers and men are buyers
Losers bed other losers. Loser women sleeping with loser men are not representative of women at large. Get that straight.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:37 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,405,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
just because a girl got pregnant by a guy she was in a relationship with doesn't make the man she's with a loser. getting pregnant from sex is very natural and normal..people seem to have forgotten that
Your right, it doesn't make the man a loser. Here is what does make the man a loser: Why is the girl on a dating site when she had such an amazing man that got her pregnant? Shouldn't he step up to the plate and make her an honest woman? Where is he now? Lets say that they just decided to not get married and he is supporting her and the child. Do you know of anyone in that situation that is supporting an out of wedlock child and the mom that he got pregnant? If you do know one that is steping up to the plate how many more do you know that are not steping up to the plate. I bet that you would have maybe 5% of guys that would help out if they chose not to get married. With younger guys, and I am only assuming that 19 year old women that have 5 year old kids were with younger guys, I doubt that many of them can support the woman and her child in the first place. They can hardly support themselves.

That does lead us to another point. How many 19 to 25 year old girls with kids do you know that are able to support themselves? I seem to have read that many of them don't make it to college and chances are don't have the kind of job to support themselves at that age. Then again some people seem to think that the men that got them pregnant are decent blokes that will step up to the plate and take care of their new families.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,214,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Losers bed other losers. Loser women sleeping with loser men are not representative of women at large. Get that straight.
That's a outright lie. Lol at believing there aren't good or upstanding people with losers.

People really need to stop livin in a bubble

Old 07-26-2012, 08:55 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,459,278 times
I do have to wonder how much the popularity of shows like "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom" are contributing to teen pregnancies? I say that because the OP mentioned specifically the 19-(I'm guessing he really meant) 23 age range.

Most of the women I know who are single mothers at my age (mid- to late-30's) are widowed. At least one of the dating sites doesn't give that as an option for relationship status, and a lot don't put it anyway as it tends to be a deal breaker. It's not socially acceptable to be widowed young as our peers don't want to think about their own mortality if they don't have to.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,214,065 times
And being a single mom is "cool" now. A lot of young girls see it as a right of passage and independence

Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 AM

442 posts, read 616,545 times
Quote:
And being a single mom is "cool" now. A lot of young girls see it as a right of passage and independence
I think for a small portion of society it might be seen as cool.

Having a baby at a young age really means you lose your independence. When your friends are carefree and can do what they like, a young mom has to factor in the baby in to every single plan.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:29 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,231,735 times
Quote:
That's a outright lie. Lol at believing there aren't good or upstanding people with losers.

People really need to stop livin in a bubble
People couple with their own. That's not to say there are not exceptions, but by and large screwed up people take up with other screwy people. I suppose an unwillingness to own personal choices goes in tandem with the screwy nature of such folk.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,472,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
People couple with their own. That's not to say there are not exceptions, but by and large screwed up people take up with other screwy people. I suppose an unwillingness to own personal choices goes in tandem with the screwy nature of such folk.
I don't know if I agree or disagree with this statement. Myself for instance, I'm much happier now in my mid 30s with relationships, than I was as a teen or 20s. I seemed to always pick a "crazy chick." In the past 7 years, I've been as happy as can be, though.

1. With age I matured and got better at picking people for other values than besides how sexy they are.
2. With age I matured and became less of a loser myself.
3. Viewing relationships through my youth, I am completely unable to look at the other party objectively.

I suppose all three, for me, are valid.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,642,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northfleet View Post
But there are alot of southeast asian girls who are single moms

"a lot" ????

Check your facts next time. Here are the stats on percentage of children in single parent families
by race =

Non-Hispanic White - 24%
Black or African American - 66%
American Indian - 52%
Asian and Pacific Islander - 16%
Hispanic or Latino - 41%
Total - 34%

Yeah, 16% sure is a lot...LOL.

Please do some research next time.

Source =
Children in single-parent families by race - Data Across States - KIDS COUNT Data Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships