Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 AM

92 posts, read 108,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
I'm by far more physically attracted to a girl in her early 20s than a woman about my age.
How old are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 11:05 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,076,189 times
PosterExtraordinaire:

eww. The parents were exchanging leery smiles about their daughter?
Yeah, a few 12-year-olds look like that. I know a woman who looked like that when she was 10. She was creeped out by the looks she'd get. Imagine the mindset of a 10-year-old--not old enough to deal with it at all. But by the time she was in her 40's and 50, she looked really old. I don't know if it was sun damage or bad genes, or what, but it seems like those really early bloomers fade early, too. Anyway, it just goes to show my point; you can't tell a woman's age by her appearance, at all. With some women, yes, but not with others.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,666,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbr View Post
How old are you?
38 ....

almost 40 I'm gonna start counting backwards though !

Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
PosterExtraordinaire:

eww. The parents were exchanging leery smiles about their daughter?
Yeah, I felt like I was trapped But it was a kinda, I bet you didn't expect her to look like that when you came back.

Funny how time stands still for some and jumps for others. They looked pretty much the same. Her? Before I saw her, I still pictured that toddler with the bug black eyes I used to make fun of.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,225,070 times
Quote:
It seems to me that women are more attracted to certain types of men. By types I mean it in a vague category of what he's like, what he does, and how he acts. Looks can be very important or not at all depending on the type.

Men seem to be more attractive to types of a women. But here the types are purely physical and go no deeper than does she have the kind of figure I like, the color hair, the eyes?

Example:

Women: I like a man who is successful. A businessman.
Men: I like a woman with DDs, and a nice ass!

Women: I like a man to be an ex-con! A badass. Who drives a motorcycle and takes **** from no one.
Men: I like redheads.

Women: I like the nerdy, dorky guys.
Men: I like fat women

Of course this is still a simplification but I think it's very true. So yea, looks are important for women and they're not necessarily the whole thing when it comes for men (personality does count for something) but I think the above is pretty much accurate for the types that men and women pursue.
I would go so far as to even disagree with this statemnt.

The thing that many people seem to miss is that statements from a woman are very fluid. They change with her mood. Today, she wants a successful business man.Tomorrow, she wants a nerdy guy. She will end up with the guy that turns her on the most and plays it right afterwards.

I said it before and I'll say it again:
- looks and height only matter very early in the initial encounter
- money is only a requirement for guys that have no game (and, thus, need SOMETHING to keep the woman's interest)

I don't know where all of the guys on this forum live, but I live right outside NYC in Long Island (if you've never been here, look up superficial and entltled in the dictionary and it'll have a picture of this place). For a while, I had no money, lived with my parents, and I'm short. I still did fine with women.

So I really don't know where you guys are having your experiences, because my experiences in the real world have been far different from what many on this forum describe.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I would go so far as to even disagree with this statemnt.

The thing that many people seem to miss is that statements from a woman are very fluid. They change with her mood. Today, she wants a successful business man.Tomorrow, she wants a nerdy guy. She will end up with the guy that turns her on the most and plays it right afterwards.
The point is not that she changes her type (everyone does, even guys) but that she's attracted to a character type, while a guy is attracted a physical looks type. With a character type there can be a physical component, and often is. But from my example it's very clear how the emphasis on looks is split by genders.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:22 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,409,586 times
Quote:
The point is not that she changes her type (everyone does, even guys) but that she's attracted to a character type, while a guy is attracted a physical looks type. With a character type there can be a physical component, and often is. But from my example it's very clear how the emphasis on looks is split by genders.
As a woman, I had a penchant for a specific body type. I still do. I wasn't as selective when it came to hair or eye color, but I couldn't overlook my attraction to certain builds.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:22 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,913,403 times
Quote:
I think many women have a pretty big range of what "attractive" means. And attractiveness can easily grow with exposure, as long as someone met the "baseline" of looks and personality.

Personally, a key feature for me is having a great smile. I have an ideal body type as well. Obviously, this can happen in any range of packages. I have a type......but can easily veer off when someone has the right personality (or is really stylish!).

Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,309,266 times
Quote:
38 ....

almost 40 I'm gonna start counting backwards though !

Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think many women have a pretty big range of what "attractive" means. And attractiveness can easily grow with exposure, as long as someone met the "baseline" of looks and personality.
Yeah, I think that's where the "women don't care about looks" thing comes from. It's not that women don't care about looks, you're just less likely to hear a woman say that she doesn't care about what a guy is like as a person, just as long as he's hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships