Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 11:35 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I can guarantee you the OP drools over guys shirtless pics, as long as theyre her type.
But there's a pretty big difference between thinking "whoa, that guy has a nice body," and "that's a guy I want to go out with on a date." No one is saying that women aren't attracted to good looking men, it's whether a guy who posts a shirtless vanity shot in his online dating profile is the kind of guy she wants to go out with. For some women it's "yes," and for others it's "hell no."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
High-5??? Now I feel old.

...off to google High-5!

Ok...done googling and I'm confused (and old), what's High-5???
I remember those as my older cousins would talk about them while I was like “Huh?” I was introduced to social media about 3 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Would you prefer to see her reading a book? Just wondering.
See, thing is many women may think all men want to see them doing slutty poses and what not, nope, just like men flexing muscles without their shirts may think that is what all women want to see. There are many ways a woman can look attractive without doing those same old over-used poses. Yes, I prefer a more decent picture. My ex had was pretty big up there (natural, not implants) and yet never found it necessary to have pictures taken of her popping her boobs out of her shirt or even wear clothes showing cleavage. I found that quite nice and that’s what I prefer in a woman. So yes, I prefer other kinds of pictures.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
See, thing is many women may think all men want to see them doing slutty poses and what not, nope, just like men flexing muscles without their shirts may think that is what all women want to see. There are many ways a woman can look attractive without doing those same old over-used poses. Yes, I prefer a more decent picture. My ex had was pretty big up there (natural, not implants) and yet never found it necessary to have pictures taken of her popping her boobs out of her shirt or even wear clothes showing cleavage. I found that quite nice and that’s what I prefer in a woman. So yes, I prefer other kinds of pictures.
Fair enough. But some guys do prefer the sl*tty look. Perhaps women are targeting those guys.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times
Quote:
Would you prefer to see her reading a book? Just wondering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
That's pretty hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I'm with these two fine gentleman (Ducky and onihC). The sort of pose where the lady is reading, walking, riding or in fact showing that she can do things other than photograph her cleavage and pout in the mirror would, without a doubt, attract my attention on a dating site.

Quote:
Fair enough. But some guys do prefer the sl*tty look. Perhaps women are targeting those guys.
I don't doubt that some men do, maybe that's the kind of men that women adopting those poses are after and those doing different poses are after another type of man.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
What I really meant was that women at times say one thing, but mean the opposite. I can guarantee you the OP drools over guys shirtless pics, as long as theyre her type.
I ain't dead.

But you can tell if a guy has a good body or not just by a regular photo. If he thinks I need to see every ridge and shadow to be into him, well, we're on different wavelengths. I half wonder if they're not trying to distract you from their personality defects at that point.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:16 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I ain't dead.

But you can tell if a guy has a good body or not just by a regular photo. If he thinks I need to see every ridge and shadow to be into him, well, we're on different wavelengths. I half wonder if they're not trying to distract you from their personality defects at that point.
The only reason I have shirtless photos of myself, is that I made a p90x results collage, in order to inspire others. Since I got an amazing response from the ladies, i decided to use it to my advantage and use it on POF as one of my other pics. With that in mind, should I not use it and put myself at a disadvantage?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I don't doubt that some men do, maybe that's the kind of men that women adopting those poses are after and those doing different poses are after another type of man.

Yes. Just like men who flex are trying to attract the women who like that. Everyone wants someone who likes them.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Duck face is my best face. I never knew it was a "thing".

Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
The only reason I have shirtless photos of myself, is that I made a p90x results collage, in order to inspire others. Since I got an amazing response from the ladies, i decided to use it to my advantage and use it on POF as one of my other pics. With that in mind, should I not use it and put myself at a disadvantage?
Are you otherwise hideously ugly with a horrific personality?

Just sayin'.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Duck face is my best face. I never knew it was a "thing".
Sorry, what is the "Duck Face"? Is it the pouty lip thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships