Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 04:13 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Being married is great for a woman but not so great for a man.
Married men live longer and are happier.

So...how exactly does that suck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
Find a woman who is willing to split the bill. I've never had a guy buy me a meal unless I did so first.

As for divorce, I know of two women who are currently paying their ex husbands alimony. The only reason men get screwed over in divorce is because they usually make a lot more than their ex wives. Find a woman that makes more than you, or an equal amount, and you probably won't get hosed in a divorce.
Yup.
My friend pays $3000 a month to her ex-husband who keeps all his employment off the books and lives with his gf but won't marry her so that he can keep getting the free cash.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:17 AM

Quote:
If something goes wrong with the marriage then women almost always come out on top. They get houses that they don't pay for and money that they've never earned in many cases. Also, unless the woman is a serial killer or something she'll get the kids, too.

That's the problem with divorce. Not marriage.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:54 AM

231 posts, read 202,133 times
There is nothing wrong with being single and for some people, being single is better suited to their current lifestyle.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:44 AM

403 posts, read 364,312 times
I will only marry someone if I'm in a long-term established relationship with them for awhile and have moved in and lived with each other beforehand.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:34 AM

964 posts, read 995,474 times
Quote:
If something goes wrong with the marriage then women almost always come out on top. They get houses that they don't pay for and money that they've never earned in many cases. Also, unless the woman is a serial killer or something she'll get the kids, too.

Diet and exercise probably have a much bigger impact on health than being married. I'll pass.
A friend of mine lost her house, which her parents paid for, to her now ex due to divorce. I see too many examples of this kind piling up on this thread to justify any generalizations about the system being unfair to men.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:08 AM

2 posts, read 1,069 times
One can be happy alone or happy in a relationship...... can't they?

Old 02-29-2016, 09:35 AM

1,185 posts, read 805,202 times
Quote:
Being married is great for a woman but not so great for a man.
I disagree with you as a man.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:39 AM

1,185 posts, read 805,202 times
It is true that the woman get favored in divorces (most of the times). In MA, the court most of the times will give custody to the mother even if she screwed around and that the child would have a better stable life (as determined by the court social workers) with the dad. I don't know about other states.

The guy still has to provide child support even if the child is shared 50-50 and everything is paid 50-50 just because the dad makes more. Go figure.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:52 AM

1,038 posts, read 903,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well not really. My title is misleading, but sort of in response to the Marriage, I just don't get it thread.

I can totally understand why some people decide to be single. For some people that is the way to go, but for others, not so much.

People who are married really don't question why a person chooses to be single. Now there are those people out there that may, don't get me wrong. We all know of the people who ask when you are going to get married, or if you are married, when you are going to have children. I know those people exist.

I am in a relationship right now and am a divorced woman, so I know what it is like to be married. Obviously there was something wrong in my marriage and that is why I am divorced but I tried pretty hard. We were together for 16 years.

I know some people think there is no reason in this day and age to be married, that it is merely a legal document and now you are in some kind of binding agreement and your life is going to hell in a handbasket.

For the people who are getting married, they obviously don't feel that way. Even as a divorced woman, I want to marry again. I want to be a wife. I want to have a husband. I don't care about his money. It will not end our sexlife. We won't be having any kids to steal our souls from us.

Those of us who are married or believe i the sanctity of marriage don't care if you are single and that is what you want to be. It is not even in question. It is not for all. Being a parent is not for all either....
I just don't get a woman choosing short hair either but there you go.

I am not wanting to boast about my long hair. Its MY choice to have it long and it doesn't mean Inferior.

IT JUST MEANS I CHOOSE TO HAVE LONG HAIR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships