Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:23 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
oh it's that simple. who knew
It's not that simple but those are the key elements. The people who meet those tend to succeed in the long run (albeit going through some frustrating/unpleasant/comical learning experiences along the way), and those who don't, don't. The above applying to my own acquaintances of course, not from any scientific data or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 09:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
It's not that simple but those are the key elements. The people who meet those tend to succeed in the long run (albeit going through some frustrating/unpleasant/comical learning experiences along the way), and those who don't, don't. The above applying to my own acquaintances of course, not from any scientific data or whatever.

well whatever. just because some AS/autistic people got married over there doesn't mean the rest of us have any hope. reality is, most of us don't. i don't care what elements you try and put into it the mixture, result still the same. this world is really not 'made' for autistic or other disabled types. the ones that so called make it, don't mean diddly squat to the whole. that's just how it is.

edit: well I'm not a man. I'm not early to mid 20s. I'm 32.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 08-08-2012 at 09:40 PM..

Old 08-09-2012, 02:59 AM

68 posts, read 128,414 times
Are there any other dating sites for people like me?

Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgarfield View Post
I'm a quarter century old. My biggest problem is my social awkwardness; which has been a MAJOR impediment in my life, and why I have not had a GF.

It should be known that I am an Aspie, and before you rail on the fact that I am using it as an excuse; it is a serious problem for some of us.

Onward....
I ask a girl on a date, no matter where she lives, and she sees me like I am either Charlie Sheen, Casey Anthony, Jerry Sandusky, or all three. Also not helping things is the impression that girls aren't friend-zoning me, they are putting bounties on my head. (Not trying to be funny, it's my personal convictions speaking.)

Simply put, I am not having much luck with girls because of the social awkwardness and the aforementioned being-compared-to-maniacs. I feel sad, and that coupled with being a virgin still doesn't help matters.

I have said it before to guys that if you can't be successful with women in your own country, then it's time to jump on a plane and have a try with women from other countries. If you only knew what's available overseas you wouldn't even be posting this.

You have to understand that women in Western countries have all the advantages when it comes to dating, so this means that even low quality Western women can have their pick at top quality Western men and there is nothing you can do about it.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Hire a hooker

That will not satisfy every man. Most men want meaningful relationships with women.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
go see a therapist.....
That's just beating around the bush. He needs sex and female attention....like yesterday!

Old 08-10-2012, 07:05 PM

My goals in life:
1) Be, in more ways than one, stable with my life.
2) Find a woman who appreciates me for what I'm worth.
3) Move to L.A. or RI......

....and still, I have no straight answers to my troubles mentioned on the first post.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:52 AM

37 posts, read 84,575 times
Quote:
My daughter would say, "Mommy can you believe this woman would come in here with her little kids and have her boobs and butt hanging out all over the place? Her dress was even ugly and so is that necklace. What's it made out of? Toothpicks or something?"

Oh it can get worse than any of that. If someone upsets her, she will have no problem just going off. A therapist is a good thing.
Are you sure it's your daughter that has the social problems? Sounds like other people are acting inappropriate.

My family thinks there's something wrong with me socially, but that's only because I call them out when they act like ****ing pigs consistently for more than 20 minutes. Constantly interrupt people, or babble nonsensically, or negate what you say repeatedly for no reason.
But fact is I've known lots of people, sometimes quite well, never had anybody act like those 3 jagaloons.
THERE'S NO OBLIGATION TO BE NICE TO SOMEONE WHO'S BEING RUDE TO YOU REPEATEDLY

Old 08-16-2012, 02:23 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgarfield View Post
I'm a quarter century old. My biggest problem is my social awkwardness; which has been a MAJOR impediment in my life, and why I have not had a GF.

It should be known that I am an Aspie, and before you rail on the fact that I am using it as an excuse; it is a serious problem for some of us.

Onward....
I ask a girl on a date, no matter where she lives, and she sees me like I am either Charlie Sheen, Casey Anthony, Jerry Sandusky, or all three. Also not helping things is the impression that girls aren't friend-zoning me, they are putting bounties on my head. (Not trying to be funny, it's my personal convictions speaking.)

Simply put, I am not having much luck with girls because of the social awkwardness and the aforementioned being-compared-to-maniacs. I feel sad, and that coupled with being a virgin still doesn't help matters.
I have Asperger Syndrome as well, still single too, as in never been in a relationship, and i often wonder, get worried, that there are different levels of Asperger Syndrome, some more severe and some less mild, i don't know what my case is but i worry that maybe there is the possibility that my case of Asperger Syndrome is too extreme for me to overcome, that it will literally be impossible for me to overcome which will make it literally impossible for me to establish a relationship with a woman, impossible to attract, etc.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 AM

To clairfy this earlier statement: It's hard to say whether this is really happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships