Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 07:54 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,024,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
People are offended by anything today.

It doesn't matter what you say, somebody somewhere will be offended by it.
Exactly. It's really one of those things where you have to pick your battles. Is it really worth getting upset over some insignificant comment that probably would have been ignored had the woman not made an issue out of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 11:15 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Do you say things like, "You're worse than a Black, You're worse than a Mexican," etc., meant in a derogatory way as a put down, not as a joke? A put down was the context in the OP. "He's worse than a woman," was meant as a put down.
Sorry, I can take the question in context as a joke.... I don't know if it was or wasn't.

As a female... who knows I am equal... I can take a lot of jokes.. even with that grain of truth in it. The same way the males in my life can take jokes about men... with a grain of truth in them.

If some guy makes a joke that is a genuine insult against women, I just think they are an idiot.

Why would I waste any indignation for idiots?

Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,747,607 times
Quote:
I'll throw this out there for c-d's opinions...

Mixed-gender group hanging out. A guy turns to the woman on his right and insults another guy in the group by saying to her, "He's worse than a woman," and rolls his eyes. The woman was upset about the insult which she thought puts down women as well as the guy he was intending to insult. The guy tells her to lighten up, she doesn't have a sense of humor.

Is the guy a jerk? Or is the woman overly sensitive? What say you, c-d?
He's projecting his desire to be a woman.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:27 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,509,264 times
The guy's a jerk by making the nasty comment. If the comment had never been said none of what followed would have happened.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,144,031 times
Jerk. It's kinda like when drill sargeants call their grunts 'ladies', or if you say 'you throw like a little girl.'

Old 09-22-2012, 06:56 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,400,524 times
Quote:
I'll throw this out there for c-d's opinions...

Mixed-gender group hanging out. A guy turns to the woman on his right and insults another guy in the group by saying to her, "He's worse than a woman," and rolls his eyes. The woman was upset about the insult which she thought puts down women as well as the guy he was intending to insult. The guy tells her to lighten up, she doesn't have a sense of humor.

Is the guy a jerk? Or is the woman overly sensitive? What say you, c-d?
If he said it to her, I'd figure he was joking around. But if not, yeah, he's a jerk and a sexist.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 AM

89,295 posts, read 45,013,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
If he said it to her, I'd figure he was joking around. But if not, yeah, he's a jerk and a sexist.
In the context of what happened, this poster seems to have nailed it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
The person who made the insult was trying to impress, show off and put down the other male in the group by passively knocking the other male's masculinity. It was to demonstrate that he was manlier and more of a catch.

The woman probably saw it as insecure and pathetic as well as insulting to women.

You should never put down others to make yourself look better.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:29 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,222,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Hahahaha! Go on Braunwyn

Can't start your weekend with all that anger. Come on, it's a Friday. Cheer up.
It's my own fault for coming here. It's not like I run across this kind of crap off line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
We could only wish to be on your high level, Braunwyn. Every other post from you is how horrible the men here are. I never see the same self-righteous indignation from you and others when women make hate threads about men. Some of you even join in on the bashing fest and then have the nerve to tell men off when they get offended. What ever happened to treating others the same way you like to be treated?
No, it's not how horrible men are. It's how retarded the lot of men who talk crap about women on this forum are. Really, women are weaker in every sense. C'mon, that's either bait trolling or just plain gross. Is that really too difficult for you to grasp?

And I do defend men to the women who gender bash across the board on this forum, so you're off on that. Although there are only 2-3 of them at most.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:52 AM

89,295 posts, read 45,013,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
No, it's not how horrible men are. It's how retarded the lot of men who talk crap about women on this forum are. Really, women are weaker in every sense. C'mon, that's either bait trolling or just plain gross. Is that really too difficult for you to grasp?
Yes, it is too difficult for some to grasp because they really do feel that way, including the guy in the OP. That's why "worse than a woman" is a rather well-known insult.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:00 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,222,378 times
Quote:
Yes, it is too difficult for some to grasp because they really do feel that way, including the guy in the OP. That's why "worse than a woman" is a rather well-known insult.
True, although the OP is less of an issue compared to the "women are weaker" assertions, which just boils down to inferiority, and Ascension puts that out there from time to time. I suppose if I pause and think about it, it's really the same thing. Women are inferior and not only are they inferior, they fall short next to the moron misogynists who frequent this forum. I'm incapable of letting that slide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships