Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I need to drink to tell him how I feel. I know he feels the same but is scared and no self esteem.
You say you're a woman who is beautiful and has a Master's Degree, yet you are chasing a basement dweller who clearly cannot commit to a relationship with you and that you need to get hammere on free booze to tell him how you feel. I don't get it. Something just doesn't add up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 12:44 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
You say you're a woman who is beautiful and has a Master's Degree, yet you are chasing a basement dweller who clearly cannot commit to a relationship with you and that you need to get hammere on free booze to tell him how you feel. I don't get it. Something just doesn't add up.
He has the qualities that are important to IDDY: he doesn't have kids and isn't divorced so he can marry in the church. Apparently, he's the only one in Mayberry who meets that criteria.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why would you want a man with no self-esteem, and what kind of relationship could you possibly have if the only time you can communicate your feelings is with the use of alcohol? Raj, is that you?
Because he is a good guy who shares my beliefs and is inexperienced in dating. He doesn't have a lot of baggage.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:53 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Because he is a good guy who shares my beliefs and is inexperienced in dating. He doesn't have a lot of baggage.
IMO, someone with no self-esteem and no experience in dating, at age 50...that's more baggage than the divorced guy.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:09 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
[quote=Idon'tdateyou;27700181]The 6 year old probably heard him tell her father since they are friends (and yes both are member of the American Legion). I doubt he told the girl but her father. Otherwise why else would she mention it since I have never mentioned my crush on him at all to my students. Why go to the American Legion? because I am involved with various programs there since my brother is serving in the army (and I was briefly in the navy).[/quote]

I served in our US Navy. Why were you only briefly in the Navy, if i might ask?

Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
I need to drink to tell him how I feel. I know he feels the same but is scared and no self esteem.
In my very (okay, not so) humble opinion, all of this is not worth the calories in a light beer. So, you get drunk, tell him how you feel, then what? Do you really think he's going to see that as a good thing? That you'll get together, fall in love, get married, and live happily ever after? What happens if you have a disagreement? Will you have to drink to talk to him? Or will you walk on eggs because of his poor self-esteem?

IDDY, you've been mooning over this guy for six months. Move on. Seriously. You're wasting your time. He's not even worth the effort. You're in your 40s. Please, get a hold of yourself.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I served in our US Navy. Why were you only briefly in the Navy, if i might ask?
I have bad ankles and arthritis was discovered after a bad sprain and suffered at that time from severe migraine headaches so was discharged medically. I always regretted that I was discharged but at least it wasn't for bad reasons.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
IMO, someone with no self-esteem and no experience in dating, at age 50...that's more baggage than the divorced guy.
Everyone has baggage but this is better than someone who doesn't share my morals.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
In my very (okay, not so) humble opinion, all of this is not worth the calories in a light beer. So, you get drunk, tell him how you feel, then what? Do you really think he's going to see that as a good thing? That you'll get together, fall in love, get married, and live happily ever after? What happens if you have a disagreement? Will you have to drink to talk to him? Or will you walk on eggs because of his poor self-esteem?

IDDY, you've been mooning over this guy for six months. Move on. Seriously. You're wasting your time. He's not even worth the effort. You're in your 40s. Please, get a hold of yourself.
No, I am just uncomfortable telling him how I feel because I am shy as he is.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Everyone has baggage but this is better than someone who doesn't share my morals.
He's not the only man in the world who would share your morals. He doesn't really sound like someone who has anything positive to offer a relationship, let alone have the capability to get into and actually be in a relationship. Why are you pursuing this guy specifically? Do you just like a challenge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships