Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I have an IQ well over that (assuming I didn't hit my head one too many times while growing up) and prefer similar girls and while it does make meeting people somewhat harder I don't think wanting smart people poses quite as much of a hurdle as you think it does once you get over the basic not-stupid level that is a more universal preference. The most intelligent people tend to live in certain places, have certain interests, socialize in certain venues, and have their own social networks. You end up meeting people like yourself way out of proportion to what you should statistically. Granted, if you are that intelligent but not at all nerdy you might run into problems, but the people I know who fit that description (both the guys and the girls) preferred focusing a tremendous amount of effort on their physical appearance and careers and proceeding to date arm candy over seeking similar significant others anyway .
I agree with this.

I'm intelligent, but not nerdy....and it's VERY hard to not go for the arm candy, at least to some degree. The good thing is that there are certainly some very attractive women out there that are also extremely intelligent. So it works out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
I wasn't chewed up nor spat out when I lived in L.A. and later San Diego. I did find the women to be generally pretentious and superficial, but then I didn't have any interest in them. I prefer "real" people, and I found plenty of them. I had a good paying job, drove a new BMW and I'm extraordinarily good looking. Maybe that had something to do with my good fortune.
wait u found the women to be generally pretentious and not superficial yet u drive a BMW? and claim ur goodlooking... so u play right into their appeal

Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
The vast majority of people on here are, at the very least, of above average intelligence (due to our capabilities to analyze situations). Anyone of average or below average intelligence would most likely not be capable of insight.

OP, how often do you go out and meet girls? What types of places do you hang out in? How many approaches have you made in your lifetime?
How often?

Let's just say that I have never really went out for the purpose of meeting women. I'm a person that likes to talk to people near me, if I feel like being talkative. I talk to people of all ages, everywhere. I talk to people in many of the places I go, some in class, others while waiting in line for various things. Occasionally I come across interesting people, and occasionally, that happens to be women my age.

I've approached many people in my life time, made a bit of acquaintances and friends. I've dated a few times, had three relationships that didn't last very long at all.

I also found a few good friends, none which live anywhere near me right now.

Recently moved, about three months ago, met a few new folks, but no one special.

However, I never really "hung out" often. On my spare time I attend to my hobbies, which are generally spent alone, for the most part.

Don't have that much spare time anyways...

I expect the situation will improve, sometime in the distant future...

Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
wait u found the women to be generally pretentious and not superficial yet u drive a BMW? and claim ur goodlooking... so u play right into their appeal
This happened many years ago, according to him...

There is nothing wrong with spending money on a BMW, back in the day their features stood out and they made a damn good car interior.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I know. If CD were representative of the world, or at least my world, I might be more inclined to agree with you is all.

but it is representative of 'the world,' IMO. The same men on this site, are the same ones out in the world. there's not 2 sets of men on the earth; one that exists online and one that doesn't.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
but it is representative of 'the world,' IMO. The same men on this site, are the same ones out in the world. there's not 2 sets of men on the earth; one that exists online and one that doesn't.
City-Data is skew right for age and a bigger representative of the United States, more than any other country.

But even if the men on this site exist as men on the world,

AS YOU CAN OBVIOUSLY SEE, this is relationship help, a subforum for people with relationship problems.

Not that many people I know of have relationship problems that I have, especially in my age demographic.

If I wanted to be the average,

be a man that sleeps around, approaches women at bars, has an STD or two, I wouldn't be in this thread, because those people don't consider what they do a relationship problem.

Well I am not the average, thus I post in the Relationships subforum.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
City-Data is skew right for age and a bigger representative of the United States, more than any other country.

But even if the men on this site exist as men on the world,

AS YOU CAN OBVIOUSLY SEE, this is relationship help, a subforum for people with relationship problems.

Not that many people I know of have relationship problems that I have, especially in my age demographic.

If I wanted to be the average,

be a man that sleeps around, approaches women at bars, has an STD or two, I wouldn't be in this thread, because those people don't consider what they do a relationship problem.

Well I am not the average, thus I post in the Relationships subforum.
you have a very skewed perception of "average". it sounds like you are resentful, antisocial, and desperate which is exactly why you're not getting the female attention you want. plus you are like 19(?). calm down, you will meet someone with time. if you are lonely until then try to do more social activities involving things that interest you. you will need to work on your social skills regardless of the dating issue. such skills will also be invaluable in your career. i'm not trying to be mean. i struggle with the same things myself.

i agree that the people on here are not representative of the general population. there is a certain type of personality that frequents forums.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
you have a very skewed perception of "average". it sounds like you are resentful, antisocial, and desperate which is exactly why you're not getting the female attention you want. plus you are like 19(?). calm down, you will meet someone with time. if you are lonely until then try to do more social activities involving things that interest you. you will need to work on your social skills regardless of the dating issue. such skills will also be invaluable in your career. i'm not trying to be mean. i struggle with the same things myself.

i agree that the people on here are not representative of the general population. there is a certain type of personality that frequents forums.

I don't think so. This graph IS outdated, but there seems to be many older people.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:34 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,771 times
Quote:
Let's just say that I have never really went out for the purpose of meeting women. I'm a person that likes to talk to people near me, if I feel like being talkative. I talk to people of all ages, everywhere. I talk to people in many of the places I go, some in class, others while waiting in line for various things. Occasionally I come across interesting people, and occasionally, that happens to be women my age.

........I expect the situation will improve, sometime in the distant future...
After graduating school this attitude & method cuts, like, no ice.

Things will get substantially more difficult once you don't have classes anymore unless you adapt.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
Quote:

I don't think so. This graph IS outdated, but there seems to be many older people.
im not sure why you quoted my post. i dont pay attention to age on this forum so you may be right, but i didn't mention it, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships