Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Bigot? Care to explain where you got that one from? Or you just throw out serious insults at random?

I was just making an analogy. There's many black women I'm attracted to and I am attracted to women of all races.
Maybe Black women are tired of always being "used" in these scenarios.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:34 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
The cultural experience is an interesting take on it. Because if a non-dark skinned person was adopted by a black family and grew up with that cultural experience, would he/she be considered 'black'? Most people today would say no, but pyschologists and political scientists alike agree that in the future racial terms will be used more to describe culture rather than just physical traits
I know people who are physically white and grew up in Black culture and identify themselves as Black. They usually say something like "I'm Black on the inside" but the point of being acculturated gets across. And I'm not talking about white people trying to feel cool by acting out stereotypes, I mean people who were legitimately raised with Black culture.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,696,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I know people who are physically white and grew up in Black culture and identify themselves as Black. They usually say something like "I'm Black on the inside" but the point of being acculturated gets across. And I'm not talking about white people trying to feel cool by acting out stereotypes, I mean people who were legitimately raised with Black culture.

I hope the black community accepts them too. Reason being is that I was partially raised in Asian family and am white..so I grew up acultured Chinese. Not all Asians could grasp it

Old 11-15-2012, 10:59 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
I hope the black community accepts them too. Reason being is that I was partially raised in Asian family and am white..so I grew up acultured Chinese. Not all Asians could grasp it
Exactly...

I was raised in NJ in mostly white neighborhoods and the Asian gals dug white guys.

When I lived in CA, I knew a lot of Asians who lived in black neighborhoods. They dug black guys.

I'm pretty sure if a pretty blonde gal was raised in Japan with her consulate parents, she'd like Asian dudes.

Attraction is all familiarity and media driven.

Seriously. It is...

Old 11-16-2012, 02:31 AM

499 posts, read 756,926 times

Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 AM

499 posts, read 756,926 times
Quote:
Oh yes they are.

Way worse than black women. At least a lot of guys who aren't attracted to black women pull their punches because they don't want to come off as racist.

Women who aren't attracted to short men (even if they are short themselves) have no reason to pull their punches because not liking short men is accepted by society as the norm.

It's really all the same thing. Not liking one whole group just because of a certain uncontrollable physical attribute.
Your analogy is 100% accurate. The difference between not liking Black women, Asian women (any race) and not liking short men is that one will get you called racist, the other will get you a high five, stamp of approval and probably a stupid speech about evolution. There is no difference, you're not attracted to a single attribute (in that case race or culture vs height).

Be attracted to whatever you want. Someone could give you a thousand speeches as to why your preferences are "wrong" but at the end of the day, the speeches don't do a dang thing. My preferences will remain the same. It's what turns me on vs what turns me off. A short man could turn you off, a certain race/ethnicity could turn me off. Simple as that.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ONLY FINDING MEN OF CERTAIN HEIGHTS ATTRACTIVE AND ONLY FINDING WOMEN OF CERTAIN SHADES ATTRACTIVE

My body, my mind, my turn-ons. That's how it works. You can't force me to date someone I don't find attractive.

Last edited by Walter002; 11-16-2012 at 02:47 AM..

Old 11-16-2012, 03:07 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Lol at the racism in this thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Well, the leader of the Free World is married to a Beautiful Black women, and has to gorgeous daughters who will grow into stunning Black women as well. You are rude, and a racist. You may want to check your half-guatemalan wife's ancestry. You may be closer to Africa than you think.
If you're talking about Obama, yes he's married to a black women. But she is NOT attractive.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Oh yes they are.

Way worse than black women. At least a lot of guys who aren't attracted to black women pull their punches because they don't want to come off as racist.

Women who aren't attracted to short men (even if they are short themselves) have no reason to pull their punches because not liking short men is accepted by society as the norm.

It's really all the same thing. Not liking one whole group just because of a certain uncontrollable physical attribute.

No they don't; they don't care about coming across as racist or not. They also don't care about calling every single woman in said group that is not light skinned or white 'ugly.' They will name 2 or 3 very light skinned black women or half white ones and throw in there how the 'rest are ugly' or 'not attracted to them' or 'don't like the other ones' facial features,' etc. Either way one approach is direct and the other one is covert. I still ended up getting the message.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Those people are imbeciles. What the hell is black culture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships