Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,988 times

Advertisements

Some women don't want a guy with muscle, but there is someone for everyone out there.

Do you prefer emo hipster guys flashing the peace sign at Starbucks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,378 times
It's funny because guys all want pics of a girls bod but girls just want a nice portrait of a guys face. I don't do online dating anymore but if I did I would want a full body pic with a confirmed date on it. For every guy that says he's making 100k there's a fat chick that says she's average or curvy.

eff online dating in the face

Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And they could at least clean the bathroom first.

LOL...I know I look at all the background details when viewing photos. It always amazes me that some people never take that stuff into consideration.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,900 times
Personally, I would rather have a current shirtless, flexing bathroom photo over a 10 year old, far away heavily pixelated photo. (I learned the hard way years ago!!!! Then again, we didn't have cameras in a cell phones back then either.)

Now that I think about it, it was my husband's muscles that sold me when we met online , although he did have a shirt on in his 1 photo. It was just fitted and complemented his physique.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,366,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Some women don't want a guy with muscle, but there is someone for everyone out there.

Do you prefer emo hipster guys flashing the peace sign at Starbucks?
Most of my boyfriends have been ex-military, mechanics, former bikers, etc. The common theme among my ex-boyfriends is "men most likely to survive an zombie apocalypse." So no, emo doesn't work for me.

I like muscle. But if a guy thinks his muscles are his prime selling point, we're not going to get along. The guys I've dated have also been highly intelligent, self-educated men, and that's what's been the primary attraction. They're not peacocks.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 AM

241 posts, read 465,516 times
Guys cant flex in online pictures, but girls can wear pushup bras and suck in their stomachs. As if thats not noticeable.

"Gee look at how flat her tummy is. Well, I mean, above the belly button it isnt, and below it it isnt either, but right where you would suck in, her tummy is so flat."

I dont care, because I like my girls a little meaty, but it looks just as ridiculous to see a blatantly obvious attempt at sucking in.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scott View Post
Guys cant flex in online pictures, but girls can wear pushup bras and suck in their stomachs. As if thats not noticeable.

"Gee look at how flat her tummy is. Well, I mean, above the belly button it isnt, and below it it isnt either, but right where you would suck in, her tummy is so flat."

I dont care, because I like my girls a little meaty, but it looks just as ridiculous to see a blatantly obvious attempt at sucking in.
Haha!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:07 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,920 times
Muscles are fine, a little subtle flexing is fine (or jokingly over the top flexing) but I find those shirtless bathroom shots so depressing with the yellowing from the lights, the messy bathroom, and, worst of all, the reflection of the flash in the mirror.

Don't you have friends with whom you go out and do things and put pictures up from those occasions? Can't you ask a stranger to take a picture of you at the park or at a party or something? Is a vain, low quality self portrait really the best option when trying to attract a date?

Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Muscles are fine, a little subtle flexing is fine (or jokingly over the top flexing) but I find those shirtless bathroom shots so depressing with the yellowing from the lights, the messy bathroom, and, worst of all, the reflection of the flash in the mirror.

Don't you have friends with whom you go out and do things and put pictures up from those occasions? Can't you ask a stranger to take a picture of you at the park or at a party or something? Is a vain, low quality self portrait really the best option when trying to attract a date?
I agree. Bathroom pics are a huge turnoff for me. I'd prefer to see a pic of a guy in a flattering shirt/outfit that highlights his muscles, as opposed to a shirtless pic in which he is exposing himself in an attempt to show off.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
LOL...I know I look at all the background details when viewing photos. It always amazes me that some people never take that stuff into consideration.
Me too! A guy I dated a few years ago sent me a shirtless pic and there was a curling iron in the background ....

He lived alone and had really short hair. Id seen his bathroom plenty. He was either playing with dolls or had someone else sleep over. Doh.

I do like shirtless pics though. Mmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships