Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:04 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Try out my method though. Think of 5 topics that you would like to discuss. It should be things that are on her profile. That way if she changes the subject then you simply bring up the next topic. It helps so people won't be thrown off if she says something that you didn't expect, like football.

Well I had her profile in front of me on my computer screen but didn't feel the need to jump to another topic because i was only going to talk for 20 mins. But if it was a hour conversation I would have moved on with no problem

Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I don't even know what that means
Okay. That was hilarious.

OP?

Maybe she wanted to get to know you a little. Rambling along about football stats isn't really gonna tell a person anything except that the person on the other end knows some football stats.

Doesn't mean she was trying to be deceitful or anything.

You seem to look for problems where there may well be none, then use these manufactured problems to rule out women.

You're your own worst enemy, in that case.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:07 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You know correcting someone's grammar is against the rules right?

It is merely a 'suggestion' of how well the sentence can flow not 'technically' a correction.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,247 times
Quote:
Well I had her profile in front of me on my computer screen but didn't feel the need to jump to another topic because i was only going to talk for 20 mins. But if it was a hour conversation I would have moved on with no problem
Are you going to call her again?

Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Why not try the "so, tell me a little about yourself" approach. Then, she's likely to either pick a topic or ask what you wanna know.

You bring up football, she wants to talk about something else? You laugh it off and tell her it's her turn to choose. Hell, maybe she was just nervous and afraid you'd find her football knowledge lacking compared to your own.

Doesn't mean she doesn't like football. I like football. I run a fantasy team every year with some friends at work.

I suck at in-depth football chatter, but get a kick out of watching games.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Are you going to call her again?

Not sure because I will be talking to someone else new tomorrow so I have to see how that goes.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Not sure because I will be talking to someone else new tomorrow so I have to see how that goes.
Try not to be so rigid. They're phone conversations.

Free advice from someone who has never had trouble getting to know people. Ever.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
The Alabama / Michigan game is on this Saturday, see if she's interested in that. Like others have said, maybe she's uncomfortable talking about football but she enjoys watching it.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Try not to be so rigid. They're phone conversations.

Free advice from someone who has never had trouble getting to know people. Ever.

Im basically saying that tomorrow's conversation may be so good that i will forget about the one i had tonight. Or maybe not be good at all. But she just graduated college so she is a lot younger than the girl i talked to tonight

Old 08-27-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Im basically saying that tomorrow's conversation may be so good that i will forget about the one i had tonight. Or maybe not be good at all. But she just graduated college so she is a lot younger than the girl i talked to tonight
Why not talk to both? The more options the better. I believe in talking to as many woman as possible as long as your being honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.