Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 09:29 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I'm partial to Alison Krauss when I wanna hear a soprano. But that's just me. Opera just isn't my thing, except for Le Nozzi Di Figaro.
I love Alison Krauss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I'm partial to Alison Krauss when I wanna hear a soprano. But that's just me. Opera just isn't my thing, except for Le Nozzi Di Figaro.
I sing mostly musical theatre and some opera. The music I sing isn't the music that I listen to for enjoyment, though. I do like opera (Carmen is my personal favorite) and musical theatre - but I'll listen to rock, classic rock, and folky rock singer songwriters much more often.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
I'm a 'pack a month' smoker... I'll have a few if I'm out drinking on the weekend but I can do without if I forget to buy them or if I just don't feel like smoking. During the week I don't smoke at all and when I do have a few on the weekend I come home and immediately take a shower and soak my clothes overnight before washing them because if I'm not drinking I simply don't like the smell.

If you smoke a pack a day or can't go a day or so without smoking it might be a dealbreaker. Nobody in my family smokes so at events it's a no-smoke atmosphere and if you HAVE to have a cigarette every half hour it's probably not gonna work.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:33 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,765 times
casual relationships: go ahead ruin your body and stay out of my home with it. but, i still reserve to tell you you stink when you do, never kiss you when its bad or tell you to leave you jacket on the porch.
serious relationship: nope, don't want you please find another person. its not fair to the potential children or myself to invest that amount of emotion in someone who carelessly does something that is potentially shortening their lives, causing numerous health issues and effecting those around them for something so trivial in the broad scope.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:34 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - and she ended up dead. What's your point?
This is a bit of a non-sequiter Dew, she didn't die from smoking, so I don't see how it relates?

Old 09-16-2012, 09:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
casual relationships: go ahead ruin your body and stay out of my home with it. but, i still reserve to tell you you stink when you do, never kiss you when its bad or tell you to leave you jacket on the porch.
serious relationship: nope, don't want you please find another person. its not fair to the potential children or myself to invest that amount of emotion in someone who carelessly does something that is potentially shortening their lives, causing numerous health issues and effecting those around them for something so trivial in the broad scope.

I find you unattractive and wouldn't come near you with a ten foot pole. NOT because you don't like smokers, or that it is a deal breaker for you, but because of your attitude about it. You are one of the "haters" I was talking about.

If you told me to leave my jacket on the porch, I imagine I would assume you were joking at first, and then after further insistance from you, I would likely speak a couple reserved words toward you and you'd never see me again.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:45 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
I am a smoker and I lit my first cigarette in 5th grade and I will continue to smoke until I choose to quit. I get tired of defending my choice to smoke so I won't do it. I smoke, deal with it or don't just know that I do not smoke around others who do not smoke or are allergic, I do not throw my cigarette butts out of my vehicle window, I do not use the ashtray in my vehicle, I do not smoke inside anyone's home or vehicle who does not smoke and I do not ever smoke around children. When I am in public outside I will ask whomever is around if they mind if I smoke, if they do I move to another area. So, if you refrain from telling me how disgusting I am just because I smoke I will refrain from telling you how disgusting it is when you (no one in particular) are stinking drunk in public making an idiot of yourself, look like a hooker when you go out on the town or have the worst grammar, vocabulary and spelling I've seen in a while. Thank you in advance and I wish you all you deserve in your lifetime.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
This is a bit of a non-sequiter Dew, she didn't die from smoking, so I don't see how it relates?
It doesn't - but neither does saying that Amy Winehouse smoked have anything to do with me saying that I'm a singer and smoking is bad for me. I was just trying to prove a point. Smoking is bad for singers. Do some singers smoke? Yes. That doesn't mean that it isn't bad for them. And I don't think Amy Winehouse is a very good poster child for anything other than telling kids to stay off drugs.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:48 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post

If you require a jacket be left on the porch you should go for the entire outfit because everything will smell like smoke and if you told me to leave my jacket on the porch I wouldn't do it because there would be no need. I would put the jacket right back on and leave immediately and would not be in your presence again but I would be respecting your choice to not have the smell of cigarettes in your home and I would be respecting my choice not to be 'friends' with someone who thinks smoking is a good reason to lose a friend.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I find you unattractive and wouldn't come near you with a ten foot pole. NOT because you don't like smokers, or that it is a deal breaker for you, but because of your attitude about it. You are one of the "haters" I was talking about.

If you told me to leave my jacket on the porch, I imagine I would assume you were joking at first, and then after further insistance from you, I would likely speak a couple reserved words toward you and you'd never see me again.
I don't see the 'hate.' His/her reasons are totally legit IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships