Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 12:01 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,114 times

Advertisements

If you are good at a sport or have interests like science fiction or reading, try getting together with a local group (meetups.com) in your area. When you are talking about a subject you know about, chances are you will go with the flow & overcome your awkwardness. Its a good boost for the confidence. You can also try volunteering. When you meet someone through participating in some activity, you have something common to talk about & it could be easier to ask them out later because you have already been introduced to the person. It would also help the other person relax their own boundaries when someone they already know asks them out. Dont try too hard. Just focus on being interesting & highlight your skills, talents that others might find interesting. Accept rejection as a part of life. Dont dwell on the reasons for too long & keep connecting with people. See it as a practice towards improving your socializing skills. Some people come into our lives to teach us harsh lessons, so see these rejections as a blessing in disguise. Learn form them & move on. And no matter what you are suffering from, a majority of people face similar challenges when it comes to dating & relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 12:22 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgarfield View Post
I ask a girl on a date, no matter where she lives, and she sees me like I am either Charlie Sheen, Casey Anthony, Jerry Sandusky, or all three. Also not helping things is the impression that girls aren't friend-zoning me, they are putting bounties on my head. (Not trying to be funny, it's my personal convictions speaking.)

To clairfy this earlier statement: It's hard to say whether this is really happening.
I have friends that have aspbergers, one of which I've been friends with for years. This guy REALLY wanted to date women. He was very passionate about overcoming this issue. He went out often and interacted with people constantly. When I first met him, he was very abrasive and used to offend many women. Now, he's much more relaxed and does get girls. It's definitely something that you could overcome man. Don't let anyone on here tell you otherwise.

But it will take hard work. If you want it bad enough, you could definitely do it.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:54 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I have friends that have aspbergers, one of which I've been friends with for years. This guy REALLY wanted to date women. He was very passionate about overcoming this issue. He went out often and interacted with people constantly. When I first met him, he was very abrasive and used to offend many women. Now, he's much more relaxed and does get girls. It's definitely something that you could overcome man. Don't let anyone on here tell you otherwise.

But it will take hard work. If you want it bad enough, you could definitely do it.
anything worth having doesn't come easy, and that applies to guys more than girls

Old 09-22-2012, 07:05 AM

92 posts, read 108,636 times
Quote:
I'm a quarter century old.
In other words: Still young

Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quarter of a century, lol, that's how i describe myself when I wanna sound old!

Old 09-23-2012, 04:12 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
I'm a quarter century old. My biggest problem is my social awkwardness; which has been a MAJOR impediment in my life, and why I have not had a GF.

It should be known that I am an Aspie, and before you rail on the fact that I am using it as an excuse; it is a serious problem for some of us.

Onward....
I ask a girl on a date, no matter where she lives, and she sees me like I am either Charlie Sheen, Casey Anthony, Jerry Sandusky, or all three. Also not helping things is the impression that girls aren't friend-zoning me, they are putting bounties on my head. (Not trying to be funny, it's my personal convictions speaking.)

Simply put, I am not having much luck with girls because of the social awkwardness and the aforementioned being-compared-to-maniacs. I feel sad, and that coupled with being a virgin still doesn't help matters.
I know what you're feeling. I'm 26, struggle with social awkwardness, and I've never had a girlfriend. The best I can offer you is to keep trying.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know what you're feeling. I'm 26, struggle with social awkwardness, and I've never had a girlfriend. The best I can offer you is to keep trying.
i bet if i was born a girl i would have had a boyfriend a long time ago, eventhough i'm straight, i just feel women have it easier initially

Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 PM

68 posts, read 128,389 times
My only wish is to find someone like me from the L.A. area...... it's that or nowhere else.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:22 PM

and women don't need any skills in order to attract men, it just happens for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships