Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 07:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, who wants to be a dime-a-dozen? It's easier to match up if you're part of the cookie-cutter mass-produced bunch, but it's pretty boring.
Agreed! Stay strong, jade, jet, hurricane and anyone else that feels that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 07:38 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I'm a gentleman, I won't cheat.
I have an apartment and a job, whilst going to school.
I am educated, I will make a fair amount of money once I do get a career.
I know how to cook and bake
I'm fairly good looking.
I know many skills, a few of them being how to fix things in the house.
I am a good converstionalist and I will be there to listen.
I don't spend time watching tv.
I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs.
I know how to have fun on the spare time that I have.
I have good interior design skills, my place looks neat and clean.
I have no stds.
I can sing, dance, and play the piano.
I am aiming to get a Phd
I wear nice clothes.
I somewhat have a sense of humor.
I am responsible.
I am friendly with both pets and children.
I am healthy.
I will try my best at maintaining a good relationship.
I am organized, on time, I don't flake, I don't take advantage of women.
For some women you might come off as boring. I hope you can put up with an average woman's drama!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I still think what is considered "overweight" today, was yesterday's perfectly healthy woman.
I don't know. I always kind of thought that people on here were blowing things way out of proportion about the whole weight thing but my husband and I recently took a little day trip to a different state and I've never felt so skinny! I swear - everyone was HUGE! Growing up in the suburbs of Los Angeles and living in NY - I think I'm just usually exposed to people who eat well and stay in shape. It was a real wake up call to see so many obese people once we left our area.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I'll try to refrain.

But, you have a lot going for you, man. I wish I would've stuck with piano lessons when I was 7.

You're a good catch, despite the 'facts' laid down a few posts up.
Don't worry a few of those are temporary.

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I figure less than 5% of the available male population will be interested in me if that. Some people are attractive to the general population, some people are more niche. It's just the way it is.
Jet: fact: 2% of the population has an IQ of 130 and up, according to stats developed by MENSA. 2%. (We know you're at least 130, if not higher, being an engineer.) Of that, 1/2 roughly, are your same gender. So 1% are male. Of that, at least 1/2 are way out of your age range, either too young, or too old, however you define that, even allowing for a lot of leeway. So you're down to 0.5 %, approx. Of that, a bunch have major baggage. Reduce %-age accordingly. You get the drift. Still, that leaves around a couple thousand people in the US, not counting globally.

I guess the same would apply to the Kid. Cut out people who drink or smoke or drug, watch TV, meet his standard in looks and weight, well... you're probably down to 0.1 % of the population, if that. A few needles in the haystack. Make the most of grad school while you can. Be flexible about age and looks, that'll increase your odds. Happy hunting.

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You've never met me IRL, so that's not necessarily true. As my Mom says, I'm 'good on paper'.

I took that into account, I really havn't talked much to you on here either. But I have read what you've written.

At any rate, your resume sure looks good.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Jet: fact: 2% of the population has an IQ of 130 and up, according to stats developed by MENSA. 2%. (We know you're at least 130, if not higher, being an engineer.) Of that, 1/2 roughly, are your same gender. So 1% are male. Of that, at least 1/2 are way out of your age range, either too young, or too old, however you define that, even allowing for a lot of leeway. So you're down to 0.5 %, approx. Of that, a bunch have major baggage. Reduce %-age accordingly. You get the drift. Still, that leaves around a couple thousand people in the US, not counting globally.
Really only 2%? Wow.....

Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
For some women you might come off as boring. I hope you can put up with an average woman's drama!
Depends on what you call drama.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't know. I always kind of thought that people on here were blowing things way out of proportion about the whole weight thing but my husband and I recently took a little day trip to a different state and I've never felt so skinny! I swear - everyone was HUGE! Growing up in the suburbs of Los Angeles and living in NY - I think I'm just usually exposed to people who eat well and stay in shape. It was a real wake up call to see so many obese people once we left our area.
lol

Oh I know there are obese people. But when people say "overweight", I generally picture someone with a little meat on their bones that looks healthy and natural. But society puts them in the "overweight" catagory because they don't meet model standards.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Don't worry a few of those are temporary.
Yeah, especially if that PhD nets you a lot of money.

Boy, that %20 will increase rather quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships