Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times

Advertisements

A female poster recently submitted a thread in which she asked what women needed to do to stay out of what you might call the "FWB Zone" and convince men they were worth pursuing more meaningful relationships with. Frankly, I think it has very little to do with what women do or don't do.

In my opinion, many men--and most younger men--actually prefer FWB to real relationships. And in a sense, why wouldn't they? In a FWB situation, a man enjoys all the benefits of a real relationship, but with no strings! FWB is the ultimate win-win, have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too situation, at least from many mens' point of view. In my expereince, FWB is what many men actually want; "real" relationships are just something they sometimes have to settle for.

If I were to give that poster some advice, it would be this: NEVER enter into a FWB arrangement with a man thinking it might grow into "something more." It almost never will. If she presses the issue, he will most likely just dump her and find a new FWB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
There's nothing wrong with being a FWB, but I REALLY hope some women don't think by being his piece of ass on the side that he's going to eventually want a relationship. This isn't "Friends with benefits" Lol.(I mean I liked the movie but lets be real here)

Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
FWB is what guys want until they either a) fall in love, or b) find out their "friend" is FWB with a bunch of other guys.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
FWB is what guys want until they either a) fall in love, or b) find out their "friend" is FWB with a bunch of other guys.
Ruth, it ain't just guys as in example a). Guys on here talk about it but the 2 people I know that have these arrangements in real life are women. The guys I associate with are Single, Single and dating, or married, not an actual FWB amongst them.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Same thing for women. It ain't just a guy thing. In this day and age it actually seems like more and more women actually prefer the fwb situation until 1 of the 2 items you listed occurs.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:27 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
A female poster recently submitted a thread in which she asked what women needed to do to stay out of what you might call the "FWB Zone" and convince men they were worth pursuing more meaningful relationships with. Frankly, I think it has very little to do with what women do or don't do.

In my opinion, many men--and most younger men--actually prefer FWB to real relationships. And in a sense, why wouldn't they? In a FWB situation, a man enjoys all the benefits of a real relationship, but with no strings! FWB is the ultimate win-win, have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too situation, at least from many mens' point of view. In my expereince, FWB is what many men actually want; "real" relationships are just something they sometimes have to settle for.

If I were to give that poster some advice, it would be this: NEVER enter into a FWB arrangement with a man thinking it might grow into "something more." It almost never will. If she presses the issue, he will most likely just dump her and find a new FWB.
That should be obvious. The point of a FWB arrangement is because you dont want to be in a serious relationship but still have sexual needs.

I dont believe that most men dont want "real" relationships at some point in life.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:32 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
I think a lot of guys enjoy having their cake and eating it too, especially immature guys. They can goof off with their buddies and do whatever they feel like while still having a steady source of nookie that they don't have to make much effort for. I had a guy I was "dating" who mostly called me after 10pm to "hang out" and as soon as I called him out on it I never heard from him again. I think most people (of both sexes in a lot of situations) will get away with as much as they can. If a guy can get sex without having to take a chick out on dates then he will. If you can get paid at work without doing a lot of work most people WILL slack off. Just the way most people are.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
I must be the sole exception when it comes to 'FWBs' as a male... never have had any desire for something cheap such as that.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:35 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I had an intimate relationship with one person one time that lasted 5 years, worked out great, no rings, no strings, no expectations but it worked for us because neither of us wanted more. It ended when I met my husband and yes he knows about the guy, they have met, have a lot in common and enjoyed each other's company.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I think a lot of guys enjoy having their cake and eating it too, especially immature guys. They can goof off with their buddies and do whatever they feel like while still having a steady source of nookie that they don't have to make much effort for. I had a guy I was "dating" who mostly called me after 10pm to "hang out" and as soon as I called him out on it I never heard from him again. I think most people (of both sexes in a lot of situations) will get away with as much as they can. If a guy can get sex without having to take a chick out on dates then he will. If you can get paid at work without doing a lot of work most people WILL slack off. Just the way most people are.
True.

Some people like challenges

Others will take the path of least resistance. It is what it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships