Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 09:31 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - why exactly does she need to have a baby so soon?
She might have medical issues. I know of a woman whose doctor recommended she have a baby before some of her lady parts (internally) were removed due to cancer. Also she might have fibroids or other issues. It also gets harder after 35.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 09:33 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
They'll never be on the same page IMHO as she's selfish period.

The OP is her sucker/pawn in this "relationshyte".
I don't consider him her "sucker". I just think they both want different things.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
She might have medical issues. I know of a woman whose doctor recommended she have a baby before some of her lady parts (internally) were removed due to cancer. Also she might have fibroids or other issues. It also gets harder after 35.
Well, if I were him - I'd check into it to make sure it's true. I'm not saying it doesn't happen - but I'd make sure that this is actually the case. I know so many people who have had babies in their late 30's and early 40's. I plan on having one in my late 30's and had no problem having my first at 35. Like I said - I know that there are women with legitimate problems - but with the way their relationship is going - I'd make sure that she was one of them.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:35 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
You had better run now as fast as you can BEFORE she gets pregnant and you get married because this situation is not going to get any better. You are not on the same page relationship wise and it seems neither completely understands what the other wants and there is no room for compromise. Best to get out now before it really costs you. Good luck and I hope your surgery goes well and you heal quickly.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:36 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
It could be her age, or keeping up with her girlfriends, or family pressure, or just her own will.
Irrelevant.
You BOTH need to want the same thing. You both need to agree to it before marriage ( well, she might agree and change her mind, and then you are stuck ).
I don't see any future in this relationship.
After you get married she might WANT other things you would not want, like a big house, living above your means, or moving out to a place you don't like, or she would say: "get second job - we have kids!", or whatever. The point is that you are LUCKY that she is inpatient and showing her true character before the marriage.
You need to find someone who is compatible to you.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:37 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
I don't consider him her "sucker". I just think they both want different things.
She changed her tune in that she probably strung him along and dropped "the bombs" after the engagement feeling that she had him IMHO.

As the OP said that she changed after the engagement.

Good thing for the OP that she showed her true "colors" before said marriage = selfishness only to get worse IMO.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
She changed her tune in that she probably strung him along and dropped "the bombs" after the engagement feeling that she had him IMHO.

As the OP said that she changed after the engagement.

Good thing for the OP that she showed her true "colors" before said marriage = selfishness only to get worse IMO.
Well, in all fairness, we always only get one side of the story on here. But it doesn't really matter who is at fault - if you aren't happy with someone - you shouldn't marry them.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:41 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Dear Dazed, This stuff should have been discussed when you were really getting serious as a couple. But I guess she surprised you by proposing? Still, if she's not willing to be real about the economics of having kids, and it sounds like any pregnancy might be difficult and complicated for her, and these are some very fundamental matters for a couple that you two don't see eye to eye on, well.... the writing seems to be on the wall. Can you read it?

Things won't get better after you're married. Look at the bright side: at least she showed her true colors BEFORE the marriage! Other guys aren't so lucky. Engagements do get called off, don't be embarrassed or intimidated by that idea. Better now than after you're married, and you have to divorce.

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
If she indeed has medical issues and "hide" them from him, that's even worse!!

12 posts, read 16,253 times
Thanks, but I am not a sucker. Her OBGYN said as she approaches 37 and older, it becomes harder to become pregnant and the child can have medical issues. I am concerned about money, as I have medical issues from a serious accident. I can only bring in so much money. Money does not go as far in NJ as it does in most of the other states. I do not think she's trying to trick me into impregnating her, as we do not have/had sex w/o a condom. Kinda hard to have a child with a condom on. I also, due to the expense of the wedding and my medical bills, had to push the wedding off until mid-2013, which she was not happy about. I can do what I can do. As for her medical issues, none except bacterial vaginosis. Hence the reason we've been abstaining from sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships