Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 AM

137 posts, read 192,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I see mismatched couples all the time. I don't think a club is the best place to see mismatched couples. Most people going to clubs aren't going to be all that into personality.

And once again - just because an awesome personality can make a person more attractive - this doesn't mean that all unattractive guys have amazing personalities or that all attractive guys have horrible ones. I don't know if people would think I'm equally matched up with husband - and honestly, I could care less.

What difference does any of this make anyway? Women only care about money, men only care about looks, women care about looks more than they let on, men want women to ask them out and pay for the dates, blah, blah, blah. Who cares? What does this change? It's still about finding the right person - and the right person is going to be the right person and care about the right things - no matter what anyone else thinks or does.

Does your wife care about looks a lot? Would she have dated you when you were heavier? Would she care if you got heavy again? Isn't she the only one that really matters to you?
I go to clubs and I'm short. I do very well there.

Why? Because looks and height matter very little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 10:39 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2012 View Post
I go to clubs and I'm short. I do very well there.

Why? Because looks and height matter very little.
and that is your experience and so that is your opinion. It doesn't make it right or wrong. I believe the opposite based of what I've seen.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
You just gave an example of something you experienced or saw that confirms that women care more about personality than looks. Me, like alot of other guys have seen something different. I used to be 300lbs. Women wouldn't give me a chance. I lost over 100lbs and all of a sudden, women were attracted to me. Based of my experiences, I believe women care more about looks than realize or care to admit. Other guys on this board have had similar experiences where they have come to the same conclusion. These are just opinions, nobody is right or wrong.
There's a difference between being ugly and not taking care of yourself. Girls will overlook ugliness, but few will overlook a guy that doesn't take care of himself.

You used to be 300 Ibs and you expected to date someone attractive? Why would they want to date you? I put a lot of time into working out and looking good. I would never, in a million years, date a girl that's fat. Why? Because I associate being fat with being lazy. I know not all fat girls are lazy, but that's what it signifies to me.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
and that is your experience and so that is your opinion. It doesn't make it right or wrong. I believe the opposite based of what I've seen.
That's a cop out answer. I and others are making points that make sense and because you don't want to admit your wrong, you say "but that hasn't been my experience."

Old 09-20-2012, 10:44 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Of the friends I know that have significant income differences, it tends to have the worse effect on relationships where the woman is the main breadwinner and the man is earning significantly less. When it's the man making the most money and the woman making significantly less it seems to bode better.
I agree.
I earn enough to live comfortable. But, back when I was married, the year she started earning more things started to change. It did not bother me at all because I thought it didn't bother her. But, she soon started in with crap like; you're holding us back. Haven't you thought about a better job? etc.

Eventually, she left. I did hear, years later, that she lost her job and could not find one that came close to her previous salary. Gotta love Karma !

Old 09-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
That's a cop out answer. I and others are making points that make sense and because you don't want to admit your wrong, you say "but that hasn't been my experience."
thats not a cop out answer. I've personally experienced. Like said to the other posters, I used to weigh 300lbs, and i couldn't get a date to save my life, amazingly I lose over 100lbs and what do you know, I had more success in year than combined in the past. You've had success being short, so you think its more than just looks, my experiences say otherwise.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
There's a difference between being ugly and not taking care of yourself. Girls will overlook ugliness, but few will overlook a guy that doesn't take care of himself.

You used to be 300 Ibs and you expected to date someone attractive? Why would they want to date you? I put a lot of time into working out and looking good. I would never, in a million years, date a girl that's fat. Why? Because I associate being fat with being lazy. I know not all fat girls are lazy, but that's what it signifies to me.
Well according to women, its all about personality. My personality didn't change when I lost weight, just the fat on my body did. Also, you're a guy, we've already established we're more superficial than women, so you not liking fat girls is irrelevant to this discussion.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
thats not a cop out answer. I've personally experienced. Like said to the other posters, I used to weigh 300lbs, and i couldn't get a date to save my life, amazingly I lose over 100lbs and what do you know, I had more success in year than combined in the past. You've had success being short, so you think its more than just looks, my experiences say otherwise.
You're missing my point.

Over the 300 Ibs = not taking care of yourself (your fault, in your control)
ugly = ugly (genetics, not in your control)

A guy can be skinny, in good shape, and still be ugly. Being fat is the result of not taking care of yourself.

Looks =/= weight

Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
You're missing my point.

Over the 300 Ibs = not taking care of yourself (your fault, in your control)
ugly = ugly (genetics, not in your control)

A guy can be skinny, in good shape, and still be ugly. Being fat is the result of not taking care of yourself.

Looks =/= weight
that is your opinion. This is part of the problem with this discussion, you are trying establish your opinion as fact. You can be overweight and can be considered ugly.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
that is your opinion. This is part of the problem with this discussion, you are trying establish your opinion as fact. You can be overweight and can be considered ugly.
Yes, but if you lose the weight, you will no longer be considered ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships