Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 11:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,486,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivation12 View Post
Just wondering.....

Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex? Men what do you think? Would you wait for that woman or would you move to the next one willing to give it up the first night?

Again just wondering....
Why not?

[what's 90 days...nada!]

Old 08-11-2012, 11:25 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,781,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivation12 View Post
Just wondering.....

Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex? Men what do you think? Would you wait for that woman or would you move to the next one willing to give it up the first night?

Again just wondering....
If we're talking relationship material then I am very leery of women that would give it up to quick. I would think that if they are willing to give it up to me, how many other guys have been here before me. I am certainly willing to put in the time for quality.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:49 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,981 times
I'm quite wary and will not go there until I have a sense of who she is and what she's about. No specific timing for this, whenever it feels right.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:16 AM

115 posts, read 256,621 times
crabman good post!

You know, we women ( and some men too) are not talking about "with-holding sex" ... we're talking about the right to CHOOSE whether or not to be intimate with a new partner, and WHEN!! WHY should someone be pressured into it?
If you can't wait til the other person is comfortable, then get lost! And good riddance! I know most women (and some men) will agree with me. We don't like feeling 'used' for our bodies. We are people, we have MANY good qualities, and we have feelings!

And to those who say "I don't want to waste 3 months or 6 months or whatever... only to find out we're not sexually compatible..." you think a friendship is a WASTE?? So you just drop a friendship if you don't get sex out of it?? Wow... nice...

I think it would really help if more women would pay their own way. AND men should stop thinking that sex is the most important thing in a relationship. cus it's not!
And what if you had ED? How would you like it if your woman left you because of that??

Old 08-12-2012, 08:02 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,477,498 times
I agree there is no specific timing that should be imposed - when the time is right, it will happen. I'm adamantly opposed to an artificial timeframe and would be philosophically incompatible with someone who imposed such constraints. Being put on probation is like being convicted of a crime I didn't commit. That said, I've never been in a hurry to get sexual -though usually the women I've dated wanted to move it there far more quickly than I have felt was needed.

And while flatlander makes a good point that IF a friendship develops, that's not a waste - and I have indeed made many friends amongst the women I dated who were NOT compatible in some way - it often does not work out to a friendship as someone is usually hurt by the rejection. I prefer to find out about ALL areas of compatibility - or incompatibility - much sooner than 90 days, so I can move on and look for someone who IS compatible. Most of the time, I could decide within a few dates - without sex - if someone may be suitable to continue dating, so it's rarely been a problem that even came up for discussion.

Anyway, there are those people who have no problem waiting, and they should ideally date those who have the same perspective on this. Those who feel that sex should happen when it feels right even if that turns out to be much, much sooner, should probably not date those with artificial time parameters.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:11 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,609,636 times
Of course no specific time frame should be imposed. We are all unique individuals and every relationship is unique, to adhere to one time frame wouldnt make any sense. The one thing that is a head scratcher for me, is why women feel like they are being used when it comes to sex. It takes two to tango and both men and women enjoy sex, why should anyone pretend thats not the case is beyond me. Ive been single for a long while but have been dating quite a bit in recent months. Every woman i've dated, was expecting sex almost right away, and if they didnt get it on first or second date, or first time at my place, they were visibly dissapointed. Whats a man to do, when the last thing you want is your date going home displeased that you didnt take it all the way? Seriously, I dont know where most posters are from, but where im at its pretty much a given that as soon as you meet someone, youre hitting it or else they move on.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:26 AM

227 posts, read 420,828 times
Its so funny reading this thread again because yesterday I went on a "date" with someone who was clearly thinking something more was going to happen. Honestly, this question depends on the personality of the parties involved. Some people value getting to know someone for a while before making that next step. Others may think sex is part of the equation. The guy I went out with yesterday was obviously thinking the latter. I will let him know tomorrow that there will be no second date..

Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, most all women are callaused and jaded by the time they hit 30? From what you and JJ have described I can see it, but I see enough men here complaining that I think it may be more related to people who post to forums.

How about trying women for a relationship, it might be a breath of fresh air?

Where did I say that? I didn't. I said most women start out with ideas about being a certain type of woman how and that will 'automatically' result in partnerships or interest from the opposite sex. I didn't say anything about what reactions they will have when that doesn't happen....I don't have any interest in having a relationship with women. I don't have any 'desire' to seek out relationships with either sex and if I did it would result in failure because as far as I've experienced, very very few people are interested in someone with any kind of 'rules' regarding sex. Some man online the other day, told me, 'evolution should've weeded someone like me out by now.' Seems it's commonplace to force everyone into the same box where sex is concerned or they're basically useless to the masses.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:36 AM

11,802 posts, read 12,045,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I always referred to dating without sex as the friend zone.
If you are not having sex, you are not dating. Certainly not worth being monogamous.
Curious, does this actually work well for you in relationships? Or are you not looking for relationships?

If I'm not dating a guy, I'm not going to have sex with him at all. There needs some sort of dating relationship established before I'm going to sleep with him.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 AM

601 posts, read 759,233 times
I wouldnt waste my time on a girl like this. its like you're plotting this plan instead of just flowing through it. Too many fish in the sea to deal with complicated, introverted women. Men like confident and balanced women. Youre not it..yet atleast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships