Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 05:43 PM

2,062 posts, read 1,966,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Not sure what studies youre referring to because statistically speaking, men whom stay single and focused tend to advance and find better opportunities in their career then men attached to a home..

Depends what someone's definition of happy is i suppose
Married men generally advance in their careers much faster. Married couples have higher net worth. But then it is the more educated men that have the highest rate of successful marriages. They also are better at spelling and grammar than many I see here.

Five Benefits of Being A Married Man « Staggered USA Staggered USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 06:30 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,713,467 times
Remember kids, married men are intelligent saints and unmarried men are stupid scum. It's funny how people give so much power to a piece of paper. I can make statistics say what I want as well.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:43 PM

868 posts, read 1,124,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Remember kids, married men are intelligent saints and unmarried men are stupid scum. It's funny how people give so much power to a piece of paper. I can make statistics say what I want as well.
Yep, gotta love these sweeping generalizations. It baffles and saddens me that many people actually believe that nonsense, or that being married makes you somehow better.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,291,353 times
Keep the religious aspect out of this post. Stay on topic and do not hijack the thread please

Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,931,114 times
Being single is awesome because you can pretty much do whatever you want and don't have to answer to or compromise with anyone. However, I think the biggest upside of being single is that you can date/hookup with whomever you want without any ramifications. There are so many chicks in the world that I think it's crazy for a guy to commit to one woman FOR LIFE and give up all other romantic and sexual options.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:34 AM

10,929 posts, read 11,773,402 times
I won't even try to explain why some people stay single. I'm not one of them. We all have reasons for how we behave, but the ones that we believe in aren't always accurate.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:03 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,702,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Being single is awesome because you can pretty much do whatever you want and don't have to answer to or compromise with anyone. However, I think the biggest upside of being single is that you can date/hookup with whomever you want without any ramifications. There are so many chicks in the world that I think it's crazy for a guy to commit to one woman FOR LIFE and give up all other romantic and sexual options.
No ramifications? STDs (many of which can be spread while using protection), unwanted pregnancies (because bc is not always 100%, even condoms)?

Honestly, I have absolutely no desire to have sex with a ton of different people. Some people value actual relationships over random hook ups. But whatever floats your boat.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
No ramifications? STDs (many of which can be spread while using protection), unwanted pregnancies (because bc is not always 100%, even condoms)?

Honestly, I have absolutely no desire to have sex with a ton of different people. Some people value actual relationships over random hook ups. But whatever floats your boat.
1. Other than herpes and HIV (and I guess HPV if you're a chick), STDs aren't a big deal and can be patched up with a simple visit to the doctors office or free clinic.

2. Just wear a condom. Condoms rarely fail if they are on correctly, are from a reputatable company, and are the appropriate size.

Btw, why even trust a chick to take her birth control religously? A chick saying she's on birth control means absolutely nothing to me since I have no way of confirming whether or not she actually took it that day or has been taking it.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:50 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,702,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
1. Other than herpes and HIV, STDs aren't a big deal and can be patched up with a simple visit to the doctors office or free clinic.

2. Just wear a condom. Condoms rarely fail if it's on correctly, is from a reputatable company, and is the appropriate size.

Btw, why even trust a chick to take her birth control religously? A chick saying she's on birth control means absolutely nothing to me since I don't see her take it everyday.
You forget HPV, which can cause cervical cancer, throat cancer and genital warts. That's spread by skin to skin contact even while wearing condoms. The fact that you simply don't care is telling.

Even if used correctly 100% of the time, condoms can still fail around 5% of the time.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You forget HPV, which can cause cervical cancer, throat cancer and genital warts. That's spread by skin to skin contact even while wearing condoms. The fact that you simply don't care is telling.

Even if used correctly 100% of the time, condoms can still fail around 5% of the time.
I already had that in there. You were too trigger happy with your response and probably responded within 5 seconds of me hitting the save button.

Btw, you're too worried about all of this. I've been extremely reckless for the past 10 years and never ran into major problems. You only live once, man....might as well go hard or go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships