Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 02:40 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
A normal 37 year old male will have NOTHING in common with a 20-something female.
Ummm...big difference between a 21 yr old chick and a 29 yr old chick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 02:42 PM

221 posts, read 282,929 times
Dating how seriously?

If it's seeking a relationship, I'll tell you, it depends.

My husband is 50 and is 12 years older than me. However, we have pretty much have always had the same energy level (have been together 10 total years) and we have the same interests and the same intelligence level. Neither of us had been married previously, neither have had offspring and we don't want our own offspring.

I read somewhere an age gap can be overcome if the two people involved are in the same stage of life.

For example, you can't expect it to work out if she's a 26 year old graduate student and you're financially independent to the point you're about to retire. If you started having kids young, you might have a 28 or a 29 year old and it might be kind of uncomfortable for a woman who's 34 years old.

If you want to casually see women, I'd say, no age is too young as long as it's at least 18 and they are interested.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:28 PM

344 posts, read 396,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
For a very fit guy of 50, what do you think is an acceptable age range for dating women?
I think you were really asking me this question. I am in a relationship with a guy who is 52. I am 27. I've tried to figure out why this relationship seems to work and I think it is because he is just young-at-heart, while I am old enough to be my own person. Just two years ago I would have thought a relationship with a guy so much older as too weird and been uncomfortable with it, but over the last couple of years my thinking has become a little bit more independent. Still, it would not be a good fit for me with most guys over 50, or even over 40.

Open-mindedness is a requirement for everyone. If age is a problem for anyone, then it's not going to work.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
"so an 18 year old acts like a 9 year old? not really."

I got the above in a rep message and I honestly don't understand it, can anyone possibly explain it to me? I thought I only responded once to the original post but I'll have to check again, maybe it will make sense then.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
A normal 37 year old male will have NOTHING in common with a 20-something female.
I still love that FRESHNESS of a college student. Goodbye

Old 10-07-2012, 05:36 PM

31,051 posts, read 22,077,427 times
If your an older millionaire or movie star there is no age limit.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
"so an 18 year old acts like a 9 year old? not really."

I got the above in a rep message and I honestly don't understand it, can anyone possibly explain it to me? I thought I only responded once to the original post but I'll have to check again, maybe it will make sense then.
you made this comment earlier:

Age is a manmade number for convenience and has nothing to do with who the person is....

basically saying age has nothing to do with the person it's just a random number created for humanity's convenience. Um, not really. So with that logic, an 18 year old person is on the same level as a 9 year old, right? Since they're all just a bunch of random as* numbers and all.

and I thought I signed that rep comment like I always do.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
For a very fit guy of 50, what do you think is an acceptable age range for dating women?
The same age range as anyone else.

Focusing on age is not a great point to start, especially when people start throwing out those empty makey up formulas for halving your age and adding another figure. This is all nonsense.

What you need to do is focus on what you want from a relationship and then find someone to have that relationship with. If some of the things on that list are somehow precluded because of their age then perhaps they were not the right choice of person for the relationship.

That person should of course do the same in reverse and make the same decisions about what they want from the relationship.

Other than that there is nothing to dictate what is "acceptable" in the relationship. People like to judge of course and an age difference will get the curtain twitchers twitching and the judgemental back stabbers talking behind your back. But it is not their business and you should judge your relationship by it's own merits and not what busy bodies with no interesting lives of their own might judge your for.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I think you could easily date women over 75.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:02 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,725 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure our genitals will line up properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships