Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 03:53 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,120,780 times

Advertisements

I know single moms who have dated and even married great guys. Meeting people out in the real world is different than meeting someone based off of a few sentences on a dating website. It's easy to dismiss someone based on their dating profile - oh, she has a kid? Next! I've done online dating and I have no problem with it, but I think people get too much inside of their boxes and checklists when they look for someone online. What if you were out getting coffee and you bumped into a beautiful smart woman and had a great conversation? When you found out she had a child would you really move on? Just because someone has been divorced or has children doesn't mean they come with mountains of baggage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM

904 posts, read 1,383,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I know single moms who have dated and even married great guys. Meeting people out in the real world is different than meeting someone based off of a few sentences on a dating website. It's easy to dismiss someone based on their dating profile - oh, she has a kid? Next! I've done online dating and I have no problem with it, but I think people get too much inside of their boxes and checklists when they look for someone online. What if you were out getting coffee and you bumped into a beautiful smart woman and had a great conversation? When you found out she had a child would you really move on? Just because someone has been divorced or has children doesn't mean they come with mountains of baggage.
One of the things I found most attractive about my wife is that she is an awesome mom. I knew that, just based on her priorities before I ever saw her being a mom in person.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 PM

896 posts, read 1,478,316 times
Quote:
Hot women are a rare commodity in your 40s. Men will sit up and beg for a hot mom, whether she has 1 kid, 12 kids, or gave birth to a small orangutang.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,699,982 times
Truth? Men should pass by any woman that has children with a living man. Men just cannot successfully deal with the issues of child raising when the kids prefer their real dad. It will undermine the best. In the case of a deceased man, there is only a slight chance of success. A man can only dream of success in this case via real hard work.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM

17,645 posts, read 22,683,204 times
Quote:
I know you put mountains in your post for a reason,

Your a mountain girl.

Hawk~mountain man...

Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times
gota think real hard to take on mama and 4 kids.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:31 PM

11 posts, read 11,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I doubt they have a problem with mating. perhaps sometimes dating?
Agree. A woman with kids that is pretty will have no problem "mating" or having "hook ups". Pretty women rarely have a hard time finding a man to sleep with.

And that term "single mother"....Come now, our PC world is a joke. A dope that has 4 kids by 8 maybe fathers? Or a widow? Or a woman that got out of a marriage that didn't work out? Not the same. Not by a long shot. Men understand this difference.

A man usually will date, have sex, let the woman do chores and cook for him if she is any of the above. They marry the ones that are widows or tried at a previous marriage that just didn't work out.

The dopes that have unprotected sex by multiple men and have kids with different fathers that never married? Good luck girls. Nice men will buy you a drink or dinner, but don't count on much more.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:28 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Apparently this has been discussed before and i didn't get the memo. Sorry!

Yea i agree, there are tons of hot single moms out there. I don't see the big problem. Likely if a single mom is having trouble finding someone, it has more to do with mediocre looks or a bad personality. I highly doubt that the majority men are going to pass by an attractive woman with a great personality just because she has a kid. But a few of the ladies here say otherwise.
In general... single mothers have zero problems attracting men to them. But that's true of women in general even if they're missing teeth and cross eyed. A woman really deformed is going to have zero men hitting on her though. And I empathize with such a poor soul. Life is not evenly distributed in "fairness."

But yeah... single mothers do just fine.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:52 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,277,944 times
I'm a single mom and I've had no problems at all finding men that want a relationship with me. I get the same attention and attract a good quality of men as well.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:55 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,112,458 times
kids are a blessing when their yours, however unless a potential partner is looking for an instant family its baggage. nodifferent than a guy who works a lot of hours. work can get in the way of some relationships your kids going to take your time and that can be a dealbreaker for some.

kids arent a good or bad things it depends on what your potential partner is looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships