Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:23 AM

810 posts, read 1,808,699 times

Advertisements

As some of you may know, fitness is a huge part of my life. I am heavily into weight training (and boxing,) and as such am attracted to fit women. Specifically, I love muscular, strong women. Unfortunately, they are hard to find. I'm not a competitive bodybuilder, though.

Today, at my regular gym (as opposed to my boxing gym) I saw this woman who sported quite the muscular frame (bodybuilders, especially female bodybuilders, are rare at my gym.) She was heavily into her workout, as was I, and our only "interaction" was a polite nod of our heads when we were in the same area. She was wearing headphones, and she soon left after doing her exercises and I didn't see her on the floor for the rest of my workout.

Finding fit women like that is a struggle. I know some people suggest going to fitness classes, but most hardcore bodybuilders, or women who are into weight training heavily, don't go to those classes. The exception is crossfit gyms, but those are too expensive for me (the one near my house costs 180 monthly.) For next time, how can I approach her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 01:05 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Don't think there is ever a perfect time to talk in the gym. Next time Just go up and talk to her. Maybe start off with a compliment or a smile and hello. If she responds go from there. If not than keep it moving. Life is too short to pass up on an opportunity to meet a good woman.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
As some of you may know, fitness is a huge part of my life. I am heavily into weight training (and boxing,) and as such am attracted to fit women. Specifically, I love muscular, strong women. Unfortunately, they are hard to find. I'm not a competitive bodybuilder, though.

Today, at my regular gym (as opposed to my boxing gym) I saw this woman who sported quite the muscular frame (bodybuilders, especially female bodybuilders, are rare at my gym.) She was heavily into her workout, as was I, and our only "interaction" was a polite nod of our heads when we were in the same area. She was wearing headphones, and she soon left after doing her exercises and I didn't see her on the floor for the rest of my workout.

Finding fit women like that is a struggle. I know some people suggest going to fitness classes, but most hardcore bodybuilders, or women who are into weight training heavily, don't go to those classes. The exception is crossfit gyms, but those are too expensive for me (the one near my house costs 180 monthly.) For next time, how can I approach her?
Obviously you are both really into physical fitness, you may want to start a conversation on a certain aspect of her training regime like why she does a certain workout move, or you like how she's developed a certain aspect of her musculature and if she could give you advice on how you could achieve similar results.Play the moment as it comes but i think the key to breaking the ice is your shared passion for physical fitness.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:33 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Ugh. Why do guys feel the need to do this?

If you must approach her at the gym, don't interrupt her workout. Catch her on the way out or in.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:54 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

If you must approach her at the gym, don't interrupt her workout. Catch her on the way out or in.
We do it because we want to. If the female is truly interested she won't mind taking 5 mins out of her schedule to talk to the guy.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:14 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

I have been approached a couple of times at the gym. IT was annoying. I don't even know what the men looked like. I was concentrating on my workout. The guys interrupted my train of thought and I wasn't in the mood to switch gears to pay attention to what he was talking about. I was counting my reps. I basically ignored them. For all I know they could have been really good looking, but I didn't even look.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:41 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post

Do you know the gym owners, or any of the people who work there?
Perhaps they could arrange an introduction.

That would be your best bet.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 AM

496 posts, read 941,329 times
It's kinda annoying when people try to chat in the gym. Someone once interrupted me while I was on the treadmill and, I'd imagine, obviously not in the low intensity zone. That was 'funny.'

I don't know. Maybe at the water fountain, if applicable, or between sets, but then you have about 1 minute max to make your impression. Or you could offer her a spot, but then that potentially seems condescending. haha Actually, probably the best time would be on her way out. You're going to be conspicuous that way, but I'd say if you're going to go for it, go for it.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Maybe it's just me, but other than a polite nod to acknowledge your existence, she had headphones on, and then she left immediately. She sounds equally dedicated to her workouts so I would not interrupt her in any way. I'd rather ask if anyone knows her, if she has a boyfriend or husband, before trying to talk to her.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:56 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
DON'T DO IT! Women HATE to be approached at the gym. Leave them alone. Let them work out. DON'T, DON'T, DON'T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships