Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 07:21 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,417,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
It's something that those born either beautiful or at least average looks wise shouldn't lose sleep over, but rather keep secretly s******ing at the 45 year old man standing in line at the "10 items or less" checkout with his crate of beer, meal for one and sad and tired eyes, about to come home to a lonely apartment and drink himself to sleep, wondering why he was born unattractive and why he is continually tortured by others continuing to pass him by.
Some of the ugliest people I know are married...They're also ugly on the inside too..its amazing who gets married. Its mostly luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,952,864 times
Actaully dependig o the people ;co-habitatio can be a much more legally and costly matter. Divorce is a recognised established legal matter. Co-habitatio and in some states comonlaw is very different. First the contract i both much be decided as to if it exist.Then there is no genral guide on now assets are devided. Have a child and it gets more complicated.Marriage is a contract under law and has general provisions governing it.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM

868 posts, read 1,123,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Some of the ugliest people I know are married...They're also ugly on the inside too..its amazing who gets married. Its mostly luck.
Nah, but then again, you make a good point. Luck plays a major part in many of the good things we experience in life. We are not as in control of our own destinies as we like to believe. **** happens, or the scumbag drug dealer and womanizer wins the lottery and lives happily ever after. Luck.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:35 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,789,690 times
I don't think you need a piece of paper to be "married"

Old 11-20-2012, 07:39 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
I am a live and let live type with this issue, but in the spirit of this thread...

Why would anyone want to be single?

I live with my best friend.

We do all sorts of cool stuff together...from chilling and watching a football game to biking down a volcano to seeing a play to playing Real Housewives drinking game to test driving $100k cars to blowing sh** up on Grand Theft Auto to watching our son learn to walk to having sex by the beach...
Besides pooping, I can't think of an activity my wife's presence doesn't make better.

I have a date for every occasion.

My wife's income added to mine means even more awesome lifestyle.

I have someone I trust to raise my son with.

I have lovingly created small thoughtful gestures performed for me on a near daily basis.

I get awesome presents.

I have someone to fuss over me when I am sick.

I have someone who is always on.my side or on my team.

Why would I give that up for...anything? I do what I want, I buy what I want, I go where I want...and she does the same. Just so happens that we like doing things together and being where the other is at most of the time.

*shrug*

Old 11-20-2012, 07:40 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
What a load of crap.

Most good things come to those who earn them.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Nah, but then again, you make a good point. Luck plays a major part in many of the good things we experience in life. We are not as in control of our own destinies as we like to believe. **** happens, or the scumbag drug dealer and womanizer wins the lottery and lives happily ever after. Luck.
the truly bad people will get what they deserve. The sneaky people though, may always get the good stuff in life and yes, that is very frustrating.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What a load of crap.

Most good things come to those who earn them.
that's true too. but I know of lots of people who are ugly, maybe only physically maybe only on the inside and sometimes both, who are married. I also know lots of attractive people, both inside and out who are single.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,394,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am a live and let live type with this issue, but in the spirit of this thread...

Why would anyone want to be single?

I live with my best friend.

We do all sorts of cool stuff together...from chilling and watching a football game to biking down a volcano to seeing a play to playing Real Housewives drinking game to test driving $100k cars to blowing sh** up on Grand Theft Auto to watching our son learn to walk to having sex by the beach...
Besides pooping, I can't think of an activity my wife's presence doesn't make better.

I have a date for every occasion.

My wife's income added to mine means even more awesome lifestyle.

I have someone I trust to raise my son with.

I have lovingly created small thoughtful gestures performed for me on a near daily basis.

I get awesome presents.

I have someone to fuss over me when I am sick.

I have someone who is always on.my side or on my team.

Why would I give that up for...anything? I do what I want, I buy what I want, I go where I want...and she does the same. Just so happens that we like doing things together and being where the other is at most of the time.

*shrug*
Aww, thats so sweet.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,019,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
The floating spaghetti monster will smite you with its noodly appendage for making such a blasphemous remark, filihok.
I'll eat that spaghetti monster.

with extra cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships