Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times

Advertisements

Define: 'Laid'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 07:02 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Yes. And to make as much money as possible.
^^^^^^^^ this.

If men weren't motivated by money, power, and women we would be useless.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:09 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
^^^^^^^^ this.

MLK, Ghandi, Thomas Edison, Einstein, Mozart, infinity....

(Some were motivated by all, but without those motivations, they'd be far from useless.)

I do agree that there is a basic instinct to procreate, so I very much appreciate the serious responses to this discussion. I guess we need to hear from Assencion2012 to find out if he meant that it is men's only goal, their primary goal, or just "a goal". I would agree with the latter for "most men", but I'm not a believer in absolutes, so not for "all men".

Great discussion, keep 'em coming. (or cuming)

Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Contribute something memorable to society by doing something great for mankind.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
MLK, Ghandi, Thomas Edison, Einstein, Mozart, infinity....

(Some were motivated by all, but without those motivations, they'd be far from useless.)

I do agree that there is a basic instinct to procreate, so I very much appreciate the serious responses to this discussion. I guess we need to hear from Assencion2012 to find out if he meant that it is men's only goal, their primary goal, or just "a goal". I would agree with the latter for "most men", but I'm not a believer in absolutes, so not for "all men".

Great discussion, keep 'em coming. (or cuming)
You don't think Mlk, and Ghandi were motivated by power? Yes they wanted to help their people, but you don't think they loved they power they had, the influence they had? You don't think Edison, Einstein, and Mozart loved the recognition and prestige. Thomas Edison owned over 1,000 patents on his inventions. You don't put a patent on something unless you care about money. You don't think Bill Gates and Steve Jobs weren't in it for the money, power and respect? If they didn't care about money and just wanted to advance society they could have just gave away their products and ideas away for free.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,992 times
I like sex, love it. Now, two things have to be clarified, you state getting laid, is that with the same partner, as much as possible? or with as many different partners as possible. Variety is the spice of life, so to speak. but, also experience and knowledge lead to a better sex life. I've had many one nighters, and wish I could have had a repeat performance, but, sometimes it just wasn't in the cards. Was it my goal to have sex with the woman? Any relationship that a person feels may go somewhere will most likely lead to sex. If your statement were true, then men would make money, and buy as much sex from different partners as they could afford. some men, love the relationship they have with their significant other, (wife, girlfriend, FWB) and they pursue sex with this one person on a regular basis. Is there a problem with this? Had your question been, are men monogamous? different answer. I enjoy sex with my partner, have I had many? Yes, I enjoy sharing the physical part of a relationship, but if its just physical, its only sex, Making love is a (mental/emotional plus physical bonding) of two people. Any person, Male/Female, that enjoys this type of relationship, will enjoy numerous enjoyable occurrences of, "getting laid" it just so happens it will be with the same partner. IMO...

Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
^^^^^^^^ this.

We'd still be good at hunting and fishing...

Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I think there is a difference between wanting to get laid all the time and actually going out and getting laid all the time. What I mean is this - orgasms feel good. Who wouldn't want an orgasm everyday? But there is a difference between people who have sex with random people willy nilly because getting laid is all they care about and those that care about substance and quality - even though they would like to have an orgasm everyday.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 AM

3,924 posts, read 6,836,808 times
Your bodily urges to get "laid" are based off our basic instinct to procreate. Same goes with any need to better yourself, make money, drive nice cars, etc. We all have a basic instinct for procreation that we internally thrive on in order to survive and succeed.

Obviously some people do not want kids, but your body doesn't know that. It still thinks that sex is creating offspring, or at least chance of doing so. I believe its the body's goal to get laid, but the brains goal to find a woman who is compatible, financially stable, and responsible. At least in my case, for now. Obviously all guys minds think differently and some just want to be laid, but others are looking for their special someone to spend eternity with.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
i wouldn't call it a goal, i'd call it a biological imperative. it's part of the instincts of a normal healthy male, yes, but most adult men aren't slaves to these impulses.

it's also part of our (humans') biological imperative to eat calorically dense food, for example, but not everyone is a glutton that pigs out on salt, fat, sugar, and carbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships