Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,245,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Those are just entertainment...hanging out sort of things. I mean hobbies, or serious pursuit of some activity that you have a talent or skill for. Do you play tennis? Pool? (Skeeball and Put-Put sound childish - leave those out!!)
So Adults don't play skee-ball? or play miniature golf?

I don't want to sound CLICHE and say I love playing pool and going bowling

Old 09-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
It's difficult to explain. I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan. Born into watching them actually, they went to the SB the same year I was born, and my dad was a fanatic of the team. So-for me, Ive watched that team since I was able think and understand. I did my research, understood the team's roots, who started them, there first ever draft selection, learned about the best they've had, all of there winning years. All of there losing years.

It's an emotional attachment. I'm a little more happy the following Monday when they win, I'm a little less happy when they lose, but I don't lose any sleep over it one way or the other and I don't justify anything other than victory sex lol.
Here is the real test

Are you in the mood for sex if your team loses?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:19 PM

620 posts, read 1,305,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I guess that's a fair point. It's something I can't relate to, I guess. Like, for example, I don't understand why some people like a team that is halfway across the country from them in a city they've never been to. And college football makes no sense to me. If you didn't go to that college, why do you care about their football team?
Re: College Football

Maybe you didn't go, but maybe your dad or mom did. Plus, as a local tax paying citizen, you contribute to the infrastructure that supports that team. Furthermore, if you are rooting for a state school, there is a certain element of pride at being able to cheer for your state.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:20 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,776,509 times
Quote:
I guess that's a fair point. It's something I can't relate to, I guess. Like, for example, I don't understand why some people like a team that is halfway across the country from them in a city they've never been to. And college football makes no sense to me. If you didn't go to that college, why do you care about their football team?

ha

I live in NJ all my life.

Never been to Texas.

Didn't graduate from PSU.

I'm a Cowboys and Penn State fan.

It happens.

That's like saying everyone who lives in a certain place is obligated to like those teams and that makes no sense either. Seeing as nobody picks where they're born.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Those people are called "frontrunners"

Old 09-06-2012, 09:21 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,118,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

But you don't mind sounding cliche and saying that you like music events?

Sorry, I don't mean to make fun of you. You have to remember that you are in essence marketing yourself. You want people, specifically women, to buy your "product." So you have to brand yourself in the most attractive way possible.

Just in the same way that this girl said she liked football, which piqued your interest and let you down because it was untrue or at least not true to the degree you'd hoped, you have to be a little bit more detailed about the things you like.

Otherwise you just blend in with the rest of the dudes...

Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,718,630 times
Congratulations, people have been lying about themselves for the past few centuries maybe longer?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,076,655 times
Quote:
Here is the real test

Are you in the mood for sex if your team loses?
Let me put it this way, sex win or lose always puts a smile on my face and I Forget who won and lost since I just won.

Until the news. Then I'm reminded.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 PM

37,834 posts, read 46,419,524 times
Quote:
Of course they do...hell everyone does. But is' just mindless timekillers....no one has those as a HOBBY for God's sake.

Quote:
You don't say it like that. Just list billiards and bowling as things that you enjoy. Are you on a team? That would be somewhat interesting at least.
Have you had a really high bowling score that you could brag about a little? You need to pique some interest....show some specific things about yourself that will make someone curious to know more.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,776,509 times
Quote:
If they lose on a sunday I may not go to sleep until like 3am because I;m so upset. It's hard to fall asleep when you are angry

Alright I can understand that a bit. To me there's fans and then there's ridiculous fanatics. I mean when you have to appear in 'night court' to handle punching someone's lights out during a game -- you need to stop watching sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships