Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:48 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

So as you guys all know, I'm not really an attractive guy and I've had some HORRIBLE luck in the dating world. It seems like every woman I meet who I'm attracted to either has a boyfriend, doesn't find me attractive, or I don't have enough money to "take care of" them.

All my life I've had countless females who HAVE been attracted to me, but I didn't feel the same. Said females are usually overweight, ugly, or a combination of the 2 (usually a combination)

People have always told me to just "take what you can get, because it won't get any better" I'm seriously considering doing just that. Should I just settle for the women who do like me? I feel like actually trying to get a woman I find attractive is too far gone and that nothing I do will ever change my attractiveness to women. I don't have money, good looks, a nice car, good credit, or a good paying job (I DO have a job, but it doesn't pay any more than $300 on a good week)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 11:53 AM

632 posts, read 1,179,790 times
*heavy sigh*

Look, IMO you have to make compromises. If you see someone that looks like Megan Fox, I can promise you there are hundreds of guys who would want to date her. Now, if you don't have the looks and or qualities she's interested in, she won't go for you.

Just like you're looking for an attractive person, so is she because she knows what she has and what she brings to the table.

What I would suggest is try to find someone that makes you happy and if you really like someone and they turn you down, ask them what it is about you they don't like. You talk to several women and get feedback and act on that feedback, you should be able to find someone you love that is also attractive.

Just my opinion, I'm no expert so take what I said with a grain of salt...

Old 09-23-2012, 01:35 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
So as you guys all know, I'm not really an attractive guy and I've had some HORRIBLE luck in the dating world. It seems like every woman I meet who I'm attracted to either has a boyfriend, doesn't find me attractive, or I don't have enough money to "take care of" them.

All my life I've had countless females who HAVE been attracted to me, but I didn't feel the same. Said females are usually overweight, ugly, or a combination of the 2 (usually a combination)

People have always told me to just "take what you can get, because it won't get any better" I'm seriously considering doing just that. Should I just settle for the women who do like me? I feel like actually trying to get a woman I find attractive is too far gone and that nothing I do will ever change my attractiveness to women. I don't have money, good looks, a nice car, good credit, or a good paying job (I DO have a job, but it doesn't pay any more than $300 on a good week)
And this leads to stagnation and disappointment. Don't settle, You need to build confidence and find someone you are attracted to and-Has the personality and qualities that makes you want to be around them as well. You are a working man, And can build experience and move up along the way. As for looks-Who said you were not good looking exactly? Where are you getting this from?

Old 09-23-2012, 01:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Can I get A Hell No!?

Old 09-23-2012, 01:45 PM

221 posts, read 282,808 times
I guess if you have an extremely narrow view on what you consider attractive, you're going to have a problem. I have a cousin who is age 44. She only ever liked light hair colored, light eyed wispy party boy types. She's been through three divorces and all the men were horrible. People tried to fix her up on a date a few times with decent, kind men. Her main stock response was, "I don't like men with GRAY hair!" Um, the only reason hers is not gray is she colors it. She's always on FB complaining about not having a partner, but she is entirely too choosy in the appearance department.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:20 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
You say you're homely yourself but only like attractive women and that you don't have much money. Well, what do you expect? But please please don't inflict yourself on a woman you see as homely because she's the best you can get. Because ya know what? She can likely do better than someone who thinks he's "lowering himself" by being with her. Either make yourself more attractive (a good body can make up for a myriad of facial oddities) or do some sort of spiritual overhaul. Or accept solitude as your lot.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,167 times
Quote:

It is quite interesting how the ugly guys are the harshest critics of how women look. Good looking men are generally nicer when talking about women. That could be why they are more successful with dating.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:48 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Increase your income, better your personality, better your looks, or acceot your league as-is. Those are your only options.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:52 PM

305 posts, read 553,312 times
Quote:

OK, Stop dating. What do you love to do? What do you want to do that you are not? NOT something you think you can meet women at what are you passionate about? Sports? Politics? Feeding the Homeless? Church?

Do it, work in a political campaign, volunteer at a food bank, coach a kid's team, but it has to be something you love doing, or it won;t work.

Then, just when you realize you do not miss dating, you will meet someone.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:

Well...

If you really want a relationship that bad, then you might have to give one of those ladies that actually do like you a chance. You might actually be glad you did it. But that's up to you. There is no guarantee that you are going to wind up with the woman that you are attracted to.

As for whether you are an attractive guy or not, if you weren't attractive (at all), I doubt you would have countless women be attracted to you, fat, "ugly" or otherwise.

But then again, it is up to you. If you would rather save for the "attractive" women, then you may have to accept being alone for a while.

Again, whether you should just "take what you can get" or not, this is totally up to you. You make that choice. Also, underneath the package that you are attracted to might be some extremely poisonous venom. All of a sudden, she turns "ugly" quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships