Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 05:29 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,281,953 times

Advertisements

Yeah I've just met a guy who seems really nice so far and he was one of the first who contacted me.

I would definitely take the bisexual bit out, it's got an immediate "creep" factor that women will reject.

It sounds as though you're 80% straight, and gays hit on straight men on these things anyway.

So you're not being dishonest, at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 05:31 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,925,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
That's a tough one. As a straight woman, I would not want to date a bisexual man....at all. I wouldn't want to hit it off on that first date and see the man a few more times to find that out....

I wonder if there are any dating sites specifically for people who are bisexual?
No idea about the bisexual sites, but he has to at least gain some interest first. As I said before, everything has a time and a place and a guy putting that he's bisexual in his profile is not the right time or place.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:32 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,181,617 times
Women are probably confused on what you're looking for, but most importantly, as others have said, most will avoid a bisexual man.

If you want to WEED out the ones who immediately have a problem with that and you want to be totally honest, then keep it the way you have it. But, just remember why you are not getting many responses back.

Being bisexual, are you able to be monogamous? Women will want to know this. If you are having a relationship with a woman can you keep all your urges to yourself? Or would you want an open relationship? Just be honest.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:39 PM

1,329 posts, read 834,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
sorry but some of the things you posted are probably keeping the women from responding if you put that in your profile. and also it is a waste of time if you're not even that attractive in the first place. mostly all the people do is scroll through the pictures and respond to the best looking ones.
Hey long time no see, Doll Eyes. Actually I'm reasonably physically attractive. That is not the issue.

Being bisexual has nothing to do with wheather or not I can be monogamous. I'm naturally polyamorous but I wouldn't be against a monogamous relationship necessarily. I'm not going to put up with a crappy relationship just have one partner, though. I do NOT need both a man and a woman to feel satisfied necessarily, that's a crude stereotype of bisexuals. However, if I were with a woman I'd love her to be sexually open-minded.

I may list myself as straight, judging by the responses. Several times I've closeted myself just so I could avoid having it be an issue with women. I don't regard it as immoral especially as my attractions are mostly to women and most people don't understand bisexuality.

I'm also a crossdresser and genderfluid. But I do not list this in my profile as I feel most people wouldn't understand it. I'm just shocked so many people are bigoted against bisexuality.

Last edited by DT113876; 07-30-2012 at 05:50 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 05:45 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,181,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Hey long time no see, Doll Eyes. Actually I'm reasonably physically attractive. That is not the issue.

Being bisexual has nothing to do with wheather or not I can be monogamous. I'm naturally polyamorous but I wouldn't be against a monogamous relationship necessarily. I'm not going to put up with a crappy relationship just have one partner, though. I do NOT need both a man and a woman to feel satisfied necessarily, that's a crude stereotype of bisexuals. However, if I were with a woman I'd love her to be sexually open-minded.

I may list myself as straight, judging by the responses. Several times I've closeted myself just so I could avoid having it be an issue with women. I don't regard it as immoral especially as my attractions are mostly to women and most people don't understand bisexuality.
Well, urges are urges. Don't worry, my guy is bisexual and it has been a topic of discussion several times. I am bisexual as well, however we have not invited anyone yet. Maybe down the road, but I'd prefer not to really.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:53 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,639,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
If he puts that he's bisexual, 95% of the women on that site will disqualify him immediately. He at least needs to go on a date first before telling them something like that. If they hit it off during the first date, then maybe he can tell them then and they won't run for the hills and will give him a chance. It's much easier for someone to accept certain things about you if they already like you as a person.

Everything has an appropriate time and a place.
If he's not going to disclose it in his profile, then yes, it would be good to at least tell them on the first date. I was just thinking about a site like OkCupid where members are specifically required to list their orientation, so if he lists "straight," that would be dishonest. I know all of the dating sites don't ask for sexual orientation though. Either way, if a woman doesn't want to date a bisexual man, it won't matter at what point he tells her, he'll still be rejected. He might get more responses/dates by not telling them upfront, but it'll be over once he eventually tells them the truth if they feel really strongly about it. So should he just never tell them?

Quote:
I'm also a crossdresser and genderfluid. But I do not list this in my profile as I feel most people wouldn't understand it. I'm just shocked so many people are bigoted against bisexuality.
It has nothing to do with being "bigoted." I don't understand why you would be shocked that a straight woman would want a straight man.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Well, urges are urges. Don't worry, my guy is bisexual and it has been a topic of discussion several times. I am bisexual as well, however we have not invited anyone yet. Maybe down the road, but I'd prefer not to really.
Its the same thing as a guy liking both blonds and brunettes. Does it mean he's more likely to cheat on the brunette fro the blond woman? Guys cheat, bottom line. I guess people are more dumb and bigoted than I imagined though if they blame this on bisexuality.

Women that won't date a bisexual man because he is bisexual are just insecure, frankly. And homophobic. . There is no excuse for it.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:57 PM

11,390 posts, read 9,310,884 times
Quote:
I've had a hard time actually getting any responses from people on dating sites. I'm a 36 year old bisexual male. I'm disabled but I figure that wouldn't be the end of the world (I don't drive and I have mild asperger's but I'm otherwise pretty good). Women mostly don't bother responding to my messages that try to engage them, even when we are good matches. I've only gotten responses from gay men, mostly ones that were not good matches for me. What is going on? I thought of starting a seperate profile on a different site that listed me as straight (since I mostly am attracted to women), but I'm not sure this is the only issue.
I'm a straight male with no issues and women for the most part didn't respond to me either. I know what you mean about having things in common and they don't right back, even though a sincere and honest message was sent. That and other things frustrated the heck out of me so after being on there for 5 months I deleted my account about 4 months ago. This was OkCupid. Maybe I just suck at online dating but regardless I won't be going back. I think 3-4 women contacted me first and I thought I had a great profile listed.

This is for you (if it applies) and any male that is reading - if you are sending one or two line messages don't bother. I read hundreds of profiles and I read more than a few times as well as in my conversations that when they receive such a message they will not respond.

I had about 5-7 meaningful but somewhat brief conversations but only one so-so date. It was a waste of time.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,639,901 times
Quote:
Women that won't date a bisexual man because he is bisexual are just insecure, frankly. And homophobic. . There is no excuse for it.
Ok, well if that's how you feel, it sounds like you wouldn't want that type of woman anyway, right? Therefore, it would be better to just be upfront about who you are and only deal with the women who will accept you.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 PM

My profile on OKCupid is DT1138, if anybody wants to look into it. I don't think the profile is all that bad, and I'm not ugly or anything like that. I met one gay guy i friended in RL through the site, so its all not bad, but he's not exactly boyfriend material and we don't really have alot in common (he's way too sarcastic and adult, I'm more into nerdy leisurely).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships