Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times

Advertisements

Interrupting a woman's workout at the gym is like shoving a telephone pole up a bear's...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Ive read in this forum many times, that quite a few posters find a gym as a good place for hookups or approaches, but personaly Ive never thought of it this way. Most people seem annoyed when distracted by approaches in the gym, and it was my perception that most go to a gym to get a workout, not to look for a date. I will approach women anywhere on this globe, but I dont thing i have ever done so in a gym, mostly because im usualy more focused on getting my work in, you know the reason im actualy there.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:15 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,487,863 times
When I was single I never had too much luck at meeting women at the gym, but what I did find that works is play dumb. You see a woman you like and pretend you don't know how that machine works and see if it strikes up any form of conversation. I worked for me and women did it to me too. I remember a time when I was at a nightclub, not having much exp with women at that age, and this really cute girl comes up and ask me for the time with a nice smile and a pause. She was playing dumb too just to see if we would hit it off. She could have just read the clock on the wall. Unfortunately at that moment I was so dense I just gave her the time and didn't get her hint. She even waited another 1-2 minutes and then said thanks and walked away. These approaches are subtle and no one gets their feelings hurt or awkward moments. Or you could find a machine you want to work out on that she is wait your turn and ask her how long she's going to be. But this is all dependent on scoping out the situation and making sure she has no SO there.

The reason playing dumb worked, at least for me, is I have always been more attracted to women who are caring and nice. So when you play dumb and find an attractive woman this is helping you understand how to use a piece of equipment you already filtered out the less caring women.

And yet people will say I am playing games, well in reality everyone does they just are in denial both sexes play games all the time because it makes things exciting, as long as it does go too far. If you don't have game or an edge you are done. Women will think you are dull and boring and move on.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:22 AM

The key is you have to invest in yourself to learn about how to read women's clues. They are often subtle. Starting learning about flirting and body language clues and it won't matter if it's the gym or wherever. I am married but I was out running errands the other day and this really nice woman at the hospital was flirting with me. I thought if I was single, because now I am better at reading people, I would have asked her for a cup of coffee just to test the waters. It's so much more natural and less contrived than a bar or club.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
When I was single I never had too much luck at meeting women at the gym, but what I did find that works is play dumb. You see a woman you like and pretend you don't know how that machine works and see if it strikes up any form of conversation. I worked for me and women did it to me too. I remember a time when I was at a nightclub, not having much exp with women at that age, and this really cute girl comes up and ask me for the time with a nice smile and a pause. She was playing dumb too just to see if we would hit it off. She could have just read the clock on the wall. Unfortunately at that moment I was so dense I just gave her the time and didn't get her hint. She even waited another 1-2 minutes and then said thanks and walked away. These approaches are subtle and no one gets their feelings hurt or awkward moments. Or you could find a machine you want to work out on that she is wait your turn and ask her how long she's going to be. But this is all dependent on scoping out the situation and making sure she has no SO there.

The reason playing dumb worked, at least for me, is I have always been more attracted to women who are caring and nice. So when you play dumb and find an attractive woman this is helping you understand how to use a piece of equipment you already filtered out the less caring women.

And yet people will say I am playing games, well in reality everyone does they just are in denial both sexes play games all the time because it makes things exciting, as long as it does go too far. If you don't have game or an edge you are done. Women will think you are dull and boring and move on.
See, here is the thing. Being indirect, is a feminine trait, so its perfectly normal for a girl to come up with an excuse to talk to you. However, being direct is a masculine trait, a trait that most women are attracted to. Because of this, a guy who approaches, is much better off being direct and telling a woman why he really approached, rather than displaying a feminine trait by being indirect. Men and women are equal, but We Are Very Different. Men and women are attracted to different traits, that is why its rare that advice on dating such as what you gave in your post, works for both genders

Old 10-20-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
See, here is the thing. Being indirect, is a feminine trait, so its perfectly normal for a girl to come up with an excuse to talk to you. However, being direct is a masculine trait, a trait that most women are attracted to. Because of this, a guy who approaches, is much better off being direct and telling a woman why he really approached, rather than displaying a feminine trait by being indirect. Men and women are equal, but We Are Very Different. Men and women are attracted to different traits, that is why its rare that advice on dating such as what you gave in your post, works for both genders
Interesting point I could see that.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Interesting point I could see that.
Its not to say, that if you approach a woman in an indirect way you cant have any luck. She may be still interested in you, because she thinks youre cute, funny or nice...but im willoing to bet that her attraction would be ten fold if you approached her in a very direct way and told her exactly why you approached. Something like "I saw you here and came over to tell you that i find you very attractive and wanted to introduce myself". COnstant eye contact and a sly, flirtatious smile, and if the attractionj is mutual you have your foot in the door. I sometimes cringe when guys talk about buying puppies, buy a ridiculous piece of clothing or ask women about what yogurt she likes the best, all in order to show women that they arent very masculine by involving in an indirect way of approach. WHy is that needed? I am a healthy man and you are an attractive woman. what else is really needed for me to approach you and let you know that i like what i see? Its only the most natural thing in the world that ensures continuance of our species and civilization as a whole.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
DON'T DO IT! Women HATE to be approached at the gym. Leave them alone. Let them work out. DON'T, DON'T, DON'T.
Why would it be wrong to assume that a woman working out at a co-ed gym isnt there to meet men? There are plenty of women only gyms for women who dont want to be bugged while working out, right?

Old 10-20-2012, 11:23 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Why would it be wrong to assume that a woman working out at a co-ed gym isnt there to meet men? There are plenty of women only gyms for women who dont want to be bugged while working out, right?
Why would it be right to assume that a woman in a co-ed gym is there to meet men? Apart from Curves, I don't know of any women only gyms and Curves definitely isn't designed for bodybuilders.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
We do it because we want to. If the female is truly interested she won't mind taking 5 mins out of her schedule to talk to the guy.
This is true anywhere, but at the gym, it's not a good idea. I actually think it's rude. Im concentrating, possibly on a machine that could cause me harm if I get distracted, and I'm out of breath and sweating like a pig.

Do you really think any woman wants to be approached in that state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships