Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 05:31 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll find that a holiday funcitons there is always chips and dip and various snacks, I'll just eat them mindlessly, just because they are sitting out.... it stuff like that that kills me... I rarely have any of that stuff at the house, we actually eat pretty healthily, I find I need to work on the portion control. We'll make up some great dinner and I can't help but eat too much cause it's so good... LOL

Plus the wine/beer doesn't help, too many empty calories... just packs it on....
I see a new diet fad- stock the kitchen with foods you don't like as a way to lose weight.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Took me a minute, I'm slow this morning, but then stuff blew out of my nostrils
I use a Neti pot when that flares up.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:42 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
I'll find that a holiday funcitons there is always chips and dip and various snacks, I'll just eat them mindlessly, just because they are sitting out.... it stuff like that that kills me... I rarely have any of that stuff at the house, we actually eat pretty healthily, I find I need to work on the portion control. We'll make up some great dinner and I can't help but eat too much cause it's so good... LOL

Plus the wine/beer doesn't help, too many empty calories... just packs it on....
That mindless eating adds up quick! I always try to pick more at the veggie tray (minus the dip) and less at everything else. Doesn't always work though...lol

As for the crap food in the house, there typically isn't much to choose from. Easy to stay on track when it's not in the house. At work the breakroom has been DANGEROUS though...area businesses and families were donating all kinds of goodies...I decided to eat lunch in my classroom that last week to avoid the goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I use a Neti pot when that flares up.
Ummmm...TMI. Now I have visions of you with boogers all over your face! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Guess it's going to just be Sixy and I doing this thing.

So Sixy, let me know, when you want to officially set it off. I don't mean it to be a challenge against each other, just a serious challenge to reach our goal within a reasonable set date. No excuses, pinky swears. LOL
Well tomorrow is Monday? Not sure what your schedule is like....do you hate starting on a Monday? Should we wait til after NYD?

Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Ummmm...TMI. Now I have visions of you with boogers all over your face! lol
I call it the snot pot, if there were boogers I would call it the booger pot.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:49 PM

I buy a new camera from Costco in late Oct with an instant $300 rebate.
A month later the rebate for the same camera becomes $400.
I take my receipt to Costco to point this out and they refund me the $100 difference.
Two weeks later the rebate for the same camera is now $900.
I take my receipt to Costco to point this out and they refuse to refund the $500 difference saying it has been over 30 days.
I go home order the same camera from the Costco website with the $900 rebate, free two day shipping, and take the original camera back to the store for a full refund.
Did they really think I was f*****g stupid enough to let the additional $500 slide by without me doing something about it?

Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
I buy a new camera from Costco in late Oct with an instant $300 rebate.
A month later the rebate for the same camera becomes $400.
I take my receipt to Costco to point this out and they refund me the $100 difference.
Two weeks later the rebate for the same camera is now $900.
I take my receipt to Costco to point this out and they refuse to refund the $500 difference saying it has been over 30 days.
I go home order the same camera from the Costco website with the $900 rebate, free two day shipping, and take the original camera back to the store for a full refund.
Did they really think I was f*****g stupid enough to let the additional $500 slide by without me doing something about it?
Companies don't give a shyt anymore about people...... short term thinking..... I saw some article on MSN about how now people are taking to youtube to make rant vids about companies, banks in particular, and now supposedly BofA has people surfing youtube looking for vids about their bad customer service.

I could go on a serious rant about when Chase took over Washington Mutual.... I was never so friggin irked by a company like them.... I will never ever ever do business with those friggin a holes... EVER...

It is a pain the butt to change banks, but when I did they sent me a survey asking why I left...

I've never been so scathing in my life..... they just pissed me off royal.... and I never get that upset by a business.....

Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Companies don't give a shyt anymore about people...... short term thinking..... I saw some article on MSN about how now people are taking to youtube to make rant vids about companies, banks in particular, and now supposedly BofA has people surfing youtube looking for vids about their bad customer service.

I could go on a serious rant about when Chase took over Washington Mutual.... I was never so friggin irked by a company like them.... I will never ever ever do business with those friggin a holes... EVER...

It is a pain the butt to change banks, but when I did they sent me a survey asking why I left...

I've never been so scathing in my life..... they just pissed me off royal.... and I never get that upset by a business.....
Funny you mention banks. A friend was telling us he went into a Wells Fargo branch to buy a roll of quarters and they wouldn't sell it to him. The reason............................................ ....

wait for it................................................ ...

he didn't have an account.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Funny you mention banks. A friend was telling us he went into a Wells Fargo branch to buy a roll of quarters and they wouldn't sell it to him. The reason............................................ ....

wait for it................................................ ...

he didn't have an account.
One more reason why I will never do business with Wells fargo or (hells fargo) I closed that account in early 1998 when the made that change. Sure glad I did.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
One more reason why I will never do business with Wells fargo or (hells fargo) I closed that account in early 1998 when the made that change. Sure glad I did.
We still have our accounts with them, but only by default, we didn't choose WF as our bank.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:26 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I have a little p*ss pot account with Wells Fargo. It was Wachovia when I opened the account ...

Anywho...I guess I don't really care much. It's not like it's big money so as long as my debit account continues to be free I'll keep it there. Shoot the only reason I chose the bank was because they had a local branch and I didn't have to do a U-turn to get there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships