Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 08:10 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,674,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I cannot stand "cougars." They are really presumptuous and misguided. So is the man who goes for the chick who could be his daughter. I think they are insecure head-cases, too.
There is a lot of beauty in youth and this makes most women uncomfortable for some reason. Now, I rarely end up with girls in their early 20s anymore because of personality mismatches and we're are on different stages on the road of life. But I'm by far more physically attracted to a girl in her early 20s than a woman about my age. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:17 AM

Money and "the game" are two things a man can develop later in life. Looks, not so much. What you're born with is more or less what you got. You can work out a bit, keep yourself in shape and that helps I suppose. But a lot of men hold onto these two things because it's comforting that they're are a lifestyle away from swimming in *****.

But there is some truth in it. Personality raises anyone several notches or down several notches. And there is a certain subset of women who are just attracted to money. I remember talking to this Russian girl out in LA, she wasn't even that attractive:

She: My boyfriend has a Lamborghini
Me: what does he do?
She: Haha, I don't actually know. All I know is he's persian, rich and has a Lamborghini
She: Want to see a picture? [shows me a picture of the car, not her boyfriend]

Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 AM

44 posts, read 49,191 times
Looks are definitely important to certain type of women than others.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:26 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,427,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post

But I found out that taller girls are actually easier to get with if for the only reason they want a height match too and not many guys are their height match.

Ughhh...if only I had a dime for all the tall men who approached me with the assumption that I was going to be immediately interested just because they were taller than me. Okay...maybe a quarter...I'm a tall, greedy b*tch.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Standard View Post
Looks are definitely important to certain type of women than others.
It seems to me that women are more attracted to certain types of men. By types I mean it in a vague category of what he's like, what he does, and how he acts. Looks can be very important or not at all depending on the type.

Men seem to be more attractive to types of a women. But here the types are purely physical and go no deeper than does she have the kind of figure I like, the color hair, the eyes?

Example:

Women: I like a man who is successful. A businessman.
Men: I like a woman with DDs, and a nice ass!

Women: I like a man to be an ex-con! A badass. Who drives a motorcycle and takes **** from no one.
Men: I like redheads.

Women: I like the nerdy, dorky guys.
Men: I like fat women

Of course this is still a simplification but I think it's very true. So yea, looks are important for women and they're not necessarily the whole thing when it comes for men (personality does count for something) but I think the above is pretty much accurate for the types that men and women pursue.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Ughhh...if only I had a dime for all the tall men who approached me with the assumption that I was going to be immediately interested just because they were taller than me. Okay...maybe a quarter...I'm a tall, greedy b*tch.
Yea, it doesn't always work Nothing in life is a certainty. But I found that tall women are naturally more interested than average height women or shorter, on average.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM

190 posts, read 305,824 times
Why is a man who dates a much younger woman insecure? I don't understand that.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:36 AM

102,300 posts, read 108,407,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
There is a lot of beauty in youth and this makes most women uncomfortable for some reason. Now, I rarely end up with girls in their early 20s anymore because of personality mismatches and we're are on different stages on the road of life. But I'm by far more physically attracted to a girl in her early 20s than a woman about my age. It is what it is.
I've got news for you. Some of the women you're attracted to that you think are in their early-to-mid-20's are actually in their 30's or 40.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've got news for you. Some of the women you're attracted to that you think are in their early-to-mid-20's are actually in their 30's or 40.
Never happened to me. In fact, more like the opposite has happened to me. Thinking this girl is in her early 20s but really she's in her mid/late teens.

I still remember this, I came back to Detroit after not being there for 10 years and meeting some old friends at a church dinner. The guy (my friend) and his wife and me were chatting when this girl comes out of nowhere, in a short skirt showing off a spectacular body, just comes up to me and shakes my hand. And introduces herself. She's their daughter, and the last time I saw her she was a toddler. They were exchanging leery smiles that amounted to: yeah, can you believe that's HER.

Her age? 12. And I was gonna guess late teens/early 20s just going on looks. I felt so dirty, I went and got another beer (yeah, they had it at the church dinner).

None of this is politically correct to say on CD and I'm expecting to be chewed out for it, but it's a message board. **** it.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,974,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
Why is a man who dates a much younger woman insecure? I don't understand that.
Generally speaking those men want someone who is inexperienced so they can stay in control. How much do you really have in common with someone 15 years your junior?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships