Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Irony.
No joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,151 times
Quote:
Irony.
Those things can be confusing...all the settings for different fabrics. And what's the deal with steam vs. spray?

When I was on POF, my profile pic was shoulders-up, cropped from a candid pic that was taken at a nearby park. I thought it was a true representation of me (not posed).

--Dim

Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
If a guy is nice to look at, I'm certainly not going to complain if he's showing me. I don't mind car or bathroom pics either. I figure it's self-taken and that's the easiest way to do that.

That said, if he's approaching narcissistic or too vain, then that can be a bit of a turn-off. I"ll leave the Adonis's to the Aphrodite's.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:21 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
If a guy is nice to look at, I'm certainly not going to complain if he's showing me. I don't mind car or bathroom pics either. I figure it's self-taken and that's the easiest way to do that.
Well yeah. When you're making a profile, unless you happen to have someone on hand to take your own picture and make it look "natural", you're going to have to take it yourself and that always looks silly. Of course you can use your old facebook pictures but those are usually not the best to sell yourself well on a dating profile.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Well yeah. When you're making a profile, unless you happen to have someone on hand to take your own picture and make it look "natural", you're going to have to take it yourself and that always looks silly.
Right. And, personally, I'd prefer them to professional glamour shots.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scott View Post
Guys cant flex in online pictures, but girls can wear pushup bras and suck in their stomachs. As if thats not noticeable.

"Gee look at how flat her tummy is. Well, I mean, above the belly button it isnt, and below it it isnt either, but right where you would suck in, her tummy is so flat."

I dont care, because I like my girls a little meaty, but it looks just as ridiculous to see a blatantly obvious attempt at sucking in.
How about the girls doing the typical duck face in front of the bathroom mirror squeezing their boobs with their arms to show cleavage or the ones that dedicate a whole album with more than 50 pics she took of her face on slightly different angles?

Last edited by onihC; 11-28-2012 at 10:49 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 10:31 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Seriously, "muscle man" poses - especially if you're over 30 - just make you look like a tool. And so, so, so vain.

(Also unappreciated - those shots of yourself with just a table or counter barely covering your junk.)

This has been my PSA for today.
K. And what about the 2,000 women online doing the same? I suppose the bikini photo is fine?

Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
How about the girls doing the typical duck face in front of the bathroom mirror squeezing her boobs with her arms to show cleavage or the ones that dedicate a whole album with more than 50 pics she took of her face on slightly different angles?
An honest question, because I don't use dating sites, but isn't this type of pose typically done by really young women (25 and younger)?

Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,262 times
For me, instant elimination was any guy over 30 whose main profile pic showed him drinking a beer or cocktail. Really? That's the best you got? I'm a non-drinker (allergic) with a skewed view of alcoholism (alcoholic parent/step-parent) so anyone whose only pictures are in a bar/party setting most likely isn't going to be compatible with me anyway.

What I found funny was reading that men don't want to see pictures of women with their pets, but almost every profile I read in which the guy said he had a dog included at least one picture of him and the dog or just the dog.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM

219 posts, read 506,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's the kind of thing that men do to impress each other, not women.
Then how come I have to offer my female friends a tissue to wipe off the drool after they're done talking about Brad Pitt with his shirt off in Fight Club or Will Smith with his shirt off in I am Legend. I hear women talk all the time about how so and so was ripped in such and such movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships