Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:12 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,460,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You would have to meet someone like me, get to know me and your perception would surely change. Consider yourself enlightened. lol... i dont know why i said you were a shackled woman, i thought perhaps i was responding to someone else. my bet...
You were responding to Dewdrop as the shackled woman; I haven't tried to figure out multi quotes yet. I was responding as someone who is not shackled and therefore by your line of thinking should be lusting over "players" yet am not.

I'll report back should I have a real life enlightening experience but I don't recommend holding your breath. Unless, of course, blue is your color.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,227,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
You were responding to Dewdrop as the shackled woman; I haven't tried to figure out multi quotes yet. I was responding as someone who is not shackled and therefore by your line of thinking should be lusting over "players" yet am not.

I'll report back should I have a real life enlightening experience but I don't recommend holding your breath. Unless, of course, blue is your color.
For the record - I'm not "shackled" either! I'm in a happy marriage. I just decided to let it slide.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,191,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You would have to meet someone like me, get to know me and your perception would surely change. Consider yourself enlightened. lol... i dont know why i said you were a shackled woman, i thought perhaps i was responding to someone else. my bet...
I like this guy.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,581,998 times
For Ruth, Spinx, Dewdrop, and NW:

Have you ever dated a guy who turned out to be a douche/ as shole/jerk?

Old 09-11-2012, 09:44 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,683,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They're everywhere. They're so ordinary, you don't notice them. As someone else posted, it's not always about being relatively inexperienced, depending on how you define "experience" in this context. If a guy has had two or three LTR's, that adds up to a lot of experience over years.

It really speaks to the kind of crowd some of you guys hang out with, if you're so convinced that "women" (broad, sweeping statement inclusive of all women) go for promiscuous men. You have a really skewed view of reality. Which you're certainly free to enjoy. A problem arises, though, when you try to convince others that your view represents the norm.
I have heard of the saying that the more you get, the more you get; and the less you get, the less you get. It seems to be a self-fulfilling prophecy when I don't have enough money.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,227,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
For Ruth, Spinx, Dewdrop, and NW:

Have you ever dated a guy who turned out to be a douche/ as shole/jerk?
Nope!

I had my own "player" type days in college - and a couple of the guys I hooked up with (not slept with, just hooked up) might have been d-bags or jerks - but I was using them as much as they were using me. However - those days were short lived. I don't regret them - but I can't see doing that for more than a couple years. The guys I chose to hook up with for an evening were not the same guys that I would choose to have an actual relationship with. Perhaps they thought of me in the same light - who knows! Doesn't much matter to me now.

All the guys that I actually dated or had relationships with were really great guys. I guess I just have good taste!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships