Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 12:47 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Great thread. Some interesting reading for sure. I share the same opinions as a lot of women do in regards to military and cops. The military hasn't defended my "freedom" since the war of 1812
Wrong. Forum rules prevent me from calling you out for what you are but I believe they do allow me to say that I have no respect for this position which is taken by cowards and selfish curs who are too busy enjoying the freedom others have defended to even realize that their genes would have been removed from the gene pool had it not been for the very people they disparage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 01:04 PM

864 posts, read 1,455,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
To be honest I like men who served in the military more than men who went on straight to college and never served. They tend to be more mature and better guys. Men I have dated who were college boys (in particular frat boys)were the worst and often still had that attitude years later.
I will not date a frat boy. lol

Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Even now I generally avoid men who were frat boys because most of them still have that mentality.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:39 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
come with their own challenges, pros or cons? Three types that I can think of off the top of my head are military guys, policemen, and firemen.

I have reached the point where I won't date anyone in the military. Every single guy I've dated in the military has had huge issues with arrogance and anal retentive behavior. That, coupled with the fact that I have no desire to move all over the place has put them in the "don't date" category for me.
You forgot the nice guy category. They exist across all fields of employment. Maybe your question should be why do I gravitate towards A holes? My husband is a retiring policemen and we did hit a rough patch. Not because of his job, but more about him turning into his a hole father I think over coming our parents are the biggest challenge in our lives, not the jobs.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:29 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
Pretty much my "don't date" categories, I've dated..

My "ideal" relationships, I've dated.

Categories of men I'm intrinsically and sensationally drawn to in the most unfathomable crying out loud til your hearts desires kinda way?

Integrity, leader, spunky, gets me, wierdo, nerdy, a cool Pee Wee.. well rounded, well read. Spiritual on some level, not religious. Compassionate. Flair for culture, travel, food, health, and just about anything yuppy but lives a very simple comfortable life. Authentic.

Whatever his type is, genuine seems to be pretty most accurate!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:45 AM

864 posts, read 1,455,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Maybe your question should be why do I gravitate towards A holes?
I don't. I didn't say they were a-holes either. Anyone who is willing to serve their country is not an a-hole in my book, but the personality traits I've noticed in military guys as a whole are why I don't date them.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Being in the military doesn't absolve someone from being an a-hole anymore than it guarantees someone is an a-hole. Serving your country is great and a good choice for many, but it doesn't really mean you are a good guy/girl or a bad one.

My preference to not date active duty military does not have to do with perceived personality stereotypes, but instead with it being an incompatible lifestyle choice. The military lifestyle is not one that appeals to me, moving-wise, commitment-wise, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships